The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 07-12-2018, 12:01 AM
lovethemac1's Avatar
lovethemac1 lovethemac1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: center of Canada
Posts: 533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Aww, thank you! I'm a smart ass, and that sometimes puts uber sensitive people off. But it is what it is.
I agree with secondhandchain, I think your sense of humour is awesome. I'd sit and shoot the s#%* and drink beer with you anytime David. Although, I'm a picky beer drinker, and as its the only alcohol I drink, I love my Stella Artois. But I can pack them back if need be! Cheers.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 07-12-2018, 12:07 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 10,671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
I agree with secondhandchain, I think your sense of humour is awesome. I'd sit and shoot the s#%* and drink beer with you anytime David. Although, I'm a picky beer drinker, and as its the only alcohol I drink, I love my Stella Artois. But I can pack them back if need be! Cheers.
You would probably have to tolerate the occasional Brando impersonation, while you're ordering.
__________________
and Stevie Nicks was starting to lumber along like a sod-packed wheelbarrow.
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 07-12-2018, 12:13 AM
lovethemac1's Avatar
lovethemac1 lovethemac1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: center of Canada
Posts: 533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
You would probably have to tolerate the occasional Brando impersonation, while you're ordering.
No problem!
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 07-12-2018, 02:12 AM
iamnotafraid iamnotafraid is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'm sitting drinking Coors right now(Banquet, not light). Is that worth anything?

And my hillbilly cousin and I call Burt Reynolds "Uncle Burt". Seriously.
You get some points too. Even more if it was still contraband.

Bandit was probably my first PG movie. I blame Uncle Burt for
my love of sport cars.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 07-12-2018, 04:10 AM
Angel75 Angel75 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 446
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
This is precisely why it's hard to believe she was ever abused by him.

And I don't think she's pretending to still be in love with him. I think she still is. She has a hate-love relationship with him like never seen before.
I'm confused.... Weren't you saying last week in other posts that you don't think Stevie EVER loved Lindsey.... This week she apparently STILL DOES?!
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 07-12-2018, 06:13 AM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Argentina
Posts: 1,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
I'm confused.... Weren't you saying last week in other posts that you don't think Stevie EVER loved Lindsey.... This week she apparently STILL DOES?!
Awww, thank you for following everything I say and not in a good way! :

I didnít want to be so cruel because then you have people saying you hate Stevie. Everyone is so sensitive or they love playing the victim card because there will always be someone listening to them.

Sick love isnít love, is obsession. For the past 43 years. I leave you but you still do what I say.
__________________
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
- Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 07-12-2018, 07:25 AM
sue sue is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: berkshire
Posts: 737
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Could you get me a bourbon on the rocks? Then say 5 Hail $tevies!
Iíve lost track of what this thread is about, (frequently do these days) but what you say here is funny, really funny.😅😅😅😅.

Aperol and Prosecco for me....
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 07-12-2018, 07:41 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,500
Default

Champagne anyone?
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 07-12-2018, 07:54 AM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Argentina
Posts: 1,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Thanks, A....Button.

Money is what separates us from the animals. Loaning friends money is usually a VERY bad idea. I loaned a very trusted friend $250, a couple months ago. I was promised it back in 2 weeks. It was for an expedited passport, as they got a summer internship in Melbourne. Didn't get the money back.... I'm in the process of getting a will done right now, and WAS leaving them enough money to pay off their student loans. When they get back, I'm giving two chances at offering me back the money. If not, their 50K in student loans will take a WHILE to pay off. Life is about doing the right and honest thing. And I'm a hard grader on such.
That's sad, especially if it happens with people you know and trust for a very long time. This is what I always say: it's their loss, and you clearly didn't mean that much. But mostly it's their loss.

I hope you get your money back. And not because of the material aspect of the situation.

And I also hope we can all sit and drink some beers (or whatever, I'm not picky ) after some Lindsey's solo concert (if there's ever one).
__________________
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
- Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 07-12-2018, 09:38 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 10,671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I’ve lost track of what this thread is about, (frequently do these days) but what you say here is funny, really funny.��������.

Aperol and Prosecco for me....
Thank you very much.

It honestly does bother me that some people think I'm a mean guy.

Because I'm not. I'm a smart as$. I'm terribly sarcastic. I apparently have no filter these days. I think $tevie is bat sh*t crazy.

But I love 95% of y'all.
__________________
and Stevie Nicks was starting to lumber along like a sod-packed wheelbarrow.
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 07-12-2018, 09:45 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 10,671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
That's sad, especially if it happens with people you know and trust for a very long time. This is what I always say: it's their loss, and you clearly didn't mean that much. But mostly it's their loss.

I hope you get your money back. And not because of the material aspect of the situation.

And I also hope we can all sit and drink some beers (or whatever, I'm not picky ) after some Lindsey's solo concert (if there's ever one).
It is very sad. I've been having some health problems the past few weeks, and decided that it's finally time to get a will done(I've been trying to make myself do it for 3-4 years, but death is a hard thing to think about, at least for me).

If the friend doesn't pay me back, that $250 is literally going to cost them 50K. Because that's what I was leaving them(which is their student loan debt amount). They'll never know, because I won't tell them, but karma can be a bitch. DO.THE.RIGHT.THING, kids.

Heck yes! Lindsey is the only one I'll be supporting now, and I hope you hit some of his Midwest shows! Dinner and drinks!
__________________
and Stevie Nicks was starting to lumber along like a sod-packed wheelbarrow.
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 07-12-2018, 09:47 AM
sodascouts's Avatar
sodascouts sodascouts is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Memphis area
Posts: 4,338
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Awww, thank you for following everything I say and not in a good way! :

I didnít want to be so cruel because then you have people saying you hate Stevie. Everyone is so sensitive or they love playing the victim card because there will always be someone listening to them.

Sick love isnít love, is obsession. For the past 43 years. I leave you but you still do what I say.
Thank you for explaining because I was wondering about that apparent contradiction, too!

It's true that this kind of love isn't doing Lindsey any favors.

But if it is love-hate, or hate-love, maybe it will cycle back (even if the odds are low).
__________________
- Nancy

Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 07-12-2018, 10:06 AM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Argentina
Posts: 1,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
It is very sad. I've been having some health problems the past few weeks, and decided that it's finally time to get a will done(I've been trying to make myself do it for 3-4 years, but death is a hard thing to think about, at least for me).

If the friend doesn't pay me back, that $250 is literally going to cost them 50K. Because that's what I was leaving them(which is their student loan debt amount). They'll never know, because I won't tell them, but karma can be a bitch. DO.THE.RIGHT.THING, kids.

Heck yes! Lindsey is the only one I'll be supporting now, and I hope you hit some of his Midwest shows! Dinner and drinks!
I hope it's just a health scare. We will talk about it privately.

Yeah, I'm definitely trying to do the right thing, and who knows, maybe you friend is lurking The Ledge and now knows what he/she's missing.

I haven't yet visit the Midwest, so it's definitely a choice. Now more than ever.
__________________
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
- Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 07-12-2018, 10:42 AM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Argentina
Posts: 1,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Thank you for explaining because I was wondering about that apparent contradiction, too!

It's true that this kind of love isn't doing Lindsey any favors.

But if it is love-hate, or hate-love, maybe it will cycle back (even if the odds are low).
I don't think the odds are that low. We're talking about Lindsey and Stevie. Anything can happen.

I think that that kind of love cost him his place in the band, so yeah, it's not doing him any favors.
__________________
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
- Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 07-12-2018, 11:00 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,500
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Thank you for explaining because I was wondering about that apparent contradiction, too!

It's true that this kind of love isn't doing Lindsey any favors.

But if it is love-hate, or hate-love, maybe it will cycle back (even if the odds are low).
With that kind of love, his heart skips some beats, now he's lonely.

__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

FLEETWOOD MAC personally signed 45 - CHRISTINE McVIE
$277.82
FLEETWOOD MAC personally signed 45 - CHRISTINE McVIE pictureFLEETWOOD MAC personally signed Greatest hits LP cover - CHRISTINE McVIE
$125.01
FLEETWOOD MAC personally signed Greatest hits LP cover - CHRISTINE McVIE pictureChristine McVie Poster Fleetwood Mac Old /Warner Brothers
$29.0
Christine McVie Poster Fleetwood Mac Old /Warner Brothers pictureFLEETWOOD MAC STEVIE NICKS MICK CHRISTINE MCVIE LINDSEY GRAMMY AWARD POSTER
$24.99
FLEETWOOD MAC STEVIE NICKS MICK CHRISTINE MCVIE LINDSEY GRAMMY AWARD POSTER picture1978 Press Photo Christine McVie and Bob Welch - cvp35608
$19.99
1978 Press Photo Christine McVie and Bob Welch - cvp35608 picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved