The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 06-04-2018, 07:18 PM
Storms123 Storms123 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
I just listened to this softball interview. No mention of Lindsey except Mick saying he has 'huge kudos of respect for Lindsey now and into the future but we needed a change'. Rehearsal starts in August but a little earlier for him and John with the guitar players. He praised Mike's production ability and his songwriting. Mick didn't realize how much Mike had written over the years. 50 years of FM for him and John so they want to revisit the early blues days and "jam things out a little bit more here and there".

I'd have to listen again because he rambles, but he said there was a 'team huddle' where they weren't sure they should continue but once they decided to go forward they had to decide who to get. Then something about 'a lot of thought for Neil' after acknowledging they had Mike. I swear he uses 4-6 extra words for every 1 word that would suffice.
I just reread this--that line is even more appalling. I am not even sure how to comprehend that. "We plan on calling him up in the future to bail our a$$es out of a sling." And he's thrown change into the vernacular now--I thought Lindsey wasn't touring because of scheduling conflicts--now it's a change. Are we getting closer to the truth.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-04-2018, 07:57 PM
dreamsunwind dreamsunwind is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I just reread this--that line is even more appalling. I am not even sure how to comprehend that. "We plan on calling him up in the future to bail our a$$es out of a sling." And he's thrown change into the vernacular now--I thought Lindsey wasn't touring because of scheduling conflicts--now it's a change. Are we getting closer to the truth.
IA. Out of all the BS that this band has spewed over the years this whole ordeal has hands down the most silly statements after another. I doubt Lindsey will ever want to work with them again, his pride is too much for that, but Mick will probably always want to turn to him when he's desperate. I remember I read somewhere when Mick talked about that period in the 90s after Time when he and John broke up the band, he was saying how it was such a bad time for him and then (conveniently) who was the person he decided to reach out to? Lindsey! He talked about how he wrote to him and they talked for a bit and shortly after Lindsey brought him and John out to do his solo album and they spent time together and had some good talks and then we all know how that turned out
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-04-2018, 08:29 PM
Storms123 Storms123 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
IA. Out of all the BS that this band has spewed over the years this whole ordeal has hands down the most silly statements after another. I doubt Lindsey will ever want to work with them again, his pride is too much for that, but Mick will probably always want to turn to him when he's desperate. I remember I read somewhere when Mick talked about that period in the 90s after Time when he and John broke up the band, he was saying how it was such a bad time for him and then (conveniently) who was the person he decided to reach out to? Lindsey! He talked about how he wrote to him and they talked for a bit and shortly after Lindsey brought him and John out to do his solo album and they spent time together and had some good talks and then we all know how that turned out
I actually think the PTSD for me is kicking in now. At first I was like WTF, but acknowledged this is classic FM. But the narrative just didn't hold, given everything the Rumours 5 have said over the last few years. And then--the rationale behind it didn't add up. And then the botched press, and now the backpedaling and changing the story. I am so sad for this incarnation, especially if this truly winds up being their farewell tour. No disrespect to Mike or Neil--they aren't going to be able to hold this together for me. I have a certain level of expectation when I go to an FM show--and it's not Neil Finn singing GYOW and leading off the "Chain" (they are beyond moronic to include this song--but they will) and it's not Mike Campbell playing Landslide with Stevie. And before anyone jumps on me--Stevie butchered "Don't Stop" when she sang Christine's part for all those years Christine was gone, and Lindsey and Stevie collectively made my ears bleed before they "smartly" decided to pull "Say You Love Me". I imagine the fans of FM pre BN felt the same way, and I respect that enormously. --but social media didn't exist in those days and has a strong influence on how people perceive music, and this iteration and the situation that got us here seems far more sinister and nasty.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-04-2018, 09:05 PM
Lola Lola is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Illinois
Posts: 378
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I just reread this--that line is even more appalling. I am not even sure how to comprehend that. "We plan on calling him up in the future to bail our a$$es out of a sling." And he's thrown change into the vernacular now--I thought Lindsey wasn't touring because of scheduling conflicts--now it's a change. Are we getting closer to the truth.
After reading your response I tried to listen again. I say try cause I didn't get far. He talks and talks--I can only take so much. Here's a few more excerpts:

Something about "these 2 lovely gentlemen, their heritage, their background and this being part of the show". About the setlist: "we're all exchanging lists, emailing madly back and forth". Mike has a home in Kauai so Mick will visit.

"The band is peppered with changes, without going into the ups and downs and all the details of where we ended up we're positive about what were doing and blessed with 2 new members". Then "with LB departing" and insert the kudos comment here.

There's no way to post a link. Even when I download the interview it will only download in the siriusxm app. The phone app is available in google play store. It's free with a 30 day trial subscription. Never say never but I don't think I could subject myself to listening again. The part that was most intriguing to me was when he talked about the 'team huddle/deciding to move forward/choosing members' but I can't stomach it right now. Even listening yesterday I could barely follow it. Maybe I could handle it if i was a courtroom reporter---idk.

The whole thing pisses me off
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-04-2018, 09:07 PM
Storms123 Storms123 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
After reading your response I tried to listen again. I say try cause I didn't get far. He talks and talks--I can only take so much. Here's a few more excerpts:

Something about "these 2 lovely gentlemen, their heritage, their background and this being part of the show". About the setlist: "we're all exchanging lists, emailing madly back and forth". Mike has a home in Kauai so Mick will visit.

"The band is peppered with changes, without going into the ups and downs and all the details of where we ended up we're positive about what were doing and blessed with 2 new members". Then "with LB departing" and insert the kudos comment here.

There's no way to post a link. Even when I download the interview it will only download in the siriusxm app. The phone app is available in google play store. It's free with a 30 day trial subscription. Never say never but I don't think I could subject myself to listening again. The part that was most intriguing to me was when he talked about the 'team huddle/deciding to move forward/choosing members' but I can't stomach it right now. Even listening yesterday I could barely follow it. Maybe I could handle it if i was a courtroom reporter---idk.

The whole thing pisses me off
Don't torture yourself! LOL And the team huddle.....sans Christine I am sure?
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-06-2018, 11:02 PM
secondhandchain's Avatar
secondhandchain secondhandchain is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: LOS ANGELES, CA
Posts: 1,292
Default

Mick is such a giant turd. I have lost ALL respect for this a hole.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-08-2018, 11:13 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 5,908
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I remember I read somewhere when Mick talked about that period in the 90s after Time when he and John broke up the band, he was saying how it was such a bad time for him and then (conveniently) who was the person he decided to reach out to? Lindsey!
Except the timeline doesn’t check out. Disregarding that Lindsey made a cameo on “Time,” it was initially announced in Feb. 1996, four months after “Time” was released, that Mick was working on Lindsey’s album. I actually learned from Dave Mason’s bass player about the breakup of Fleetwood Mac on March 30, 1996 and broke it to the FM online community. And, about six weeks later, “Twisted” came out. It was a crazy whirlwind.

In any event let’s not completely lose perspective, here. Yes, Fleetwood Mac opened for CSN and did that tour with REO Speedwagon and Pat Benatar (all PRIOR to FM having an album out), but let’s not pretend that a guy who’s last big gig was opening for Tina Turner (for an album for which he made three videos and tour behind) somehow magically, selflessly rode in on his white horse to save Fleetwood Mac. They needed each other equally, and Stevie, too. The only way they could go forward was getting back together.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
Stephen Hopkins

https://www.facebook.com/Espy.Hopkins ; @espyhop)
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-09-2018, 06:30 PM
Murrow Murrow is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 197
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamIsOver View Post
Mick was a guest on the debut episode of Volume West on Sirius XM Channel 106. It's on demand on the Sirius XM app too.

The interview doesn't break any new information on what went down with Lindsey but Mick says that rehearsals start in August. He said he was recently with Stevie and Mike Campbell and after they ran through all the songs they want to play - including Stevie "threatening" to sing "Black Magic Woman" - they think the show may run close to 3 hours. He also said they are gonna try to work up a couple new songs - he referred to them as "calling cards" - to release before the tour.
I'd like there to be four - one from each including Mike, although I imagine a Nicks/Campbell co-write could well be in the offing (there've been several on her albums).
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-09-2018, 08:12 PM
dreamsunwind dreamsunwind is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Except the timeline doesn’t check out. Disregarding that Lindsey made a cameo on “Time,” it was initially announced in Feb. 1996, four months after “Time” was released, that Mick was working on Lindsey’s album. I actually learned from Dave Mason’s bass player about the breakup of Fleetwood Mac on March 30, 1996 and broke it to the FM online community. And, about six weeks later, “Twisted” came out. It was a crazy whirlwind.

In any event let’s not completely lose perspective, here. Yes, Fleetwood Mac opened for CSN and did that tour with REO Speedwagon and Pat Benatar (all PRIOR to FM having an album out), but let’s not pretend that a guy who’s last big gig was opening for Tina Turner (for an album for which he made three videos and tour behind) somehow magically, selflessly rode in on his white horse to save Fleetwood Mac. They needed each other equally, and Stevie, too. The only way they could go forward was getting back together.
I'm not sure how any of this contradicts what I was saying.
I'm well aware Lindsey needed them as much as they needed him and I never implied that he didn't.
But I'm saying that Mick said he reached out to Lindsey during that time and they had a lot of "important talks" and that's how Lindsey ended up bringing him and John out to play for his solo album which as we know eventually turned into the Dance. It was just something from an interview when he was explaining how the band got back together. If I can find the link I'll post it.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-10-2018, 11:16 AM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 9,828
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
lets not pretend that a guy whos last big gig was opening for Tina Turner (for an album for which he made three videos and tour behind) somehow magically, selflessly rode in on his white horse to save Fleetwood Mac. They needed each other equally, and Stevie, too. The only way they could go forward was getting back together.
let's not pretend that FM and SN were not a laughing stock at the time. and they would have stayed that for a while if they didn't do the reunion.

LB was not commercially successful, but that is all. if he didn't do the reunion, he would have stayed non-commercial probably, same as he is now. he had his respect intact, as a songwriter, performer and a producer, all his show and album reviews were stellar, as well as he was extremely inspired and prolific at the time - he just needed that stuff to be released, and we know he tried to release that original Gift of Screws, several times.

if they didn't do a reunion, FM would not be in a RnR HOF now. but as far as new music, we would have had way more and better from Lindsey, and possibly Lindsey/Chris combo.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-10-2018, 01:57 PM
dreamsunwind dreamsunwind is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
let's not pretend that FM and SN were not a laughing stock at the time. and they would have stayed that for a while if they didn't do the reunion.

LB was not commercially successful, but that is all. if he didn't do the reunion, he would have stayed non-commercial probably, same as he is now. he had his respect intact, as a songwriter, performer and a producer, all his show and album reviews were stellar, as well as he was extremely inspired and prolific at the time - he just needed that stuff to be released, and we know he tried to release that original Gift of Screws, several times.

if they didn't do a reunion, FM would not be in a RnR HOF now. but as far as new music, we would have had way more and better from Lindsey, and possibly Lindsey/Chris combo.
Was Stevie still considered a laughing stock at that time? I know she was ridiculed a lot around the Street Angel era but had it not passed yet?
But I actually see your point. I've always thought that as well. Lindsey wasn't commercially successful but he never really was a huge star anyways and he was still respected. Stevie on the other hand must've really felt the 'decline' so to speak. I feel for Stevie in that era. People said such cruel things about her and they had no idea of the addiction she was battling.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-10-2018, 02:59 PM
SisterNightroad's Avatar
SisterNightroad SisterNightroad is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 5,179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Was Stevie still considered a laughing stock at that time? I know she was ridiculed a lot around the Street Angel era but had it not passed yet?
But I actually see your point. I've always thought that as well. Lindsey wasn't commercially successful but he never really was a huge star anyways and he was still respected. Stevie on the other hand must've really felt the 'decline' so to speak. I feel for Stevie in that era. People said such cruel things about her and they had no idea of the addiction she was battling.
I'd say definitely not, she hadn't still totally returned to her former glory but she wasn't a laughingstock by that time; since 1996 she was sober and had slimmed down, had started generally working more making apparitions, participating in soundtracks and doing some shows here and there and the press started noticing. She was receiving all favorable articles and reviews even if they were still few in numbers.

Last edited by SisterNightroad : 06-11-2018 at 04:38 PM. Reason: grammar
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-10-2018, 03:32 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 5,908
Default

She also quit smoking and started working with a vocal coach.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
Stephen Hopkins

https://www.facebook.com/Espy.Hopkins ; @espyhop)
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-11-2018, 04:27 PM
tabruns tabruns is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
My prediction is right on. I predicted this months ago that the band would play one or 2 "new" songs but never record them just so they can "prove" to the world this is a new band and demand everyone take them seriously.
Well then Mick, record a freaking album then! Oh wait that's right, your star wont record music anymore because it does not sell. Oh wait, she meant that only when Lindsey was there.
Give me a break. They don't want to sound like a Fleetwood Mac cover band so these corny new songs no one will hear again!
Were they a "Fleetwood Mac" cover band when Buckingham and Nicks came on to replace Welch? This band has changed many times.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-11-2018, 04:29 PM
tabruns tabruns is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
let's not pretend that FM and SN were not a laughing stock at the time. and they would have stayed that for a while if they didn't do the reunion.
Only in your head, perhaps. The key to "The Dance" was the entire band coming back together - it wouldn't have worked without Nicks or without Christine either.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

FLEETWOOD MAC personally signed 45 - CHRISTINE McVIE
$271.5
FLEETWOOD MAC personally signed 45 - CHRISTINE McVIE pictureFLEETWOOD MAC personally signed Greatest hits LP cover - CHRISTINE McVIE
$120.71
FLEETWOOD MAC personally signed Greatest hits LP cover - CHRISTINE McVIE pictureChristine McVie Poster Fleetwood Mac Old /Warner Brothers
$49.0
Christine McVie Poster Fleetwood Mac Old /Warner Brothers pictureCHRISTINE MCVIE Fleetwood Mac SOLO ALBUM LP Rare SEALED 8 TRACK Tape MINT
$24.99
CHRISTINE MCVIE Fleetwood Mac SOLO ALBUM LP Rare SEALED 8 TRACK Tape MINT pictureFLEETWOOD MAC STEVIE NICKS MICK CHRISTINE MCVIE LINDSEY GRAMMY AWARD POSTER
$24.99
FLEETWOOD MAC STEVIE NICKS MICK CHRISTINE MCVIE LINDSEY GRAMMY AWARD POSTER picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved