The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-27-2017, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Listening to Sleeping Round the Corner, Feel About You, and In my World in a row on headphones gives me GREAT hope for this album.
I also like In My world a thousand times more in context of those three songs.

Last edited by secondhandchain; 04-27-2017 at 11:38 PM..
Old 04-28-2017, 01:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I also like In My world a thousand times more in context of those three songs.
Isn't that weird??!

I had the same experience. The breezy joy of those first two tracks lends gravity and depths to IMW.

All three make an incredible statement of love and longing--an ideal expressed from various vantages.

It's going to be a great album.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-28-2017, 02:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

I am somewhat disappointed with the lyrics... her lyrics on In the Meantime were so rich, and descriptive and emotive and.....this is very, very spare. And rather trite.

Were here Meantime lyrics rich and descriptive? I thought Dan's were, but not hers.

The background vocals give it a beat that reminds me of Mick's percussion on Honey Hi.

I'm not crazy about the song, but it's more intricate than it sounds at first hearing.

Michele
Old 04-28-2017, 02:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tothegypsy View Post
The greatest song yet from this album!!

Only quibble: the original title of How I Feel was a much stronger title.
Old 04-28-2017, 06:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is an extremely embarrassing effort on Christine's part. Her voice is thin and overly processed, but that doesn't even compare to the atrocious lyrics. I think it's pretty obvious why Stevie didn't participate in this recording. The irony is that she perhaps could have saved both this and In My World with some sympathetic vocal harmonising, but even Stevie has her standards...
Old 04-28-2017, 07:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
This is an extremely embarrassing effort on Christine's part. Her voice is thin and overly processed, but that doesn't even compare to the atrocious lyrics. I think it's pretty obvious why Stevie didn't participate in this recording. The irony is that she perhaps could have saved both this and In My World with some sympathetic vocal harmonising, but even Stevie has her standards...
Yeah, her standards are Street Angel and The Other Side of the Mirror... Ha, ha, ha, ha! Two masterpieces, blahhhh, ha ha ha ha

and her harmonizing on Without You on Extended Play was atrocious!!!!! and it was her own song!
Old 04-28-2017, 07:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar
Yeah, her standards are Street Angel and The Other Side of the Mirror... Ha, ha, ha, ha! Two masterpieces, blahhhh, ha ha ha ha

and her harmonizing on Without You on Extended Play was atrocious!!!!! and it was her own song!
I (mostly) agree with you - Street Angel was an abomination and the re-recording of Without You was exceptionally poor but I'm rather fond of The Other Side Of The Mirror to this day (I still think Rupert Hine is her best producer). The point I was making is that Stevie's standards can be incredibly low but she hasn't gone quite as low as "Feel About You" (or the In The Meantime album for that matter).
Old 04-28-2017, 08:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I (mostly) agree with you - Street Angel was an abomination and the re-recording of Without You was exceptionally poor but I'm rather fond of The Other Side Of The Mirror to this day (I still think Rupert Hine is her best producer). The point I was making is that Stevie's standards can be incredibly low but she hasn't gone quite as low as "Feel About You" (or the In The Meantime album for that matter).
So you think she actually heard the new songs and said "this music sucks, I'm not doing it" ? While elsewhere saying she's sure its good because its Christine McVie, as though she's hasn't even heard it.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
So you think she actually heard the new songs and said "this music sucks, I'm not doing it" ? While elsewhere saying she's sure its good because its Christine McVie, as though she's hasn't even heard it.
Either way the album that she left town to do (24KG) while Fleetwood Mac was at the Village working on their album is a masterpiece in comparison with what we have heard so far.If these are the two best songs on Buckingham/McVie then I am grateful that it did not end up being the final album for the Rumours five. Tango has it flaws but is still light years better than this.

Old 04-28-2017, 08:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well it's difficult to gauge since Stevie is so arrogant these days, she probably wouldn't bother listening to the Mac recordings. I strongly suspect she has no regard for Lindsey as a producer any more and I wouldn't be surprised if she thought Christine's songwriting abilities now stunk. It's been apparent for years that Stevie is quite disingenuous, particularly when commenting on the band and various members.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And the point I'm making is everything on Street Angel or The Other Side of the Mirror shows she has a lower standard than Feel About You. MUFF GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-28-2017, 09:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
And the point I'm making is everything on Street Angel or The Other Side of the Mirror shows she has a lower standard than Feel About You. MUFF GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rooms on Fire, Blue Denim, Greta ... I love those songs.

Do I love them more than Feel About You or In My World?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-28-2017, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Rooms on Fire, Blue Denim, Greta ... I love those songs.

Do I love them more than Feel About You or In My World?
Rooms on Fire is a great song!
Old 04-28-2017, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Agree about the song 100%.
Although not about Stevie not participating. I think she just wanted to do her own thing.
Old 04-28-2017, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

From what I have heard so far.....it's pretty average.
I am glad that this is not the final Album from Fleetwood Mac.
I'm glad for L and C that they got some music out there.
But would feel very deflated if this was the Macs swan song...
Who knows maybe after the given two years sabbatical ???