Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-05-2007, 02:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Montreal

Well I just got back from seeing Lindsey Buckingham in Montreal. Even though I lost my job I had forgotten that my birthday gift was a bus ticket to the show. So I was able to go the Montreal show. It wasn't as good as the Boston show I saw last fall, but it was still a pretty good show. No new songs in the set. The show was late starting. he didn't come on till 8:30. When he did some guy on the floor sarted yelling "Jesus F-ing Christ I have waited my whole life for this!!!" then Lindsey said "Me too". Before "Red Rover" he gave a speech about saying how he always introuduces this song as "strange", but then he realised that all of his songs are strange. After the show he did come out the back entryway but he only signed one autograph for a guy who followed him to the SUV and then stood there till he opened the window and he signed his album. I was right behind but he rolled up the window and drove away.

Matt
Old 04-05-2007, 07:05 AM
MoonChilde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
Well I just got back from seeing Lindsey Buckingham in Montreal. Even though I lost my job I had forgotten that my birthday gift was a bus ticket to the show. So I was able to go the Montreal show. It wasn't as good as the Boston show I saw last fall, but it was still a pretty good show. No new songs in the set. The show was late starting. he didn't come on till 8:30. When he did some guy on the floor sarted yelling "Jesus F-ing Christ I have waited my whole life for this!!!" then Lindsey said "Me too". Before "Red Rover" he gave a speech about saying how he always introuduces this song as "strange", but then he realised that all of his songs are strange. After the show he did come out the back entryway but he only signed one autograph for a guy who followed him to the SUV and then stood there till he opened the window and he signed his album. I was right behind but he rolled up the window and drove away.

Matt
What a nice bdy present for you!Happy Birthday,,So you didn;t happen to see the lead singer from Bare Naked Ladies there in the crowd did you? He was saying he was going to miss a gig on his tour just so he could see Lindsey...lol...Anyway, I wonder why Lindsey has stopped meeting with the crowds and taking pictures and signing?Seems like he was really into it..and now not so much...hmmm
Old 04-05-2007, 08:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonChilde View Post
What a nice bdy present for you!Happy Birthday,,So you didn;t happen to see the lead singer from Bare Naked Ladies there in the crowd did you? He was saying he was going to miss a gig on his tour just so he could see Lindsey...lol...Anyway, I wonder why Lindsey has stopped meeting with the crowds and taking pictures and signing?Seems like he was really into it..and now not so much...hmmm
I know. He seemed to love meeting with the fans. I'm kind of bummed...I hope he's up for it this Saturday!

Old 04-05-2007, 12:31 PM
Senior Ledgie

Unhappy

I read in another thread,( maybe even on another board, I don't remember where) that Lindsey said that it was too cold to be outside meeting fans and signing autographs. I was really bummed when I read that because I'm going to his concert on Sat. too, and it's only supposed to be in the 30's, much too cold for a California boy, I'm afraid.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

thanks for the post...glad you could make the show. seems with recent shows he is onstage later than usual too.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori40 View Post
I read in another thread,( maybe even on another board, I don't remember where) that Lindsey said that it was too cold to be outside meeting fans and signing autographs. I was really bummed when I read that because I'm going to his concert on Sat. too, and it's only supposed to be in the 30's, much too cold for a California boy, I'm afraid.
Well, it was cold as hell in Texas in January too and he hung out after...but I guess it is his choice. He has been so generous to his fans over the last several months. No complaints here...I just selfishly want to say hi again. Maybe he'll stay in MN and want to party at the hotel like a couple of the other venues. A girl can dream...

Old 04-05-2007, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonChilde View Post
Maybe Kristen was there. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Old 04-05-2007, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchen View Post
Not going to touch this one...

Old 04-05-2007, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchen View Post
I don't think that Kristen has been spotted at any show on this leg of the tour. I bet she will show up in Chicago.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

I forgot to mention another funny moment. When he came out somone yelled out out something like "Fleetwood Mac is cool" and he said something like "yeah they are a pretty good band, a nice bunch of people" and that got the crowd laughing.

Matt
Old 04-05-2007, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy

something is bothering me though and that is given the fact that the crowds wanting to meet him at the show's afterword seem to be small, why doesn't he stop for a minute and sign autographs and meet with people. I think he could spare 5-10 minutes of his time.

Matt
Old 04-05-2007, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
something is bothering me though and that is given the fact that the crowds wanting to meet him at the show's afterword seem to be small, why doesn't he stop for a minute and sign autographs and meet with people. I think he could spare 5-10 minutes of his time.

Matt
He has been spending a lot of time with his fans...not sure what you mean? I know for one of my shows they were all running to catch flights, so there are tight scheduling issues to consider, and we were left SOL. I think he does the best he can. And, he probably bases some of that on mood. Maybe there are times when he just doesn't feel like it.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
I don't think that Kristen has been spotted at any show on this leg of the tour. I bet she will show up in Chicago.
What makes u think that??? I'm going to that show.