Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-15-2007, 12:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Tmi

I love that we all share stuff here on The Ledge, but what's your limit? Nothing really offends me, but sometimes I read something & say "Whoa! Too Much Information!" I really don't need to know everything about everyone, know what I mean? Of course, one person's limits will be completely different than others'. I don't care if we talk about menstrual periods, but Homer or Curtis might. Some people probably hate the "what are you eating" thread because they don't give a sh*t what we're eating. Maybe you hate the picture thread because you're tired of looking at all of us. I know, if you don't like it, then don't read it. But. Where do you draw the line?

I don't need to know anyone's last name here. There's no need for it, unless I'm sending you a bootleg CD or something in the mail. Same thing with specific address. I worry that when people share too much personal info over the net, they can be victimized.

I don't need to know what medications you take. Of course, I say this after I started the "vitamin/supplements" thread. Sharing health tips is one thing, but I dont need to know about your antipsychotics or laxatives, thanks. Same with illnesses - one mention or question is enough, maybe someone can help and/or sympathise with you. But repeated mention of disease, esp. a gynecological issue or STD, is a bit much. On second thought, it could be interesting. Maybe I'll start a "What STD's Have You Had" thread!

Sex. We all joke around, we all flirt. But I really, truly don't want to know if you just had sex 5 minutes ago on your keyboard & now you can't find the Enter key, or if you were just giving a blow job & gagged. Posting naughty hints about what you've done, or would/wouldn't do is one thing - posting specifics about you & your partner(s) is another. I don't know how to explain it really. Like, I loved the "Perv" thread - it was gross & hilarious & educational, quite frankly. But sometimes you read something that's too recent, too personal. I dunno. Anyway....
Old 01-15-2007, 12:16 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
I love that we all share stuff here on The Ledge, but what's your limit? Nothing really offends me, but sometimes I read something & say "Whoa! Too Much Information!" I really don't need to know everything about everyone, know what I mean? Of course, one person's limits will be completely different than others'. I don't care if we talk about menstrual periods, but Homer or Curtis might. Some people probably hate the "what are you eating" thread because they don't give a sh*t what we're eating. Maybe you hate the picture thread because you're tired of looking at all of us. I know, if you don't like it, then don't read it. But. Where do you draw the line?

I don't need to know anyone's last name here. There's no need for it, unless I'm sending you a bootleg CD or something in the mail. Same thing with specific address. I worry that when people share too much personal info over the net, they can be victimized.

I don't need to know what medications you take. Of course, I say this after I started the "vitamin/supplements" thread. Sharing health tips is one thing, but I dont need to know about your antipsychotics or laxatives, thanks. Same with illnesses - one mention or question is enough, maybe someone can help and/or sympathise with you. But repeated mention of disease, esp. a gynecological issue or STD, is a bit much. On second thought, it could be interesting. Maybe I'll start a "What STD's Have You Had" thread!

Sex. We all joke around, we all flirt. But I really, truly don't want to know if you just had sex 5 minutes ago on your keyboard & now you can't find the Enter key, or if you were just giving a blow job & gagged. Posting naughty hints about what you've done, or would/wouldn't do is one thing - posting specifics about you & your partner(s) is another. I don't know how to explain it really. Like, I loved the "Perv" thread - it was gross & hilarious & educational, quite frankly. But sometimes you read something that's too recent, too personal. I dunno. Anyway....
Well half the Ledge has seen my dick. So that's one for the record books. Other than that, I try not to divulge TOO much personal info. Strange I dont mind showing the crown jewels but telling you about my childhood wouldnt suit me! haha
Old 01-15-2007, 12:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Well half the Ledge has seen my dick. So that's one for the record books. Other than that, I try not to divulge TOO much personal info. Strange I dont mind showing the crown jewels but telling you about my childhood wouldnt suit me! haha
Yeah, half the Ledge - I wasn't in the privileged half
Old 01-15-2007, 12:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Meh. If I find someone is all TMI, I tend to skip over their posts. Doesn't bother me much so that doesn't happen often. Plus, I love the perv thread.

I used to be Snow White but I drifted - Mae West.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
huh? where have i been?! haha!
Old 01-15-2007, 12:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

god, paula, if you didn't want to hear about my ****ing genital warts, you could have just said so.

yeah, my limits are similar to yours. it's one thing if you start talking to someone outside of a forum atmosphere and you slowly learn things about each other - but it's another thing completely to foist your personal info upon others. it puts people in a weird situation.

oh, but i loved the perv thread.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:26 AM
Banned

I draw the line at gross bodily functions. I'm not disgusted by much, but taking the time to type it out and post it here...that ain't right.

Other then that I'm pretty much open to reading about anything on here. I agree that a certain degree of anonymity should be kept (no last names, etc) because you never know who is reading what you say. Hell, even I'd be tempted to steal some credit card numbers and book a suite at Bellagio for a certain week in March. (Kidding of course ) Imagine what the REAL criminals would do with your personal info!
Old 01-15-2007, 12:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Umm, what? And where can I find a picture?

Old 01-15-2007, 12:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

To answer the question - nothing really grosses me out. Im pretty thick skinned...

Last edited by foxyluva; 01-15-2007 at 12:34 AM..
Old 01-15-2007, 12:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Since it seems everyone shares your sentiments, shall I sticky this thing or not?
Old 01-15-2007, 12:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^ I dunno, Mr. Mod, what do you think?

And you guys aren't the only ones who haven't seen Demon's penis.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:57 AM
takenbythesky
This message has been deleted by takenbythesky.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

How on earth could something like TMI be monitored of controlled? God, where would one begin with that. That's taking things a little far, imho.

Old 01-15-2007, 01:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
How on earth could something like TMI be monitored of controlled? God, where would one begin with that. That's taking things a little far, imho.
Wait. No. I don't mean to say I think it should be monitored or censored - if you're not breaking the rules, post what you want. I just wanted people's opinions about what's too much for them personally.

BTW - I'm drunk right now, my husband's grandmother's dying from cancer, I'll be getting my period in about 10 days, and they say a big storm's coming our way. Just so everyone knows.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Wait. No. I don't mean to say I think it should be monitored or censored - if you're not breaking the rules, post what you want. I just wanted people's opinions about what's too much for them personally.

BTW - I'm drunk right now, my husband's grandmother's dying from cancer, I'll be getting my period in about 10 days, and they say a big storm's coming our way. Just so everyone knows.
No worries. I just thought the convo was heading in that direction. Sorry if I misunderstood.

Oh and btw, that last bit - not too much info at all. I hope you're drinking something really nice.

Old 01-15-2007, 01:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't really have limits. I mean, there are times when people post things that I don't really want to know, but when I come across them I just sort of mumble "Whatever, dude, I really don't care" to myself and move on to the next post. I don't really see a need for people to censor themselves as long as no rules are broken.