User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-07-2019, 06:40 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
- Tried to force Stevie's hand and cajole her into recording a studio album with Fleetwood Mac by recording eight songs with Mick and John shortly after her mother died. He then tried her to convince her to sing on these when she clearly did not want to and of course, he knew that all along.
- He wanted to intersperse solo shows with Fleetwood Mac shows. Hardly could say "stand with my band" on that front.
- Got so caught up in the lustful of appeal of new music that he forgot about the financial rewards of touring as well as the higher fan demand for touring versus new music.
- He got his wish and released a pseudo Fleetwood Mac album without Stevie and STILL was NOT satisfied and wanted to do a second album with Stevie involved. Pushed for this prior to the current tour, even when he knew it was not what she wanted and she had told him several (MANY) times why.
Wow. I am shocked to hear that anyone values a (repeat) tour of greatest hits over new music from a band that is considered "a favorite" of his/hers. I would take new music ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. ANY day. New albums are like Christmas for fans! If there's no new music to support, repeat tours are just.... whatever?? The same ole same ole, otherwise. Burn a lot of money for 2 hours of the same show you saw a few years back. Give me the new, fresh music please! And THEN tour for it! PRETTY PLEASE? They just seem $$ hungry and greedy touring without an album to support.

It boggles my mind that Stevie flat refuses to record new music. I do know why -- because she has nothing new to contribute creatively -- but it's incredible to me that she is a permanent road block for anything new labeled "Fleetwood Mac" because she's too embarrassed to show that LB and CM are the lasting creative forces and she's not. It would ruin her image. LB is quoted as saying they didn't call BuckVie a FM album out of respect for Stevie and the whole 5 of them as "Fleetwood Mac" (so painfully ironic how she canned him soon after given his respect for the R5). She could have joined them and chose not to because she was completely absorbed in her solo career throughout that time. Ironic that they're trying to point the finger at LB's solo career being the reason he was ousted. Stevie's solo career has interfered far more through the decades.

And as to LB weaving in solo shows between FM dates... that makes total sense to me. Why not if there are nights off between each gig? If he's got the stamina and means, literally, WHY NOT? It's practical and smart!

As for LB recording the songs soon after Stevie's mother died.... I mean, the man is prolific and wrote and recorded a bunch of songs as he's done most of his adult life. I'm sorry her mother died, no one wants that, but how is that offensive of him? He may have even thought it would be a healthy distraction for her to dive into new music (I would think it would be). Also a lot of times, loss/grief can generate a lot of new creative juices; it could have helped her with writers block and created some amazing songs from her pain. Obviously I have no idea what they discussed together, but I cannot see any wrong in him trying to get new music going. In my view, him trying to include Stevie is a sign of respect, not insult or disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
I actually think the above is a pretty good crystallization of why the two sides on this issue will never see eye to eye.

If you're a fan of A BAND, and you're characterizing CREATING MUSIC as some sort of lesser endeavor to a massive arena tour in which they play songs we've all heard on numerous previous tours, how could you ever understand the frustrations of someone who puts that creative process first?

It's not as if Lindsey was demanding the band stop touring altogether and only record new music. He was saying, Let's do what we've always* done and put an album out first, then tour behind it. I personally know I'll never understand why that suddenly became such a burdensome ask from 2005-2018.

*Until 2009.
Agree 100%.
Old 02-07-2019, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
It would have been the right thing to do regardless.
I agree, 100%. Because she wouldn't have HAD to follow through. There was no way they were going to go out as just $tevie Nick'$ Fajita Roundup. They HAD to have Christine.
Old 02-07-2019, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
She should have saved her friend. Or at least tried.

I KNOW she could have saved the day.

"He's gone? I QUIT." I guarantee you that that would have solved the problem.
we have no clue whether there's any truth to it but isn't that exactly what that one site claims happened? that she quit and left. disappeared for a week or 10 days. then somebody went after her (Mick? lawyers?), not clear whether somebody twisted her arm or Mick whined to get her into coming back.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-07-2019, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by luminol View Post
It boggles my mind that Stevie flat refuses to record new music. I do know why -- because she has nothing new to contribute creatively -- but it's incredible to me that she is a permanent road block for anything new labeled "Fleetwood Mac" because she's too embarrassed to show that LB and CM are the lasting creative forces and she's not. It would ruin her image.LB is quoted as saying they didn't call BuckVie a FM album out of respect for Stevie and the whole 5 of them as "Fleetwood Mac" (so painfully ironic how she canned him soon after given his respect for the R5). She could have joined them and chose not to because she was completely absorbed in her solo career throughout that time. Ironic that they're trying to point the finger at LB's solo career being the reason he was ousted. Stevie's solo career has interfered far more through the decades.
That's why I think he's absolutely done with them. And Christine should leave them too once this joke of a tour is over.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-07-2019, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wow. I am shocked to hear that anyone values a (repeat) tour of greatest hits over new music from a band that is considered "a favorite" of his/hers. I would take new music ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. ANY day. New albums are like Christmas for fans! If there's no new music to support, repeat tours are just.... whatever?? The same ole same ole, otherwise. Burn a lot of money for 2 hours of the same show you saw a few years back. Give me the new, fresh music please! And THEN tour for it! PRETTY PLEASE? They just seem $$ hungry and greedy touring without an album to support.

It boggles my mind that Stevie flat refuses to record new music. I do know why -- because she has nothing new to contribute creatively -- but it's incredible to me that she is a permanent road block for anything new labeled "Fleetwood Mac" because she's too embarrassed to show that LB and CM are the lasting creative forces and she's not. It would ruin her image. LB is quoted as saying they didn't call BuckVie a FM album out of respect for Stevie and the whole 5 of them as "Fleetwood Mac" (so painfully ironic how she canned him soon after given his respect for the R5). She could have joined them and chose not to because she was completely absorbed in her solo career throughout that time. Ironic that they're trying to point the finger at LB's solo career being the reason he was ousted. Stevie's solo career has interfered far more through the decades.

And as to LB weaving in solo shows between FM dates... that makes total sense to me. Why not if there are nights off between each gig? If he's got the stamina and means, literally, WHY NOT? It's practical and smart!

As for LB recording the songs soon after Stevie's mother died.... I mean, the man is prolific and wrote and recorded a bunch of songs as he's done most of his adult life. I'm sorry her mother died, no one wants that, but how is that offensive of him? He may have even thought it would be a healthy distraction for her to dive into new music (I would think it would be). Also a lot of times, loss/grief can generate a lot of new creative juices; it could have helped her with writers block and created some amazing songs from her pain. Obviously I have no idea what they discussed together, but I cannot see any wrong in him trying to get new music going. In my view, him trying to include Stevie is a sign of respect, not insult or disrespect.

Agree 100%.
Since my post appears to have come across as it was written by Stevie or Karen, let me clarify:
- I have presented the counter-argument to the Lindsey and his fans' argument.
- I do not express agreement or disagreement with the counter argument.
- However, I am sick of this being a one-sided argument about Saint Lindsey and how terrible (most of) the rest of the band are.
- Stevie is ABSOLUTELY wrong not to create new music. At the very least she should be writing brand new solo songs. Or recording My Mother's Rings.
- Touring is not evil. It is not our enemy. One wonderful night to remember still has value, and if it is filmed, a LIVE ALBUM also has much merit.
Old 02-08-2019, 01:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Since my post appears to have come across as it was written by Stevie or Karen, let me clarify:
- However, I am sick of this being a one-sided argument about Saint Lindsey and how terrible (most of) the rest of the band are.
- Stevie is ABSOLUTELY wrong not to create new music. At the very least she should be writing brand new solo songs. Or recording My Mother's Rings.
- Touring is not evil. It is not our enemy. One wonderful night to remember still has value, and if it is filmed, a LIVE ALBUM also has much merit.
May I ask you a personal question? Of which I'm truly curious?

How old are you? I'm not meaning that question all judgy or anything...but I'm guessing that you're fairly young. Aren't you?
Old 02-08-2019, 02:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

How old are you? I'm not meaning that question all judgy or anything...but I'm guessing that you're fairly young. Aren't you?
They still haven't learned that we are not "LB" fans. Many of us were fans of LB and Stevie, but Miss Tambourine Goat screwed that up.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:11 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
They still haven't learned that we are not "LB" fans. Many of us were fans of LB and Stevie, but Miss Tambourine Goat screwed that up.
Exactly. I adored ALL of them, particularly LB and Stevie together and their chemistry and intricate history, then collectively rising above to create amazing music as an incredible band. No more. She did it to herself. I see my Stevie stuff now and it angers me so much I want to throw it all away. One of these days I will need extra space and it will be primed to go in the dumpster.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Age should be irrelevant and I feel foolish justifying this with a response. I'm 25.
Old 02-08-2019, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We're not saying Lindsey is a saint, and this is not a one-sided argument. But the fact is... Lindsey was fired. By Stevie. And she justified her decision with a lie. And Mick backed her up. Because she means money and Lindsey doesn't. And John and Christine lowered their heads and said nothing. So, yeah, they're pretty much a bunch of a$$holes and until they do something to prove us wrong, I will continue believing the same thing.

Tough if some of you don't like it.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-08-2019, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
We're not saying Lindsey is a saint, and this is not a one-sided argument. But the fact is... Lindsey was fired. By Stevie. And she justified her decision with a lie. And Mick backed her up. Because she means money and Lindsey doesn't. And John and Christine lowered their heads and said nothing. So, yeah, they're pretty much a bunch of a$$holes and until they do something to prove us wrong, I will continue believing the same thing.

Hear, hear. Nailed it ^^^^^
Old 02-08-2019, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Exactly. I adored ALL of them, particularly LB and Stevie together and their chemistry and intricate history, then collectively rising above to create amazing music as an incredible band. No more. She did it to herself. I see my Stevie stuff now and it angers me so much I want to throw it all away. One of these days I will need extra space and it will be primed to go in the dumpster.
Nailed it as well, ^^^^^
Old 02-08-2019, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Age should be irrelevant and I feel foolish justifying this with a response. I'm 25.
Okay, thank you. About a decade older than my guess.
Old 02-08-2019, 05:02 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:

100% with you.
Old 02-08-2019, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Got it, probably all true, but some of us are not as angered by it, we are more indifferent to the story.
Old 02-08-2019, 05:42 PM
sue
This message has been deleted by sue. Reason: After news about Lindsey my post seems childish