User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-08-2016, 12:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
oh wow, what a cool encounter - thanks for finding and sharing that! would you share that IG post in LB forum too?

i really dislike the idea that it would be a solo Lindsey album featuring Christine, or Christine solo album featuring Lindsey. Mick kept saying something like that during both 2013 and then 2014-15 yours - that if Stevie doesn't want to join them Fleetwood Mac might get their new music out disguised as a Lindsey solo album.

if it's just Lindsey and Christine, they should at least make it a duet album. Buck Mac!

but... anything is better than never hearing this new music!! so hey, even if it's all disguised as a Lindsey solo tour with special guest Christine on every song - bring it on!

EDIT: i started a thread embedding the pic of LB and the reporter that came with the text Karissa shared. thanks so much again Karissa!!
It's not a solo album. That's just how she phrased it. Geez people. Think.
Old 12-08-2016, 01:30 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
It's not a solo album. That's just how she phrased it. Geez people. Think.
I don't think the rudeness is necessary here. Obviously, this is secondhand information, so we don't know anything one way or another-- she could be misremembering/misquoting/misunderstanding, of course, but I don't think people here discussing the possibility of it being a solo album is totally out of bounds. There aren't any hard-and-fast conclusions being drawn from this post-- just thought it was an interesting tidbit to add to the speculation here.
Old 12-08-2016, 01:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karissa View Post
I don't think the rudeness is necessary here. Obviously, this is secondhand information, so we don't know anything one way or another-- she could be misremembering/misquoting/misunderstanding, of course, but I don't think people here discussing the possibility of it being a solo album is totally out of bounds. There aren't any hard-and-fast conclusions being drawn from this post-- just thought it was an interesting tidbit to add to the speculation here.
It looks like someone in the comments on her post was wondering the same exact thing so they asked her and she said it's a duet with Christine.
Old 12-08-2016, 01:52 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
It looks like someone in the comments on her post was wondering the same exact thing so they asked her and she said it's a duet with Christine.
dinaalkachak: Did he say a solo album or a Fleetwood Mac album? Awesome story!
michellenbcla: @dinaalkachak a duet with Christine McVie!!! Thank you!

Good catch! I copied the comment & response here for anyone interested. Like I said, it's clearly not definitive info, but it's quite interesting, IMO.
Old 12-08-2016, 03:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
dinaalkachak: Did he say a solo album or a Fleetwood Mac album? Awesome story!
michellenbcla: @dinaalkachak a duet with Christine McVie!!! Thank you!

Good catch! I copied the comment & response here for anyone interested. Like I said, it's clearly not definitive info, but it's quite interesting, IMO.
Interesting that it's a duet album and not mentioned as Fleetwood Mac. You'd think he'd say he was working on the new FM album if they were planning that. I agree that it's probably a path of least resistance approach. That might even allow it to be released a lot soon than if it has the FM label attached, but it's a bit sad if they feel like they can't use the moniker. They would be completely legitimate to do so.

Regardless, as long as it comes out and has the 4 of them, I'll be excited to hear it.
Old 12-08-2016, 04:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think your being overly sensitive.
Old 12-08-2016, 08:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder if to avoid band politics, if they are stripping out John and Mick's work and using other drummers/bass players. I hope not.
Old 12-08-2016, 08:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I wonder if to avoid band politics, if they are stripping out John and Mick's work and using other drummers/bass players. I hope not.

I don't think they would do that either. I think the issue is if Stevie Nicks is still a member of the band and these songs are released without any of her involvement it won't be released under the Fleetwood Mac name.
Old 12-08-2016, 08:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Could it be they aren't calling it fleetwood mac because johns not on most of the songs? I could be wrong but I thought only Chris Lindsey and mick were in the studio last.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 12-08-2016, 08:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If Mick and John are included, it will be interesting to see how they bill and promote "Mac Lite" without actually saying that or implying that.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:05 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I think your being overly sensitive.
there's a lot of that going around
Old 12-08-2016, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
If Mick and John are included, it will be interesting to see how they bill and promote "Mac Lite" without actually saying that or implying that.
If it looks like a penguin and walks like a penguin . . .

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-08-2016, 11:23 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Could it be they aren't calling it fleetwood mac because johns not on most of the songs? I could be wrong but I thought only Chris Lindsey and mick were in the studio last.
I wondered this, too. Have we heard anything about John being in the studio with any of the other three? I can't remember for sure, but it doesn't seem like his name has been brought up.
Old 12-08-2016, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

if/when they put it out, it'll be interesting to watch the PR tap dance they'll have to do.... if all 4 of them are on the album, will they do publicity photos with the 4 of them? Then it looks like FM minus Stevie. Then reporters inevitably will ask in screaming headlines, Has Stevie Nicks Been Kicked Out of Fleetwood Mac?? And then they'll have the dueling quotes from the band and Stevie. It's a bit of a tightrope innit? I think even if there are just pics of Lindsey and Christine it'll create some churn because they're 2 of the 3 songwriters in the band.

Reporter: "So why did you feel the need to go off and record this without Stevie?"
Then they have to do the diplomatic dance: "Well, we had always wanted to record with Stevie but she had a solo album she wanted to promote, she had set that aside when Christine came back, and we support her in doing that but we had started working on new songs together and thought they deserved to be heard" blah blah blah.

The really interesting bit will be when the press inevitably goes to Stevie and asks for a quote from her about the album. That's when it could get fun. What will she say? "I wanted to do my solo work, you know I've had to put aside my solo work so many times for Fleetwood Mac and I'm 68 years old and really believed in my album and wanted to promote it while I could." And then this could be where she changes her tune and makes a more dramatic version of events and says "I'm sad they didn't want to wait for me" .....and if so I hope someone reminds her that she said she didn't really think she wanted to record with them any more.

Oh, the drama, people, the drama that is to come.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 12-08-2016 at 12:41 PM..
Old 12-08-2016, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It looks like this Hahaha.If Rudolph is not happy with his employer "Santa Claus" and held him up on going out Christmas eve. He will be in trouble with no guiding light of Rudolph's red nose.I see that here.Santa is afraid to say."YOUR FIRED" and cancel Christmas delivery.Maybe Mick has that feeling too.

BTW.Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to all.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016