User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-07-2018, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24karatstevie View Post
I can't access it either, and I was reading it last night and this morning... Also a Mike Campbell Facebook page is talking all about it. According to a poster there, Mike is the new lead guitarist and Lindsey was fired. At first this all seemed very fishy to me, but I'm beginning to think that too many different people have this info for it to not be true.
It was at 11 pages about an hour or so ago.

It's a complete and utter joke that this is supposedly due to "Lindsey-Nicks issues." They've been at each other's throats for literal decades and now she/they want to kick him out? Give me a %&&#ing break. Congrats on being a cover act now, I guess.

"Or maybe she's a witch, who transcends the boundaries of time and space, and traveled back to 1981, for her own reference."
Old 04-07-2018, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Mike Campbell FB page has a very adamant poster claiming Stevie was doing tour prep and finally told FM it was either her or Lindsey; the band asked promoters who they would back- a FM without SN or a FM without LB and 20 -1, the feedback was they wanted a FM tour with Stevie. I have no idea if any of that is true, but it's interesting reading people's comments over there. The guy swears it's true, and combining that with Billy Burnette's tweets does make me believe it.

If any of this is true, the ramifications are pretty far-reaching. I mean, even if Campbell joins the tour, he doesn't sing. Plus, how could there ever be another collaboration between Lindsey and Christine?
Old 04-07-2018, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't understand why FleetwoodMac is doing this if all this talk is true. Unless the band already had the tour pretty much booked and signed, maybe contracts were signed and too much money was going to be lost if they canceled.
I think I remember when Christine came back Mick said the band will only exist at this point with the five of them, that there would never be another line-up.
At this point why don't they just pack it in and keep their legacy intact.
Old 04-07-2018, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't believe any of these adamant posters have the slightest clue what is going on.

If its just Nicks and McVie that will be singing then it ain't Fleetwood Mac, its Nicks-McVie. My worry is they'll be bringing Mike Campbell in for lead guitar and then maybe even somebody else for vocals....Chris friggin Isaak????

On another note, I'm miffed there's more conjecture about this on a general music discussion board than there is on The Ledge.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-07-2018, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post

If any of this is true, the ramifications are pretty far-reaching. I mean, even if Campbell joins the tour, he doesn't sing. Plus, how could there ever be another collaboration between Lindsey and Christine?

If it is true then I'd be really pissed off with Christine. Unless Lindsey actually did something ultra-bad then Christine should say FU Stevie, FU Mick and go and work on songs for BuckVie 2.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-07-2018, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I still can’t belive this until I see some better (or any) sources. I was just catching up on the thread on Mike Campbell’s FB Page. The poster saying this doesn’t cite any source of his knowledge other than he’s spent time backstage at Heartbreakers shows.

If there’s even any truth to any of what’s being said - they should just pack it in. Once again, for the last 35 years, this bands interpersonal drama continues to be far more intriguing than anything musically!
Old 04-07-2018, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I don't believe any of these adamant posters have the slightest clue what is going on.

If its just Nicks and McVie that will be singing then it ain't Fleetwood Mac, its Nicks-McVie. My worry is they'll be bringing Mike Campbell in for lead guitar and then maybe even somebody else for vocals....Chris friggin Isaak????

On another note, I'm miffed there's more conjecture about this on a general music discussion board than there is on The Ledge.
The chap sharing the latest news is TPs photographer & band friend, and as in other rumours, he said another vocalist / guitarist is to be named.

My guess was Harry Styles, since he's Mick & Stevie's mate and would put bums in seats (I write that half-kidding & with no idea about Harry's career or who the band would consider). I can't handle Chris, John, and Mick as a support band to Stevie and someone attempting LBs songs...

The whole situation is a mess but it's difficult for me to imagine it's not the truth, as all reports have a general pattern of details. Sadly.
Old 04-07-2018, 03:32 PM
nodmod
This message has been deleted by nodmod.
Old 04-07-2018, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Speaking for myself, there's not much more to say at this point when we don't even know it's true....

....except that I find the idea of mounting a "farewell tour" with a brand-new member after throwing out the man who has contributed so very much to that band over the years absolutely disgraceful. If it is indeed true that Stevie forced Mick's hand, then my respect level for her would plummet to such depths that I think I would go from "Stevie fan" to "fan of Stevie Nicks' music." And that's saying a lot for me.

But maybe it's not true.

Last edited by sodascouts; 04-07-2018 at 04:04 PM..
Old 04-07-2018, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

WTF
Its creepy with these rumors. Not long ago Lindsey was the most optimistic about Fleetwood Mac saying the big tour was not the last (while other members talked it could be the swan song). What irks me is the disrespect Billy Burnette is showing. You don't leak information like this on twitter then stay silent. You let the band announce something first. Its almost like a relative announcing a divorce of their best friend or sibling to the world before the couple speaks. Its just very juvenile and bad taste IMHO.
I guess maybe Stevie got her way after all if this is true. I was reading that most Heartbreakers fans think its a mistake because they don't like Fleetwood Mac. If this is true why would you not bring back Billy? Maybe Billy is pissed and that is why he is acting so childish. If true, I feel bad for Christine. She came back to this silly drama.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-07-2018 at 04:10 PM..
Old 04-07-2018, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
WTF
Its creepy with these rumors. Not long ago Lindsey was the most optimistic about Fleetwood Mac saying the big tour was not the last (while other members talked it could be the swan song). What irks me is the disrespect Billy Burnette is showing. You don't leak information like this on twitter then stay silent. You let the band announce something first. Its almost like a relative announcing a divorce of their best friend or sibling to the world before the couple speaks. Its just very juvenile and bad taste IMHO.
I guess maybe Stevie got her way after all if this is true. I was reading that most Heartbreakers fans think its a mistake because they don't like Fleetwood Mac. If this is true why would you not bring back Billy? Maybe Billy is pissed and that is why he is acting so childish. If true, I feel bad for Christine. She came back to this silly drama.
I think he was treated a bit sh!tty by the band- Mick in particular. I'm not sure he has any loyalty to them. Anyway, if Mick is going to freely blab to Billy then its his fault when word gets out and, yes, he probably does feel annoyed not to be a go-to person for an extra member.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-07-2018, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Rick Vito makes more sense as a go-to given Micks Bkues Band

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-07-2018, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
WTF
Disrespect? Billy really owes the band nothing. And if Mick really didn't want word to spread, he shouldn't have told Billy. Billy has a right to share the news- it's not his secret. People want to be angry, be angry with the band, not Billy Burnette or Mike Campbell.

And why feel bad for Christine? She has a voice in who gets fired, etc. If she doesn't like it, she can pack up and make another album and tour with Lindsey. One person doesn't make this kind of decision for the entire band, and if they did and Christine disagrees with it, she has options.

All speculation anyway. But I think any anger or frustration directed at Billy is misplaced and should be projected where it belongs- the 5 members of the band.
Old 04-07-2018, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If there is anything more to this than just a rumour, why isn't there anything about it on Rollingstone.com? On Yahoo news? On the New York Times, for chrissake?

I don't believe for a second that there is any validity to any of this. Some of the posters on this thread have intimated that they have real info from folks that have a connection to the band, but no one has said what folks, what connection, and what info. "It's just second hand news, just second hand news."

On the other hand, if something like this were to happen, I'd hope that Christine would leave with him so they can do BuckVie2, which is what many fans want anyway, much more than another Big Machine tour.
Old 04-07-2018, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don’t believe any of this crap.
It’s rumour on rumour......
Added to by us/you/me.
It’s like it’s fun to imagine Fleetwood Mac without Lindsey.
There is no hard fact.
The only thing that concerns me, slightly, where’s the news of the the world tour..
Old 04-07-2018, 07:02 PM
Senior Ledgie

I am having trouble pullling up on my phone some of the fb pages/groups w posts suggesting Mike will replace Lindsey. Any screenshots of such posts are appreciated!