The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-09-2018, 02:36 PM
Junior Ledgie

Anyone know what happened to Richard? I miss his posts.
Old 04-09-2018, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

it would be oh so interesting to hear his thoughts on a day like today....
Old 04-09-2018, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
it would be oh so interesting to hear his thoughts on a day like today....
...thoughts on a grey day....
Old 10-13-2019, 02:10 PM

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 10-13-2019 at 02:15 PM..
Old 10-13-2019, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

who is that in the pool with Richard? Though he said he wouldn't name the person who wrote that about him in their book, I'm wondering if the picture is a hint about who it was....

The only books I could think of beside Mick's from people closer to the band was Ray Lindsey's, but that's not him in the photo plus R reports he's working on his book with Ray, so, clearly wasn't him. (Plus I read Ray's book and have no recollection of him ever saying such things about Richard)... Edited to add that I forgot about Ken's book. I can't recall if he said negative stuff about Richard. Off the top of my head I don't remember anything like that....

It'll be interesting to see if any skeletons come out of any closets in the book. People seem to be treading carefully whilst band members are still alive. It can only get more interesting as time passes....

I hope if his book comes to light that Richard signs with a quality big publisher and they put a really good editor on it. Every writer needs someone to cut through the bloat.
Old 10-13-2019, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
who is that in the pool with Richard? Though he said he wouldn't name the person who wrote that about him in their book, I'm wondering if the picture is a hint about who it was....

Pretty sure that's Richard on the right in the pool with Lindsey on the left.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 10-13-2019, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

'On the other side of things, I have heard from Mick and the rest of the band through Mick, that I am wanted at there last show of perhaps their touring lives'.

Sounds like it could very well be almost all over. What a very sad way for it to all end.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 10-13-2019, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Yeah, it looks like that's Lindsey.

Quote:
'On the other side of things, I have heard from Mick and the rest of the band through Mick, that I am wanted at there last show of perhaps their touring lives'.

Sounds like it could very well be almost all over. What a very sad way for it to all end.
Well, their last show is in Vegas, so of course he's invited. He shouldn't go IMO. I mean, if he's such good friends (or whatever) with Lindsey, and he's apparently trying to re-establish a bond with him, he should decline. He shoud have never mentioned it in the first place, but of course he's trying to catch FM's fans attention.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 10-13-2019, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Yeah, it looks like that's Lindsey.

Well, their last show is in Vegas, so of course he's invited. He shouldn't go IMO. I mean, if he's such good friends (or whatever) with Lindsey, and he's apparently trying to re-establish a bond with him, he should decline. He shoud have never mentioned it in the first place, but of course he's trying to catch FM's fans attention.

holy crap you're right that does look like LB! That wet straight hair threw me, plus look how young!!

I don't know if he's right about their last show... I think button-lip might be on the right path that it's just another tantalizing bit of catnip put out to lure fans.
Old 10-13-2019, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

The only books I could think of beside Mick's from people closer to the band was Ray Lindsey's, but that's not him in the photo plus R reports he's working on his book with Ray, so, clearly wasn't him. (Plus I read Ray's book and have no recollection of him ever saying such things about Richard)... Edited to add that I forgot about Ken's book. I can't recall if he said negative stuff about Richard. Off the top of my head I don't remember anything like that....

It'll be interesting to see if any skeletons come out of any closets in the book. People seem to be treading carefully whilst band members are still alive. It can only get more interesting as time passes....

I hope if his book comes to light that Richard signs with a quality big publisher and they put a really good editor on it. Every writer needs someone to cut through the bloat.
doesn't Ken have a new book coming out, the one about Tusk? i know some people pre-ordered it and he gave some interviews or something about it.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-13-2019, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

maybe it was in that god-awful SN bio..... I was gifted it whenever it came out and haven't been able to bring myself to slog through it other than just flipping though a few pages, there were so many errors even from that.
Old 10-13-2019, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Richard had quibbles about the way Ken categorized things in his last book. I am not surprised if there will be a little friction with the new one.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
doesn't Ken have a new book coming out, the one about Tusk? i know some people pre-ordered it and he gave some interviews or something about it.
Yes, must be Kens new forthcoming book (with Hernan Rojas):

Get Tusked: The Inside Story on Fleetwood Mac's most Anticipated Album

Amazon Synopsis:

In this behind-the-scenes look at the making of Fleetwood Mac’s epic, platinum-selling double album, Tusk, producers and engineers Ken Caillat and Hernan Rojas tell their stories of spending a year with the band in their new million-dollar studio trying to follow up Rumours, the biggest rock album of the time. Following their massive success, the band continued its infamous soap opera when its musical leader and guitarist, Lindsey Buckingham, threatened to quit if he didn’t get things his way, resulting in clashes not only with his band but especially Caillat, who had been essential to the band’s Grammy-winning sound. Hernan Rojas’s story recounts a young man who leaves Chile after General Pinochet’s coup to seek his future in the music industry of Los Angeles, where he finds success at one of the hottest studios in town. When Fleetwood Mac arrives, Rojas falls in love with its star singer, Stevie Nicks, and the two of them become romantically involved. Throughout the book, both Caillat and Rojas detail not only the trials and sacrifices they made to finish the album, but also triumphs of musical inspiration and technical innovation that have made Tusk the darling of music critics and indie rockers today.

Well, I know what I'm getting for Christmas, if I can wait that long.
PS... Get Tusked: what a stupid name.
PPS... its a bit tacky the salacious bit about Rojas and Stevie is used as a tag to hook people into buying the book.
PPPS... I already get the feeling there'll be considerable negativity towards Lindsey in this book

Mick Fleetwood
Old 10-14-2019, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, must be Kens new forthcoming book (with Hernan Rojas):

Get Tusked: The Inside Story on Fleetwood Mac's most Anticipated Album

Amazon Synopsis:

In this behind-the-scenes look at the making of Fleetwood Mac’s epic, platinum-selling double album, Tusk, producers and engineers Ken Caillat and Hernan Rojas tell their stories of spending a year with the band in their new million-dollar studio trying to follow up Rumours, the biggest rock album of the time. Following their massive success, the band continued its infamous soap opera when its musical leader and guitarist, Lindsey Buckingham, threatened to quit if he didn’t get things his way, resulting in clashes not only with his band but especially Caillat, who had been essential to the band’s Grammy-winning sound. Hernan Rojas’s story recounts a young man who leaves Chile after General Pinochet’s coup to seek his future in the music industry of Los Angeles, where he finds success at one of the hottest studios in town. When Fleetwood Mac arrives, Rojas falls in love with its star singer, Stevie Nicks, and the two of them become romantically involved. Throughout the book, both Caillat and Rojas detail not only the trials and sacrifices they made to finish the album, but also triumphs of musical inspiration and technical innovation that have made Tusk the darling of music critics and indie rockers today.

Well, I know what I'm getting for Christmas, if I can wait that long.
PS... Get Tusked: what a stupid name.
PPS... its a bit tacky the salacious bit about Rojas and Stevie is used as a tag to hook people into buying the book.
PPPS... I already get the feeling there'll be considerable negativity towards Lindsey in this book
Yep. Sure, they were both there and can recount direct interactions, but Hernan was clearly in Stevie's camp, and it would appear he still is. He gave an interview back after SYW came out and said the song Destiny Rules was about him, per Stevie. If so, he won't want to fall out of her good graces by painting a picture different to hers.....

I don't think any real honest reports of what went on can come out while the key players are still alive. And by the time they're not, neither will the people who were there... And you know Her Royal Highness will outlive them all.
Old 10-14-2019, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think any real honest reports of what went on can come out while the key players are still alive.
I wonder whether any of these cats — inside the band or out — can remember much more of what went down than what they’ve already aired the last twenty years. Drug use + old age = bad memories. In the studio, the engineers were supposed to have notated everything very carefully: track data, instrumentation, dates, and so on. But it still gets jumbled up and spit out wrong in our various reissues (“It says here there’s a clavinet on Songbird.” No, there isn’t—somebody was high.)

Somebody writes that Lindsey threw a Les Paul at Stevie in New Zealand in 1980. But Lindsey doesn’t even remember enough to respond: “I wasn’t touring with a Les Paul in 1980. Your claim is a result of your brain on acid. Or perhaps it was projection: you wish I had thrown something heavy and electronic at her.”

Even Stevie is supposed to have journaled everything in her multivolume diary. Yet she can’t even remember why she wrote Sisters of the Moon, according to the Tusk deluxe.

It’s sweet seeing all the lovely little Polaroids Richard Dashut is posting. But why are they all dated “sometime in the 1970s”? Uh, d’uh.

No, I think these cats are finished with their stories. They may continue to share stories, but they’re probably concocting or free-associating. I think this band should can the books and just release old concerts. Old recordings never forget and never lie.

moviekinks.blogspot.com