The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-26-2008, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry guys, but I get physically sick of reading the name of The Pet Shop Boys in the Lindsey forum. Brrrr. I'd burn my whole collection if he'd work with those phoney creeps.

Old 04-27-2008, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post

4. Will a second female be added to the line-up? Rumours have it. So, I wanted to make three suggestions in all seriousness:

B) Amy Winehouse
Unfortunately, despite all of her talent Amy would be a liability to anyone right now. It's very sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
5. If there was ever a desire for a new guitarist to join the group along with you (for example, if Stevie Nicks decides not to participate this time), there is one guitarist alive who can look you in the eye: Johnny Marr.
Johnny Marr would be quite interesting. In a weird way, I think he would totally fit. He brings a rock sound to folk/pop style music very much reminiscent of Go Your Own Way. And I like Electronic too.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Unfortunately, despite all of her talent Amy would be a liability to anyone right now. It's very sad.

Johnny Marr would be quite interesting. In a weird way, I think he would totally fit. He brings a rock sound to folk/pop style music very much reminiscent of Go Your Own Way. And I like Electronic too.

I love Johnny Marr. But we already have Lindsey. They are too much alike. Lindsey brings a Folkstyle to a rock/pop style music. And I like Electronic too.

BTW: I'm sure Marr is a LB admirer. Maybe even vice/versa.

Old 04-27-2008, 02:52 PM
Registered

Why doesn't anyone listen to me about the second female:

Diana Krall!
Old 04-27-2008, 05:04 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamMcConville View Post
Why doesn't anyone listen to me about the second female:

Diana Krall!
I would pick Sheryl Crow over Krall....and I dont even want Crow in the band.

That being said, there is no "history" involved with any of these women joining Fleetwood Mac. The Mac is very much a "drama" band and band of interaction between those core members. If Christine isn't coming back...I'd rather see Burnette or Vito, or Peter Green or someone else from the past roll back into things and breathe some new life into the old mitt.

Ultimately, the talk about what they are planning on doing has actually turned me off from the idea of them reforming. They are all near 60 years of age...and they really have nothing left to prove as a band. They should be doing it because they enjoy it...they should be making GOOD records. They should be enjoying their fan base. It seems none of these things are happening and the petty Rumours-era-like squabbling has made the "Say You Will healing process" a sham. I'm not gravely upset about it...it's more like, well, I don't care if they do anything or not that this point. I'd rather see Lindsey go about his solo business to be honest.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think the only way to bring someone new into the band, would be to do it, because they are looking for someone to fill a need, not because they are looking for someone to serve as a buffer for Stevie and Lindsey. If they need a songwriter and keyboardist, then they should look at people who fill that bill, not bring in someone for another reason.

If they need someone to tour on a ticket with them, that is a different question altogether and the person (or band) you get to fill a venue with you isn't necessarily going to be the same person you'd get to join the band.

As for Lindsey collaborations, I think he should be a little proactive and find people that spark him and see if maybe they can work together, rather than waiting for someone to approach him. When he answered the Q & A questions, he seemed to be open to a few artists, but he seemed to be waiting for a phone call. If he thinks there's the possibility of doing something innovative, don't wait! Reach out.

Michele
Old 04-27-2008, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think the only way to bring someone new into the band, would be to do it, because they are looking for someone to fill a need, not because they are looking for someone to serve as a buffer for Stevie and Lindsey. If they need a songwriter and keyboardist, then they should look at people who fill that bill, not bring in someone for another reason.
The band doesn't need a member keyboardist. It has its back lineup still, I assume. (It will always have its back lineup so long as it pays the fees.)

The band might benefit artistically & interpersonally with a new guy -- to fill that need, as you say. I think Chris Isaak could actually do the job. Stevie doesn't need a woman to balance anything. She just needs a friend (& most of her friends with any musical talent happen to be men). Chris Isaak, Lindsey, Stevie, Mick, John --- could be a cool new Fleetwood Mac.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-27-2008, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They should just find a new member the way everyone else does - by starring in their own reality show. It worked for The Pussycat Dolls, INXS and even TLC are finding a new L for the T_C.

Personally, I would contract the Jim Henson Creature Shop to construct an animatronic Christine McVieBOT. Christine could simply sing her parts from her cozy living room and her vocals could be transmitted via satellite.

Photobucket
Old 04-28-2008, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
I love Johnny Marr. But we already have Lindsey. They are too much alike. Lindsey brings a Folkstyle to a rock/pop style music.
Touche'.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Finland, the country where polar bears walk on the streets singing "Silver Girl"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
And I like Electronic too.
Really?

^ - "a selfindulged, but funny butthead of a Fin" - Shackin'up
Old 04-28-2008, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Timbaland and Amy Winehouse? Yikes. I think I'd even take Sheryl over that prospect. >,<

Timbaland did some good work with Duran Duran, granted, but Fleetwood Mac / Timbaland doesn't bear thinking about, imo.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
Timbaland and Amy Winehouse? Yikes. I think I'd even take Sheryl over that prospect. >,<

Timbaland did some good work with Duran Duran, granted, but Fleetwood Mac / Timbaland doesn't bear thinking about, imo.
I didn't like that Duran Duran song (Not even Timbaland could make them good) but this was the message playwright Ben Kessler had for Mick Fleetwood:
Timbaland is the one producer to emerge since Rumours who is as attentive and sensitive to drum-sound as you are.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by face of glass View Post
Really?

That's the best single of the 90s!
Old 05-22-2008, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart Open Letter to Lindsey Buckingham

I miss you.