User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-28-2017, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
The fighting on this board reminds me of high school.
Junior school...
Old 05-28-2017, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Junior school...
Agreed!
Old 05-28-2017, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
The fighting on this board reminds me of high school.
At times it does feel like Jr High school. I would not call it fighting though. But some of us fail and take the bait of some crazy statements. We all have different opinions that should be expressed. Unfortunately some of those opinions are wrong Ha ha A good board should always have a lively debate though.

This reminds me of a time around 2000 when the Nicks Fix got a chat service. I cant remember the topic but I was having a discussion with someone in the room. It slowly turned into a debate and almost argument (and it was over the dumbest thing). Then it hit me and I asked the other person for their age. They told me they were 11 years old I was wasting so much energy debating with a child and I did not know it. So sometimes that is how I feel here. You really don't know the ages or experiences of those posting.

This is a board dedicated to Fleetwood Mac. We are cherishing the best moments ever. Stevie was on a long solo tour. We have a Lindsey/Christine album coming with a small tour and even the huge world tour coming. We are all so excited and have a right to be so. However when someone chimes in to say the new songs have bombed. Would you call that a troll? Its really hard to get a hit in today's music world. You can judge the music (that is what we are here for) but when you try to smear the music, don't be surprised if there is a strong rebuttal

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-28-2017 at 03:59 PM..
Old 05-28-2017, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He should be free to post his opinion, even if the rest of us disagree.

That said, when you make a very unpopular opinion like that, you should expect the fire that's going to come back at you.
Old 05-28-2017, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh Homer. You stir the pot yourself all the time
Old 05-28-2017, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Junior school...
Yeah, I know I said Juniors, but it's good interesting fun too...
Just keep a pinch of salt handy and a sense of humour...
Old 05-28-2017, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh Homer. You stir the pot yourself all the time
Who's denying that? I was defending his right to have his own opinion!

What's YOUR point?
Old 05-28-2017, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lets get this thread back on track. Its a good thread with a realistic question. I think its fair to say Lindsey will do something that will set Stevie off (like this is anything new). I just thought it would be such a passive aggressive thing to do for Lindsey to practice one of his new songs live for the big final Mac tour. And of course it would drive Stevie nuts.
But then again maybe it will be something else.
What are your thoughts? I predicted if Lindsey did this, Stevie will put Stand Back in their set. Their cold war will never end and is completely the reason Stevie did not want to do this album with him (IMHO).
Old 05-28-2017, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Lets get this thread back on track. Its a good thread with a realistic question. I think its fair to say Lindsey will do something that will set Stevie off (like this is anything new). I just thought it would be such a passive aggressive thing to do for Lindsey to practice one of his new songs live for the big final Mac tour. And of course it would drive Stevie nuts.
What are your thoughts? I predicted if Lindsey did this, Stevie will put Stand Back in their set. Their cold war will never end and is completely the reason Stevie did not want to do this album with him (IMHO).
Stevie was very positive about Lindsey's last solo album. Unlike Mick, she didn't indicate a wish that songs had been saved for Fleetwood Mac. She said Lindsey had taken lyric pills and melody pills. So I think she will be positive here as well--especially about Christine. Anything to keep them happy doing what they are doing--without her.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 05-28-2017, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
How about this: I don't think the inclusion of Stand Back or Go Insane is that big a deal behind the scenes. I don't know why FM included SB on their Tango tour, but I suspect they wanted a hit song with high energy in the set. Same thing with Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You- they wanted a ballad and for whatever reason, Stevie didn't want to sing Landslide. I was glad she sang Landslide on the Behind the Mask tour, though.

It's not necessarily retaliation... more like negotiation
Old 05-28-2017, 06:42 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
How about this: I don't think the inclusion of Stand Back or Go Insane is that big a deal behind the scenes. I don't know why FM included SB on their Tango tour, but I suspect they wanted a hit song with high energy in the set. Same thing with Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You- they wanted a ballad and for whatever reason, Stevie didn't want to sing Landslide. I was glad she sang Landslide on the Behind the Mask tour, though.

I always thought it was odd that they skipped Landslide on that tour. I suspect it was only played on the earlier tours because she had a limited number of FM songs it was the only ballad she had under her belt (why she never bothered subbing it out for Storms or Beautiful Child I don't know). It was considered a deep cut prior to The Dance, so after playing HAEWAFY for the Rock A Little tour it was probably easier to just keep singing it under the imoression thag Landslide wouldn't be missed. It's also worth noting that since HAEWAFY was a semi-recent single the substitution probably didn't seem like a bad idea.

I know Tango is not their most well-regarded tour, but I aactually like the setlist (mix of hits, oldies, and deep cuts like Brown Eyes and Don't Let Me Down Again). The updated arrangement of Isn't It Midnight also kicks ass. What I do NOT approve of from that tour was the dropping of Gypsy, Sara and Rhiannon. Without those three songs Stevie's part of the set was weakened.

Side-rant aside, I get why they included Stand Back for the Tango tour but not as much for more recent ones. It's a big hit and a crowdpleaser, but she's got other high energy FM songs like Running Through the Garden and Everybody Finds Out I'd rather hear first.

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)
Old 05-28-2017, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

There was a huge vacuum when Lindsey left especially right before a tour. The band offered to do Stevie songs and she jumped at the chance. Stand Back was a no brainer but HAWAFY was a ballad that gave all the guys a break to run back stage midway through the show and take a break. Its not they were looking for a ballad....its the songs Stevie wanted to do.
Personal note: Christine really played amazing piano on HAWAFY. Its still the best live version I ever heard. Stevie was sober and Klonopin had not turned her lights out yet.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-28-2017 at 07:20 PM..
Old 05-28-2017, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey nutter75, when I think of a deep cut, I think of songs like Storms or Beautiful Child. You know, songs that weren't singles and only played live once or twice. FM played Landslide every tour but Tango, but of course it only became a hit after the Dance.
Old 05-28-2017, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Back was a no brainer but HAWAFY was Personal note: Christine really played amazing piano on HAWAFY. Its still the best live version I ever heard. Stevie was sober and Klonopin had not turned her lights out yet.
I enjoyed that version of HAWAFY. But my favorite version of it is for the VH1 Storytellers special in 1998. Wow. That was a revelation.

On the upcoming tour, I'd really love it if the band dropped Landslide (they won't) and added Lady (they might). That could be a great moment between Christine and Stevie on stage.

I also wish Christine would sing something from In the Meantime, and Lindsey do a tune from one of his more recent solo albums.
Old 05-28-2017, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hey nutter75, when I think of a deep cut, I think of songs like Storms or Beautiful Child. You know, songs that weren't singles and only played live once or twice. FM played Landslide every tour but Tango, but of course it only became a hit after the Dance.
Landslide was known by the classic rock audiences of the 1970's. It was a song that wasn't played often on the radio, but when it was I remember people being very excited and stopping whatever they were doing to listen closely to it. Landslide was a huge hit with audiences during the White Album, Rumours and Tusk tours.