Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Hard to Find Albums By Fleetwood Mac Members

While hunting around for some files of Jeremy Spencer & The Children to have a listen, I struck this blog:

http://fleetwoodmacmusic.blogspot.com/

There's at least one (Flee) that's commercially available, and I'm not sure about the quality as I haven't downloaded any (waiting for our new ADSL2+ and increased download limit), but there's there something there for everyone, as they say.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

yeah i couldn't figure it out. the people running that site, doing a great service, should pull down flee since it is easily obtained commercially. i tried to download the children album but couldn't.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

DANG! I don't have WinRAR, my computer doesn't like it. So I guess I'll just have to wait until I get a new computer *hopefully* for my birthday.
~Rhiya D:
Old 09-14-2008, 12:51 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs down

I wanna know why Bombs Away Dream Babies is always like...$80? if you can find it
Old 09-14-2008, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Bombs away baby? The Johnny Stew album? I paid 3 dollars for it at a record store. Sitting in my basement as we speak. I listened to it a couple times. Lindsey did an amazing job.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i just got the record. i need to play it.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:54 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird28 View Post
Bombs away baby? The Johnny Stew album? I paid 3 dollars for it at a record store. Sitting in my basement as we speak. I listened to it a couple times. Lindsey did an amazing job.
on LP or on CD??
Old 09-16-2008, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hello! I am the guy that runs the blog in question. http://www.fleetwoodmacmusic.blogspot.com/

It has taken me a while to get here, but finally I can reply to this post.

Obviously I didn't check enough that Flee was unavailable. Who would have thought that they would still be producing Jeremy Spencer 30 years later?

Also, as for quality of the albums, they are in the quality I have. Some are 192kbps CD rips, others are vinyl rips by other people, and others I have no idea! The Flee one is a vinyl rip, so now I know its available I might have to buy it on CD!

Glad that lots of people have found things that they want on there, I have been buying FM related albums for about 15 years, so I figured that others might want some of the stuff that might not be available. Funnily enough the most popular album on my site is Bombs Away Dream Babies (saw the post on here which is why I added it).

I also trawl the net looking for stuff to add to my collection - I have ordered Billy Burnette's first six albums, Bob Welch's self titled album, and Mick Fleetwood's I'm Not Me, which I should hopefully get soon. Amazing what you can find on CD if you search long enough...(not supposed to be bootlegs but not sure I care anyway).

Also for anyone who can't open .rar files please let me know, I'll try to make a .zip file if you are desperately seeking a particular album. Also as far as I know all the Fleetwood Mac albums are still readily available (and I don't mean bootlegs or demos). Let me know if they aren't and I'll dig them out.

It feels weird to be back on the ledge - haven't been here since the days of Lisa and Marty (about 10+ years ago).

Last edited by chriskisn; 09-16-2008 at 08:46 PM..
Old 09-17-2008, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Your blog is a great opportunity to have a listen to some of the solo stuff. If you had the time, it would be good to list the source and bitrate (sorry, a bit of a quality junkie even with my dodgy free downloads!).

Is Bombs Away CD or vinyl rip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
The Flee one is a vinyl rip, so now I know its available I might have to buy it on CD!
I see you are in Aus too - I'm about to list a spare sealed copy I have of Flee on eBay, probably this weekend.

Last edited by Neb-Maat-Re; 09-17-2008 at 05:18 PM..
Old 09-17-2008, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Everything I own on a shop bought CD is 192kbps. However, stuff that people have copied for me, stuff that I have found on the net or someone has ripped from vinyl, well that stuff can vary, and obviously the bitrate quality then can be meaningless.

I can, if it makes life easier for you guys, list the ones I know. The ONLY album I have on there that the quality isn't so good is Flee.

As for Bombs Away Dream Babies, that is 192kbps and it certainly sounds like a CD rip to me, but I guess on an big expensive stereo system (and not my $30 computer speakers) it might sound terrible.

Shall see if I can add the bitrate quality onto the blog postings...