The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Do You Want To See The Eagles Tour With Fleetwood Mac?
Yes 41 28.47%
No 103 71.53%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-02-2010, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamMcConville View Post
Stevie...what a bitch.
Why would you say this? I can not believe this at all!
Old 01-02-2010, 10:57 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunted_Song View Post
"Stevie does not want it to happen". According to him, the rest of the band would be fine with it. Just thought I'd share this comment from someone that just spent a lot of time with the band.
Sounds like a cool convo. Good for Stevie not wanting this whole thing to go through. I'm sure she has her personal reasons for not wanting it. For me it just seems like such an obvious cash grab. Also, I find it a little strange that Lindsey is cool with it...unless he's totally two-faced lol. Just that while promoting and touring with his solo stuff he's always saying how much he prefers his more artistic outputs, yada yada...and a joint tour with the eagles at this point in both bands careers is anything but 'artistic'. Mick and John I think just want to play which I'm totally OK with...though I'm sure the money is big for them too. Just seems odd that Lindsey wouldn't mind being put into this situation...and btw I'm not trying to rag on Linds cause I'm a huge fan of his...

Old 01-02-2010, 11:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamMcConville View Post
Stevie...what a bitch.

... . . .. .
Old 01-03-2010, 04:05 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=Haunted_Song;863339]I went to see Chris Isaak last night and started up a conversation with one of the guys in his crew. The guy I was talking to just got off the Unleashed tour and he talked about some of his experiences on the road with Fleetwood Mac. From the stories he told and the information he had, he seemed legit. I asked about the possible double bill with The Eagles and he said that it won't happen because "Stevie does not want it to happen".

Hmm. I honestly don't believe in astrology at all. That being said, I shall now contradict myself. It's fun, sometimes.
This idea was presented to Stevie at the worst possible time. I was born under the sign of Gemini. Back to the beginning, before my salvation, I might have said... 'Don't ever f***ng ask a Gemini in the throes of exhaustion to f***ing do anything, the answer will always be no!' Just because of a need to be left the f*** alone for a couple of days to recharge and regain your own equilibrium, to not think about work, having to leave home again, business, men, 4 men all at the same time come summer, or anything.
A tired Gemini like Stevie at the end of the Unleashed Tour must have been trying to gain the emotional energy and physical strength to just get the f*** home. To be left alone to sleep in her own bed. The Unleashed Tour still had about a week to go (or had just ended) when this topic came up. She was all Landslided out, all Rhiannoned out
Who isn't?
She wanted her home, her shower, to toss some Yorkie treats on the floor, see her Mother and have a nice Christmas. She wanted not have to think about boots.
I think if the rest of the band wants the Eagles spot, and they give Stevie even a few days (well, make it about 6 days) to decompress and figure out whether she wants new extensions, frizzy f*cky or silky straight, roots done in Shade 9A or 8B, parted down the middle or the side, to bangs or not to bangs, that she will realize that, oh yes, she wants it. She loves the prestige of the huge touring dollars she has earned ever since The Dance reunion of '97. It's the priority of her career, in my opinion. It's also uniquely hers. Few, if any, women rock singers have had the kind of touring revenue Stevie has enjoyed for so many years, almost annually, since '97. She still gets her price. Think of her contemporaries: Ann and Nancy Wilson, Pat Benatar, Deb Harry, or even Melissa Etheridge, Annie Lennox, on and on...none of them command $200,000 a night just to show up and do as little or as much as she pleases.
Give the old girl a break! She probably just wanted to finish what she was doing, knowing there's more on the horizon, but not needing to hear about it until she'd processed internally the work that she was just then completing.
I personally feel LB will be the one to say 'No' if it indeed doesn't happen with The Eagles this summer. We'll see.
Who cares

Last edited by Nikolaj; 01-03-2010 at 09:44 AM..
Old 01-03-2010, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I will go because
1 I like both
2 there are not too many more shopping days till christmas for either band, they are getting older and won't be touring much more

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Old 01-04-2010, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

3 You have plenty of disposable income and don't mind the bands you like selling out in this way
Old 01-05-2010, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenleyFan View Post
But Glenn IS the boss of the Eagles. Glenn has the final say on all band touring, recording and other plans. If Glenn doesn't want to do something, it doesn't happen. Even Don has to acquiesce to Glenn's wishes. For example in 2005 when the band was doing their "California" tour and the dates extended to places outside of CA like Phoenix and Las Vegas Don suggested doing some shows in Dallas since his family hadn't seen them play. Glenn vetoed the idea because if they played in Dallas he couldn't sleep in his own bed.

L&M
www.eaglesfans.com
I seriously doubt that Glenn Frey gets the finally word on all things Eagle or is more concerned about sleeping in his own bed than making a buck. LOL That observation doesn't make a bit of sense as to why they wouldn't extend the California tour. Remember the California Tour of 2005 also included 3 shows in the Hawaiian islands. I know because I went to those shows.

And, BTW don't believe everything you read on the net as being the absolute gospel. FYI that board you keep making reference to is run by fans and not the Eagles. No one really knows, especially fans, what those guys really do or think (behind closed doors.) Anyway my point is: Henley and Frey run the show-jointly and wouldn't let minor issues (like where they sleep) factor into the mix.

As for a joint tour: I would love to see the MAC team up with the Eagles but it probably won't happen. BTW the MAC out-grossed the Eagles last year when it came to tour revenues and the Eagles charged more per ticket-especially those VIP packages. So if they did tour the MAC would be the headliners.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal
Old 01-05-2010, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol7lynn View Post
So if they did tour the MAC would be the headliners.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal
With what authority, do you speak?
Care to place a wager?
Old 01-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

HomerMac

I am the final authority on all things Eagles and Mac. LOL!

Seriously though I could care less who headlines the show I just want to see it happen. If it makes you feel better, then let the Eagles headline-who cares? I'll go no matter which group headlines Feel me!

Peace!

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal
Old 01-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Registered

Quote:
BTW the MAC out-grossed the Eagles last year when it came to tour revenues
And, by the way, Fleetwood Mac played 26 more shows than Eagles last year. I'm also sure the average gross per-show exceeded FM, despite the fact that Eagles played primarily secondary markets in North America in 2009, having hit the most lucrative markets/multi-night stands when their tour started in Fall 2008.

Quote:
and the Eagles charged more per ticket-especially those VIP packages. So if they did tour the MAC would be the headliners.
So the act that charges (and gets) more for the same seat in the same venue takes a back seat to the act that charges less and sells far fewer tickets. Right.

I'm honestly perplexed by your points and arguments, to say the least.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:00 PM
Senior Ledgie

Maybe you've forgotten, Carol-Lynn, but Glenn has a home in Hawaii. Presumably he has a bed there.

L&M
www.eaglesfans.com

Quote:
I seriously doubt that Glenn Frey gets the finally word on all things Eagle or is more concerned about sleeping in his own bed than making a buck. LOL That observation doesn't make a bit of sense as to why they wouldn't extend the California tour. Remember the California Tour of 2005 also included 3 shows in the Hawaiian islands. I know because I went to those shows.

And, BTW don't believe everything you read on the net as being the absolute gospel. FYI that board you keep making reference to is run by fans and not the Eagles. No one really knows, especially fans, what those guys really do or think (behind closed doors.) Anyway my point is: Henley and Frey run the show-jointly and wouldn't let minor issues (like where they sleep) factor into the mix.

As for a joint tour: I would love to see the MAC team up with the Eagles but it probably won't happen. BTW the MAC out-grossed the Eagles last year when it came to tour revenues and the Eagles charged more per ticket-especially those VIP packages. So if they did tour the MAC would be the headliners.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal
Old 01-05-2010, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
And, by the way, Fleetwood Mac played 26 more shows than Eagles last year. I'm also sure the average gross per-show exceeded FM, despite the fact that Eagles played primarily secondary markets in North America in 2009, having hit the most lucrative markets/multi-night stands when their tour started in Fall 2008.

So the act that charges (and gets) more for the same seat in the same venue takes a back seat to the act that charges less and sells far fewer tickets. Right.

I'm honestly perplexed by your points and arguments, to say the least.
While I agree that the Eagles can get more bums and more $$ per bum in the seats, I don't think that alone will automatically decide the opener/closer slot on this tour (if it ever happens). This is because the opener/closer slot is not going to faze or otherwise deter any fans who want to see this double bill. The fact of the matter is that these are two immensely popular bands with legitimate arena-sized pulling power. Everyone is going to fetch the same (or comparable) nightly guarantees. Ultimately it's going to be about who wants this double bill more badly- Don and Glenn vs. Mick and Stevie. Neither band is necessarily in the position of needing money desperately (I am assuming) and neither band has any new material that needs to be plugged to a large audience. Admittedly I know next-to-nothing about the Eagles, but from what I can tell, this is probably the Eagles last hurrah, especially since Don has in so many words said that LROOE was their final album. However, in Cher and KISS fashion, their farewell tour is going to go and on until the tank is fully dried up. Accordingly, the Eagles should have more of an interest in making this happen- it is basically their last opportunity to make a killing. By contrast, FM is still considered an ongoing concern. And in the case of Stevie, she has a huge solo career that leaves everybody else's solo careers in the dust. Since Stevie has not announced her retirement, and she has ample opportunity to make money in the future, I think she is going to be the one who makes or breaks this arrangement. And from what we've heard via the rumour mill, Mama is not exactly thrilled with this double bill. My suspicion is that she is not going to easily accept the stigma of being an opening act. Either they pay her a ****load more money (not likely), or the Eagles open up (more likely). Alternating the opener/closer may be a workable compromise as well. Otherwise, it's not going to happen.

I'm not crazy about this idea unless they really do stuff together onstage. I'd especially love to see Joe Walsh playing on "Gold Dust Woman" while Stevie glares at him during the line "Lousy lovers pick their prey..." He needs payback for the nasty things he said on Howard Stern...

Last edited by HejiraNYC; 01-05-2010 at 04:28 PM..
Old 01-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It would be a cool tour but I checked no on the poll rather see them seperate but I am sure the tickets will be high for the floor my guess would be around $350 for the top ticket and lowest price would be $150 and that would be ticketmaster prices not scalper and all access prices if they use all access.it would be cool to see them if they both do full sets each like if they do full 2 and half hours each it would be worth it to go to the show.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would LOVE for this tour to happen. Would I go? Hell, no, but I'd still like to see it happen.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:40 PM
StandbackStevie
This message has been deleted by StandbackStevie.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
While I agree that the Eagles can get more bums and more $$ per bum in the seats, I don't think that alone will automatically decide the opener/closer slot on this tour (if it ever happens). This is because the opener/closer slot is not going to faze or otherwise deter any fans who want to see this double bill. The fact of the matter is that these are two immensely popular bands with legitimate arena-sized pulling power. Everyone is going to fetch the same (or comparable) nightly guarantees. Ultimately it's going to be about who wants this double bill more badly- Don and Glenn vs. Mick and Stevie. Neither band is necessarily in the position of needing money desperately (I am assuming) and neither band has any new material that needs to be plugged to a large audience. Admittedly I know next-to-nothing about the Eagles, but from what I can tell, this is probably the Eagles last hurrah, especially since Don has in so many words said that LROOE was their final album. However, in Cher and KISS fashion, their farewell tour is going to go and on until the tank is fully dried up. Accordingly, the Eagles should have more of an interest in making this happen- it is basically their last opportunity to make a killing. By contrast, FM is still considered an ongoing concern. And in the case of Stevie, she has a huge solo career that leaves everybody else's solo careers in the dust. Since Stevie has not announced her retirement, and she has ample opportunity to make money in the future, I think she is going to be the one who makes or breaks this arrangement. And from what we've heard via the rumour mill, Mama is not exactly thrilled with this double bill. My suspicion is that she is not going to easily accept the stigma of being an opening act. Either they pay her a ****load more money (not likely), or the Eagles open up (more likely). Alternating the opener/closer may be a workable compromise as well. Otherwise, it's not going to happen.

I'm not crazy about this idea unless they really do stuff together onstage. I'd especially love to see Joe Walsh playing on "Gold Dust Woman" while Stevie glares at him during the line "Lousy lovers pick their prey..." He needs payback for the nasty things he said on Howard Stern...
Tell us more about the interview with Joe Walsh on Howard Stern what did he say? I dont have Sirius Radio and didnt hear this interview. was it really nasty.?