The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-01-2014, 12:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree - the ticket prices are ridiculous.
$225 for one seat in an arena is silly.
I know what goes into a show and all the insurance and everyone involved -- all on a payroll.
But these ticket prices are extreme.
I still think Bruce Springsteen is the only big touring act on the road these days who puts the fans first. I've never paid over $100 face value for front row tickets for Springsteen.

I have a feeling there is a contingency plan to replace John, should he be too tired or ill to finish the tour.
I'm hoping that playing his music is exactly what he and his doctors think is his best medicine.
But I'm one of those people who believes there is no Fleetwood Mac without John McVie. Nobody plays bass like him.

Last edited by dontlookdown; 04-01-2014 at 12:57 AM..
Old 04-01-2014, 07:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
I agree - the ticket prices are ridiculous.
$225 for one seat in an arena is silly.
I know what goes into a show and all the insurance and everyone involved -- all on a payroll.
But these ticket prices are extreme.
I still think Bruce Springsteen is the only big touring act on the road these days who puts the fans first. I've never paid over $100 face value for front row tickets for Springsteen.
Last year I paid only 76 euros at TM to see FM in Amsterdam (general admission so no fuss about front-rows and stuff...just had to be early to get upfront) and 85 for a side-seat in Antwerp.

So that is about 98 US Dollars...

Never understood what chairs are for at a rock-concert though ....
Old 04-01-2014, 08:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Which they get back if the show is canceled. Yeah, shows get canceled. That's not the intent of this thread. And don't try to act like it is.
Seriously, calm down. Everything will be fine. I didn't start this thread, dude.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:19 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Wow. People seem pissed here...

I'm pissed that it will cost me a F*CKING RIDICULOUS $750 for a good seat to see that band that I've lived my life around, since 8th grade. Which I won't pay.

Mirage was f*cking $16, for 5th row center. I have the stub to prove it!
i hear you ... and i will not willingly bend over for the farewell tour in a year or two i don't need to hear Rhiannon that badly

Last edited by olive; 04-01-2014 at 09:21 AM..
Old 04-01-2014, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I am going to see several shows but I don't have to pay for tickets. If I did, I would not pay $750 but it's fine if others do. I think these shows will be great and there are plenty of seats in the arena for all.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=HomerMcvie;1124352

Mirage was f*cking $16, for 5th row center. I have the stub to prove it![/QUOTE]

Business model has changed radically. Tours used to support album sales. Now the tour is what they actually selling

$750 is not fine for me. But I payed anyway cause I'm loosing my mind
Old 04-01-2014, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Wow. People seem pissed here...

I'm pissed that it will cost me a F*CKING RIDICULOUS $750 for a good seat to see that band that I've lived my life around, since 8th grade. Which I won't pay.

Mirage was f*cking $16, for 5th row center. I have the stub to prove it!
For that money, you can buy a ticket to the Netherlands next year, visit Amsterdam, and pay about 85 dollars for a perfect general admission place on the Floor. AND meet ME for free. Hey, I'll buy you a beer or two, too.

Old 04-01-2014, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
For that money, you can buy a ticket to the Netherlands next year, visit Amsterdam, and pay about 85 dollars for a perfect general admission place on the Floor. AND meet ME for free. Hey, I'll buy you a beer or two, too.
Where do I sign???!!!
Old 04-01-2014, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow.OMG.

I have to say they are human like us.They are getting older like us .We all take risks every day.

I hope and pray that John will be OK to tour.Mac is no Mac without the Mac.

Like said earlier on other posts the tix will get refunded if somebody gets ill or other reasons .It happened many times already with Stevie and FM shows.

I had no problem with Stubhub refunding me for the canceled Stevie's NYC Webster show.And Comcast Tix for her canceled Atlantic City show the same week.The same goes for Ticketmaster.They will all send the tix charges back on your credit card company.

Since I dont travel 3000 miles or other countries to see shows and stay in my 300 to 500 or so miles radius.I would just write it off if I already traveled to the show like it happen a couple of times.I just make the best out of the trip since I'm a big fan of sightseeing. I will just eat the gas and toll charges and other travel charges and just make the best of it.I probably be more upset worrying about whoever being sick in the band then the waste of my time and gas and my nights say there in the venue area.

I do feel for you guys that have travel all those miles and there was no show.

They cant help if a band member gets Ill at the last minute if a day or two before showtime the promoters should give out a news release in ample time for us travelers to not go.

At this point I'm just worried about my health will be by the time of the tour starts.I have not missed a FM tour since the Dance tour.

Ticket prices is another complete topic.So far they are not bad as I thought they would be.I was predicting around US$250 bucks.

I think US$125.00 to 200.00 is the average for tix these days.I do remember the $15 tix prices along with the $10 tee shirts with a $5 tourbook plus a buck soda and gas was 75 cents a gallon.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016

Last edited by Macfanforever; 04-01-2014 at 02:42 PM..
Old 04-01-2014, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Photo included???
Would love to visit Amsterdam, Marken, Volendam!!
3 beers please
Old 05-10-2014, 12:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default This Tour

I hope S & L get along this tour as well as they did last tour because I didn't have the opportunity to see them last time.All of the highlights I saw were either on You Tube or heard about here(thanks everyone). Whether their interactions were real or fake is neither here nor there but it must have been entertaining either way.I just hope that magic is still there.I'd really be pissed if I paid those outrageous prices for tickets and S & L come out all ****faced.Just a fleeting thought....
Old 05-10-2014, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There are going to be fewer songs for them to interact on, but I am sure they will still have their moments. If Sara is not in the setlist, then they will make contact on another song. Just no 9 minute song intros.

Personally, I hope for Angel. But I've been doing that for many years, decades now.

Michele
Old 05-10-2014, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Personally, I hope for Angel. But I've been doing that for many years, decades now.
I would be willing to bet they might just dust off Angel this tour. They've performed most of the other lesser known Mac songs the past 10 years.

Personally, I'd way rather hear Straight Back. But with Chris back in the picture, I'm not sure that's going to happen. Real estate is limited!
Old 05-10-2014, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I would be willing to bet they might just dust off Angel this tour. They've performed most of the other lesser known Mac songs the past 10 years.

Personally, I'd way rather hear Straight Back. But with Chris back in the picture, I'm not sure that's going to happen. Real estate is limited!
I would love for them to do That's Alright.
Old 05-10-2014, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
They could do something with Straight Back where Chris came out from behind the piano when they shared a vocal and make it seem more like a duet, which is a dynamic Chris and Stevie have never created on stage before. The fans would like that. But I don't think FM would actually do it.

Michele