Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Very Best Of Reviews

[This was just released in Europe today, so I figure the press will be reviewing it and we might as well have a thread for them]

The Flintshire Chronicle, 10-19-09

http://www.flintshirechronicle.co.uk...9067-24964684/

Fleetwood Mac - The Very Best Of

While the band initially formed as a blues outfit in 1967, the tracks on this album feature more of their rock and pop output from 1975 onwards, when Fleetwood Mac achieved global success with albums such as Rumours and Tango In The Night. Over My Head, Say You Love Me, Landslide and Rhiannon all feature, as do Songbird, The Chain, Rumours, Go Your Own Way and Dreams. Go Insane and I'm So Afraid from 1997 live album The Dance bring the album almost up to date. There are lesser-known ballads for the fans and, of course, the hits for newcomers, making this a compilation suitable for everyone.

Rating: 7/10

(Review by Tori Mayo)
Old 10-19-2009, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
[This was just released in Europe today, so I figure the press will be reviewing it and we might as well have a thread for them]

While the band initially formed as a blues outfit in 1967, the tracks on this album feature more of their rock and pop output from 1975 onwards, when Fleetwood Mac achieved global success with albums such as Rumours and Tango In The Night. Over My Head, Say You Love Me, Landslide and Rhiannon all feature, as do Songbird, The Chain, Rumours, Go Your Own Way and Dreams. Go Insane and I'm So Afraid from 1997 live album The Dance bring the album almost up to date. There are lesser-known ballads for the fans and, of course, the hits for newcomers, making this a compilation suitable for everyone.

(Review by Tori Mayo)
huh? I thought it was Big Love and Go Insane from The Dance.

ETA: Now, I'm recalling it does include ISA from TD as well...

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 10-19-2009 at 12:47 PM..
Old 10-19-2009, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

(Review by Tori Mayo)
I still can't belive why they release this album AGAIN?????? It's exactly the one released in 2003 and I, and many other, already have it...

Old 10-19-2009, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So is anyone gonna buy this thing to see if the liner notes are updated or different, I'm still on the fence

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 10-19-2009, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodmod View Post
So is anyone gonna buy this thing to see if the liner notes are updated or different, I'm still on the fence
I might buy it just because to have it in my collection, BUT as it seems, I don't think it's any changes

Old 10-22-2009, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.uncut.co.uk/music/fleetwo...reviews/13727#

Uncut (UK) * * * * Excellent 2004 comp, bumped up to a 2CD

After years of being dismissed as bloated, coked-up rock dinosaurs, even the most jaded punk purist will quietly agree that Fleetwood Mac’s late-’70s trilogy – 1975’s Fleetwood Mac, 1977’s Rumours and 1979’s Tusk – are works of unalloyed studio-pop genius.

All are adequately represented (“Rhiannon”, “The Chain”, “Sara”, etc) on this two-CD best-of, but we’re also encouraged to reappraise the guilty pleasures in their slick ’80s canon (“Little Lies”, “Don’t Stop”, “Everywhere”).

Would’ve been nice to hear something from the Bob Welch or Peter Green eras, of course, but there’s still not a duff track here.

JOHN LEWIS
Old 01-31-2010, 08:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodmod View Post
The notes and booklet are exactly the same as the 2-disc US edition from 2002, only change is the outer album cover image

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 02-01-2010, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

CD vs Legal Download - New Site Finds You The Cheapest Deal
Posted on 31 Jan 2010 at 2:37pm

Bet you did not know that it’s often cheaper to buy albums on CD than via Internet download?

Bargain hunting website Tunechecker.com aids music fans at finding the best deal available by returning prices from 14 shops including Amazon and iTunes. Simply enter the name of the album or single and the site’s software searches and returns with your pricing and vendor options. The Site even has a list of Mp3’s which are legally available for free download on the web.

Despite the additional cost of manufacturing the CD and Sleeve artwork it will come as a surprise that eight of the current top 40 UK albums can be purchased on CD for a lower price than they can be legally downloaded

A spokesman for tunechecker.com said: “MP3s often win but downloading isn’t always cheaper.”

As this current example shows the buying hard copies can still save you money: You can buy the Very Best of Fleetwood Mac on CD - currently number 35 in the charts - for 4.43 pounds including delivery.

That is 2.54 pounds less than the cheapest download price currently available.

http://www.live4ever.uk.com/2010/01/...cheapest-deal/