The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-16-2007, 12:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Helen Mirren and Meryl Streep shouldn't really be allowed at these things. They will always give the best performance. They should be like those kids who get such high marks that the teacher leaves their scores off when setting the grading curve. Like, "automatic A - award"

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 01-16-2007, 12:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

I love Alec Baldwin. He's my best friend who's a boy, cause he's funny. Don't want to date him, though. We can just kick it. That was funny about his daughter.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 01-16-2007, 12:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm confused. Do y'all watch Ugly Betty? I've seen a bit of it, and it wasn't funny. If I watch a whole episode, will it be funny? Am I missing out? I do have to say, it was very touching how proud and excited Selma Hayak and America Ferrara were cause it won.

Edit: I love watching these shows by myself. C'mon, west coasties! what are you doing?! Something productive? Stop!

I swear my dad is exactly like Clint Eastwood...

Last edited by amber; 01-16-2007 at 12:39 AM..
Old 01-16-2007, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Some episodes of Ugly Betty are better than others. Any episode where ya see a lot of Betty's nephew, Justin, is gonna be hilarious. He's like Jack, Jr. from Will & Grace - and steals every scene he's in.

I was happy America Ferrara won!
Old 01-16-2007, 12:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Some episodes of Ugly Betty are better than others. Any episode where ya see a lot of Betty's nephew, Justin, is gonna be hilarious. He's like Jack, Jr. from Will & Grace - and steals every scene he's in.

I was happy America Ferrara won!
Oh, okay. I think it is on at the same time as something I actually like all the way through. No, wait, I think I have class.

I didn't see her win the Golden Globe. Not really a fan of hers, yet.

Old 01-16-2007, 12:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

*gasp!* I love Drew Barrymore's dress! She's so cute, but doesn't usually have my favorite dress. Oh, my, I want it in black...
Also I now nominate Prince as worst dressed.

Wow, JLoveHew has a great dress, too. I love brown sparkle. Oh, and America F. should not have won against these contenders. *mad face*. Plz. She is cute, crying and all, though. That's why it is fun when new people win, they get all verklempt. Oh, shoot, Salma is crying cause America won, too! Okay, very cute. Now I'm kinda glad she won. I'm a little teared up, myself.

Last edited by amber; 01-16-2007 at 12:51 AM..
Old 01-16-2007, 12:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Aw, **** Amber, I forgot about the tape delay - sorry! Didn't mean to spoil it for you, but if you read the whole thread, then you already knew.

Drew and Hugh should date- they have a nice rapport w/ each other. She looked gorgeous!
Old 01-16-2007, 01:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Aw, **** Amber, I forgot about the tape delay - sorry! Didn't mean to spoil it for you, but if you read the whole thread, then you already knew.

Drew and Hugh should date- they have a nice rapport w/ each other. She looked gorgeous!
It's okay. I didn't see the part where America won in the thread, but doesn't matter. I'm not one of those people who is like "don't tell me, don't tell me!" In fact, it gives me a leg up with movie plots, b/c for some reason I rarely know what is going on as much as I should when i watch a movie. I get distracted by the acting and forget to follow the plot. So, spoilers are my friend, for the most part.

Drew and Hugh? Is that who she presented with? I've already...oh, HUGH GRANT! yes, they do have a good rapport. They're both so charming, though, they could rapport with almost anyone. Seriously, I've heard they are both incredibly nice, especially Drew.

Old 01-16-2007, 01:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Borat guy is funny and cool. "Thank you to every American who has not sued me so far..."

Old 01-16-2007, 01:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Streep won 4 Devil wears prada!
"thats all"
Old 01-16-2007, 01:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
Streep won 4 Devil wears prada!
"thats all"
that's it?!!?! Finally a West Coastie weighs in, and that is all you can say?!?!?!

JK. Like I says above, Meryl and Mirren should have automatic pass, and give normal mortals chances to win awards.

Present note: I love JLo's dress. Black, one shoulder. Yep, that's my dress.

Old 01-16-2007, 01:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

oooo, black lady from Grey's anatomy - her dress - gold, sparkly....so gorgeous!

aaaand Helen Mirren wins best actress. Suprise, suprise. I'm telling y'all (as I watch by my fricking self, mad face) those two should not be allowed in awards shows. They should be given lifetime awards in perpetuity, for excellence forever in all acting realms, and then we can move on. It will also help in another way - like say someone wins over Meryl or Helen - everyone is usually thinking "oh, nuh uh, everyone knows Helen/Meryl's performace was really the best!". If those two were taken out, the person who won wouldn't have to have won over Helen or Meryl and still try to pretend they are the best. See?

Last edited by amber; 01-16-2007 at 01:50 AM..
Old 01-16-2007, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: bouncing off the wall at you. being defined by the applause.

It was ALL about Hudson & Streep!!!!!
Old 01-16-2007, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Terri Hatcher's dress was my favourite. I thought white was just stunning on the red carpet. Can't stand Eva, but loved the dress. J. Lo also looked gorgeous

Old 01-16-2007, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

J-Lo's dress was my favourite.

And Warren Beatty's speech was entirely too long, not to mention rambly. Yikes.