The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-01-2014, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

For just a moment, let these five individuals pretend it's 1975 and they are just starting out as a combo. Let them choose from Christine's prior recorded material. If it is a return to 1975, they will choose "Get Like You Used To Be," "Spare Me a Little," and "Why." Or maybe "Just Crazy Love" -- a song Chris herself likes well enough to have included it in her solo shows in 1984.

It does seem very unlikely that the carefully choreographed machine that Fleetwood Mac has become would perform one of these songs.

But ... Mac fandom believed it was impossible that Christine would ever return to the band. Now that the impossible has occurred, why shouldn't the very unlikely occur?
Old 07-01-2014, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
For just a moment, let these five individuals pretend it's 1975 and they are just starting out as a combo. Let them choose from Christine's prior recorded material. If it is a return to 1975, they will choose "Get Like You Used To Be," "Spare Me a Little," and "Why." Or maybe "Just Crazy Love" -- a song Chris herself likes well enough to have included it in her solo shows in 1984.

It does seem very unlikely that the carefully choreographed machine that Fleetwood Mac has become would perform one of these songs.

But ... Mac fandom believed it was impossible that Christine would ever return to the band. Now that the impossible has occurred, why shouldn't the very unlikely occur?
I'm getting the 1975 vibe, too! I'm thinking they'll look at their set lists from that era. It was the beginning of the era for them.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
This line-up of the band have only ever played 15 concerts in the UK (7 in 1977, 8 in 1980 in addition to the Brits performance in 1998 and the O2 renditions of Don't Stop in 2014.

It's about ******* time!
ha! And that brits awards was totally lip synced!
Old 07-01-2014, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
For just a moment, let these five individuals pretend it's 1975 and they are just starting out as a combo.
As a rule I'm not a fan of covers. However its been a long time since Fleetwood Mac have recorded or played a good cover (Farmers Daughter?). The more I think about it the more I think it would be quite refreshing to see them include a new (Fleetwood Maccy) take on a contemporary hit somewhere among the set list. I appreciate it would take one space away from the old standards and is therefore pretty unlikely. But its the sort of thing new young exciting bands do. Perhaps a Fleetwood Macced-up 'Get Lucky' or something...I just think it would give the audience something a bit different.

...I always imagined 'Somebody That I Used to Know' by Gotye as a FM song- that would be interesting.

Last edited by FuzzyPlum; 07-01-2014 at 03:22 PM..
Old 07-01-2014, 05:51 PM
Senior Ledgie

Her mention of having to get out her skates and practice triggered my memory of being 17 and rollerblading with a Walkman listening to temporary one on the radio and the radio personality came on at the end and announced that Christine was retiring and done with the Mac. I was crushed. I just discovered them and now it was over. So now her talking about the skates brought that up and healed it. She's back and yes lindsey this does reaffirm my faith in cycles. So happy for all of them and good for us. It's been a long hiatus.
Old 07-01-2014, 05:52 PM
Senior Ledgie

I might have to get out the rollers for old time sake. Though it hasn't been that long.
Old 07-02-2014, 05:10 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
The UK leg of this tour will be the first time since 1980 that they've toured there as the original five (rumours line up). They didn't go to the UK on the 'Mirage' tour or 'The Dance' tour.
I've always wondered why they didn't? I know they had solo projects going on too but seems odd that they ignored Europe being such a huge band.

I think this tour will sell like hot cakes, am hoping they do two Manchester shows this time like they did in 2003