Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-16-2004, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default CMT Crossroads

I've caught bits & pieces of this show in the past (Sheryl & Willie, Melissa Etheridge & Dolly) but I recently saw Martina McBride & Pat Benetar and WOW! What a phenomenal show! (actually, I saw it in December & forgot to post about it, but was reminded when it aired again.)

Anyone else see it? I've always loved Pat, and I've been getting more familiar with Martina's stuff recently (I saw the video for "Where Would You Be" a couple of years ago & my jaw hit the floor - WHAT A VOICE !) Anyway, their vocal range is so similar, and they sounded great doing eachother's tunes, I was very impressed.

Now, I've been trying to think of what country artists would be good for a Crossroads with LB or Ms. Nicks - any ideas?

Paula
Old 03-16-2004, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up Cool!!

SWEET MOSES!! Get Lindsey on stage with Keith Urban...and I'm so there!!

I did see a smidge of the Pat/Martina show...flipping through channels. Cool idea...rock and country together.

Dolly and Stevie. I'm so there too!!
Old 03-16-2004, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Dolly and Stevie would rock. I'd love to see Dolly do "Rooms on Fire" and "Think About It," especially.

I saw the one with Dolly and Melissa Etheridge and thought it was great.
Old 03-17-2004, 01:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh I saw that episode too. Pat and Martina sounded amazing together...and they looked so similar!!

I would love to see Stevie on there...I would love to see her w/ Dolly but since she's already been on how about Patty Loveless? I just think she has such a great, unique voice.

"Oh I let you slip away there was nothing I could do. That was so long ago still I often think of you..."-Lindsey Buckingham

"I didn't come here to be a mother, I didn't come here to be a nun, and I did not come here to be a cleaning lady; I came here to be a poet"-Stevie Nicks
Old 03-17-2004, 06:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Dolly and Stevie would rock. Dolly could FINALLY sing "After the Glitter Fades," which SN sent to her in like 1975 but Dolly did not pick it up, etc.

As for Pat B., I LOVE her and have everything (I think) she has ever done. She is brilliant!!!!!!! What a voice. I love how she could make it sound like the exact note the guitar was playing so that you could not tell which was which.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 03-17-2004, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love Crossroads! I'd like to see Stevie singing w/ a male country singer. Stevie and Willie would be awesome, but he's already done one....um - Stevie and Keith Urban would be hot. Or Stevie and Slaid Cleaves (you're all going, who???). He's a local dude, and he's gorgeous. Lemme find a pic and I'll post it. Yum. Yum.

Slaid

"Broke Down" is a great song!!
Old 03-17-2004, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up Here's a new combo

Paisley and Mayer Tapped for CMT Crossroads
Tue. March 16.2004 12:35 PM EST

Brad Paisley and John Mayer are the latest artists meeting for CMT Crossroads. The two will share the stage in a one-hour concert to be taped March 30 in New York before an invitation-only audience. Mayer was just 22 when he emerged in 2001 with Room for Squares, a debut album containing the hit "Your Body Is a Wonderland." Paisley and Mayer should prove to be an interesting combination, especially considering that both are young singer-songwriters who also happen to be formidable guitarists. Their CMT Crossroads episode is scheduled to premiere in May.

This should be really great!! Two great guitarists, IMO.
Old 03-17-2004, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Here's a new combo

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
Paisley and Mayer Tapped for CMT Crossroads
Tue. March 16.2004 12:35 PM EST

Brad Paisley and John Mayer are the latest artists meeting for CMT Crossroads. The two will share the stage in a one-hour concert to be taped March 30 in New York before an invitation-only audience. Mayer was just 22 when he emerged in 2001 with Room for Squares, a debut album containing the hit "Your Body Is a Wonderland." Paisley and Mayer should prove to be an interesting combination, especially considering that both are young singer-songwriters who also happen to be formidable guitarists. Their CMT Crossroads episode is scheduled to premiere in May.

This should be really great!! Two great guitarists, IMO.
Very nice! I'll have to watch for this one!

Paula
Old 03-19-2004, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really wanted to see the Pat/Martina one, but never could get to the television in time... and I don't watch CMT anymore. However, if they manage to get Stevie on there I may be able to lift the boycot. She's more country that a lot of the idiots on there these days.

"Being in this band really f**** up relationships with chicks."
-Lindsey Buckingham

"Lindsey and I were as close to married as I'll probably ever be. I took care of him, I cooked for him, I ironed his jeans, I adored him."
-Stevie Nicks

"Quite frankly, I think I can presume on Stevie's behalf that she wasn't too sad seeing Lindsey go."
-Mick Fleetwood

"I play bass."
-John McVie.

I love this band.