Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-03-2003, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Increased Radio Sightings....

I don't know about anywhere else, but Fleetwood Mac "sightings" on the radio have definitely been increasing in the Pittsburgh area.
In the past three days alone, I have heard...

"Rhiannon" (the radio/single version, which can be found on 'VBoFM'... but they must have been using a vinyl copy, because it skipped after the first chorus!)
"Say You Love Me" (radio/single version)
"Landslide" (both the 1975 studio version, and 'The Dance' live version)
"The Chain"
"Go Your Own Way"
"Dreams"
"Gold Dust Woman" (twice)
"Gypsy"
"Seven Wonders" (!!!)
"Little Lies" (on an All-80s retro show)
and
"Everywhere"

I've also heard Stevie's "Leather And Lace," "Edge Of Seventeen," and "Rooms On Fire."

The upcoming album was mentioned almost every time one of the above songs was played.
So hopefully this increased airplay bodes well for how the new album, and any promo singles, will be received by radio programmers. At the very least, it's perhaps some reflection on how interested they are in the project.

(***I should add that I only listen to the radio for about an hour each day... when I first wake up, and am getting cleaned-up, and dressed. So these sightings haven't been spread out over hours of listening, but just in the short time that I have the radio playing. And I haven't heard them all in the same place, I flip around between five stations.)

Johnny Stew

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 01-03-2003 at 04:20 PM..
Old 01-03-2003, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When was the last time I heard Rooms On Fire or Seven Wonders on the radio? Gawd I wish I could remember-terribly overlooked songs!! But everytime I am running late to work and have to call a cab instead of my normal walk or bus ride I hear Edge of 17 playing in the cab. Everytime I am shopping at Ross Dress For Less (or as I like to call it: CRoss Dress for Less) I hear Skies The Limit. Weird, huh?
But I agree-I hope this new album blows people away-not many bands can be away as long as FM and almost always come back strong!!
Old 01-03-2003, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My friend and I caught the end of "The Chain" and it was right @ Lindsey's ending guitar solo. We went crazy, lol.
Old 01-03-2003, 05:03 PM
Senior Ledgie

I too have been hearing a lot of the Mac on the radio...actually four or five songs within five hours....

That's a good thing!!!
Jenny

"In The Chain, Fleetwood Mac sings of love lost and love rescued. They sing of darkness and sunrises. They sing of a bond that can never be broken. A fitting prophecy for five very different people who will forever be linked together by their lives, their dreams and their music"
Old 01-03-2003, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No such luck in the UK....

Hopefully we'll get some increased activity by the end of February...

Old 01-03-2003, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Chilean radios

Here, too!!! We've been getting LOTS of Fleetwood Mac lately. Pretty much the usual stuff ("You Make Loving Fun", "Dreams", "Don't Stop", "Little Lies" today in a record shop!!!, "Big Love", "Landslide" from The Dance), but also some weird songs... Today was the second time in three days that two different stations play... "Can't Go Back". What an odd choice... was it ever a single? I guess the DJs must like it very much...

Song of the moment - Just Like A Woman
Old 01-03-2003, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have been hearing more Fleetwood Mac on the radio as well. The other day I was flipping around to different stations and I heard Go Your Own Way on one station, then You Make Loving Fun on another and then Say You Love Me on yet another. It was pretty funny that as soon as one song ended on one station another one began on a different one! Oh and they did mention the upcoming album after each song was over.

Michelle

~long live the queen... under the skin~
Old 01-04-2003, 02:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

When we were in Orlando over the summer, I found a station, WMMO 98.9, that played TONS of FM. I found the webstie, www.wmmo.com, and I've tried to listen to it online, but can never get it to work. Off the top of my head, I can remember hearing

Edge of Seventeen
I Don't Want to Know (!)
Seven Wonders (!)
Tusk (!)
Gypsy
Leather and Lace
Monday Morning (I think)

...and I'm sure there were more. I can't remember all of them. But I do remember there were two days that I just happened to hear THREE songs in the short period of time that we were listening to the radio (driving from hotel on International Blvd. to Universal Studios, and back, or if i had the radio on for a short time in the room). I wish we had stations like that here. But from who you just posted, it looks like we do.

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 01-04-2003, 03:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Hey Josh, does The Mix - 97.3 come in for you?
That's where I heard most of the songs (including "Seven Wonders").

Johnny Stew
Old 01-04-2003, 07:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've only heard 'Little Lies' on the radio, once.
Old 01-04-2003, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Ya'll will die when I tell you...

I heard...get this...THINK ABOUT ME on this 80's net radio station at this address: www.crikfm.com !!!! I just about fell in the floor!! I was like, OMG, THINK ABOUT ME, which came out in 1979 from Tusk, not in the 80's...then I shut up and just enjoyed the song.

I also have heard GYOW, YMLF and SYLM over the past couple of weeks!! WOOHOO!! Plus, it was on like, soft rock radio, not even classic rock radio!! YAY!! They played Stand Back a few weeks back too, but I didn't get to hear the song, I only heard the DJ go, "That was Stand Back by Stevie Nicks." CRAP! I missed it!! My fave solo SN song too!!

PLUS, I saw the commercial for VBofFM THREE TIMES during "The Shining" and "A Few Good Men" on TNT (or TBS, can't recall) last weekend!! I watched AFGM even tho I can't STAND Tom Cruise because I just KNEW they would show the commercial again and I got it taped...FINALLY!! WOOOOOHOOOO!! LOL
Old 01-04-2003, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

An Indianapolis station B105 was having a Fleetwood Mac featured artist weekend, where they play one of their songs every hour. I think thats how it works. They do a featured artist every weekend, and they have done Fleetwood Mac more than once.

Maria
Old 01-05-2003, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueGrass
My friend and I caught the end of "The Chain" and it was right @ Lindsey's ending guitar solo. We went crazy, lol.
That's a damn good place to catch it!! One of the greatest air guitar solos of all time!

p.s. speaking of air guitar, there was a Frank Skinner interview with Eric Clapton I saw recently, and this is a bit from it:

FS: So Eric, I have to ask you, do you play air guitar?
EC: Uh, well, no....if I wanna play I'll play the real thing.
FS: Yea sure, but, I mean...I have sex with my girlfriend but I still......you know....

Old 01-06-2003, 12:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow seteca...

Quote:
Originally posted by seteca
That's a damn good place to catch it!! One of the greatest air guitar solos of all time!p.s. speaking of air guitar, there was a Frank Skinner interview with Eric Clapton I saw recently, and this is a bit from it:

FS: So Eric, I have to ask you, do you play air guitar?
EC: Uh, well, no....if I wanna play I'll play the real thing.
FS: Yea sure, but, I mean...I have sex with my girlfriend but I still......you know....
LMAO!! Alright, are you trying to KILL me with the humour today... Air guitar...I do it ALL the time and air drums, as a matter of fact! During GYOW especially at the end...I am being inducted into the Air Drummers Hall of Fame tomorrow night...won't you all be there to hear my acceptance speech?
Old 01-06-2003, 12:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

After a string of about 140 weeks of going to the supermarket and hearing SOME Fleetwood Mac related tune* overhead was broken, we hadn't heard any for what seemed like a year or so. Lo & behold, we go to the market about an hour earlier than usual, what comes on overhead? "As Long As You Follow"...it'd been QUITE some time since I'd heard that song! Yay, Rick & Billy, great guitarwork and background vocals!!!!!

*=We've heard at one time or another:
Just about ALL of the "white album", Rumours & Out Of The Cradle
Silver Springs (original AND Dance versions)
Hypnotized
Albatross
Oh Well
Gypsy
Love In Store
Only Over You
Little Lies
Save Me
Skies The Limit
Sara
Tusk
Seven Wonders
Holiday Road
Dancing Across The USA
Go Insane (original Lindsey solo version)
Slow Dancing
Trouble
Leather & Lace
Rooms On Fire
HAEWAFY
Stand Back
Edge Of Seventeen
Every Day
Sorcerer
Got A Hold On Me
Love Will Show Us How
The Smile I Live For
Sentimental Lady (both FMac & Welch solo versions)
Spare Me A Little
Sunny Side Of Heaven
Man Of The World (Splinter Group instrumental version!)
Real World (Splinter Group!!!)

Last edited by chiliD; 01-06-2003 at 12:48 AM..