User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-27-2020, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
The “Hold Me” demo is a delight but the album version is a pop masterpiece.
It really is a masterpiece. Just a slight notch behind Gypsy in stunning production. Lindsey really brought his A game to those two songs.

I enjoy the demo, but there's no comparison to the finished product.

And of course the irony is that both of those songs were always hard to pull off, live. How do you live up to the record?
Old 05-28-2020, 05:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
It really is a masterpiece. Just a slight notch behind Gypsy in stunning production. Lindsey really brought his A game to those two songs.

I enjoy the demo, but there's no comparison to the finished product.

And of course the irony is that both of those songs were always hard to pull off, live. How do you live up to the record?
I agree 100%
Hold Me is a pop masterpiece. That piano riff at the beginning, the catchy lyrics, amazing percussion, and Lindsey's guitar solo. I once heard Chris say when she wrote the song, it just came very suddenly.
Gypsy is also a masterpiece. Probably the best bridge of any Mac or Stevie song. She nails it.
Both could have been #1 songs. But the timing was not there. I forget the songs but during each song's peak there was a traffic jam with some song just stuck at #1 for a long time which locked the top ten without much movement.

Lets not forget. Mirage was #1 for 5 weeks. I wish there was a video for Love in Store so it could have climbed out of the top 20. But like Mick said, once the short Mirage tour was over, the magic of Mirage was over. Everyone had their own record deals. They could have pumped more life into Mirage but there just was not time
Old 05-28-2020, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Both could have been #1 songs. But the timing was not there. I forget the songs but during each song's peak there was a traffic jam with some song just stuck at #1 for a long time which locked the top ten without much movement.

Getting into the top 10 back in those days was a massive achievement. If you look back at any top 10 from that period its full of instantly recognisable stars and banger songs- far different to today. That's not to say hitting the top 10 is easy these days, but there are relatively few contemporary hits that will have a lasting legacy.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 05-28-2020, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I agree 100%

Lets not forget. Mirage was #1 for 5 weeks. I wish there was a video for Love in Store so it could have climbed out of the top 20. But like Mick said, once the short Mirage tour was over, the magic of Mirage was over. Everyone had their own record deals. They could have pumped more life into Mirage but there just was not time
The Mirage tour was my favorite and yes Mick was spot on. As soon as the tour ended the album sales/charting started to dwindle. I dig the Wild Heart tour in 1983 which was probably my all time favorite Nicks tour but would instead have loved more videos/singles and touring to support Mirage.
Old 05-28-2020, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
I think this was only true of MIRAGE and TANGO. She's on his songs on MAC, RUMOURS, TUSK, and SAY YOU WILL.
If you have any evidence of Stevie being on Lindsey's songs on Tusk I'd love to hear it.
Old 05-30-2020, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViscountViktor View Post
If you have any evidence of Stevie being on Lindsey's songs on Tusk I'd love to hear it.
I can hear her on "The Ledge," "I Know I'm Not Wrong," "Walk A Thin Line" and "Tusk".

"That's All For Everyone" has so many layered vocals its hard to tell.

I don't hear her on "Save Me A Place" (shame), "What Makes You Think You're The One" (considering what the song is about, no surprise), "Not That Funny", or "That's Enough For Me."
Old 05-31-2020, 03:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
I can hear her on "The Ledge," "I Know I'm Not Wrong," "Walk A Thin Line" and "Tusk".

"That's All For Everyone" has so many layered vocals its hard to tell.

I don't hear her on "Save Me A Place" (shame), "What Makes You Think You're The One" (considering what the song is about, no surprise), "Not That Funny", or "That's Enough For Me."
I'd always thought she was on a couple of those songs. Having listened through carefully, the only ones I now think she might be on are The Ledge and Walk a Thin Line. Its so hard to tell though. Lindsey's backing vocals can be so feminine they are misleading. There's a chance they are all Lindsey alone.
Anything and everything is probably buried in the Tusk song.

I thought I heard Chris' voice a bit on Save Me a Place....but again, It's probably just Lindsey.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood