Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-30-2018, 12:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
. No Questions Asked and Paper Doll are fascinating to me, but in an odd way LOL.
I love No Questions Asked. It's classic Mac/Stevie, I love John's bass on it and I thought the late Greg Ladanyi did a great job with the production.
Old 10-30-2018, 05:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
well to me it matters if one is lying to cover up one's own bad behavior and make themselves look great (Stevie) or to cover for someone else's -- especially if they are holding you hostage to do so (Lindsey, Mick, and Christine. Interesting though that you only accuse Lindsey of lying about that album and not the others. Because indeed all of them at one point or other said it was to be a FM album and then at one point or other denied, or, in your terms, lied, about that. Bias can be insidious.)
I really don't think I'm biased... I said Lindsey was just as capable of lying as Stevie. How is that being biased? I 'accused' Lindsey of lying because... he did lie LOL! And in virtually the exact same manner you say Stevie would have lied, or had lied in the past, complete with one of his people stepping in during an interview. Note I didn't deny what you said about Stevie at all, I just brought up a specific incident with Lindsey that showed he's capable of lying, like every other person not just in FM, but in the world. I kind of thought you were being biased when you suggested Lindsey lied for a more noble purpose than Stevie.
Old 11-09-2018, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just saw this on Neil Finn Instagram:

New FM material in the works

Since I can't embed anything here is the link:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp98yxZAY7m/

Last edited by kak125; 11-09-2018 at 03:09 PM..
Old 11-09-2018, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, thanks for posting this, kak125!

Excited to learn more.
Old 11-09-2018, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Very exciting!!!

I hope they actually see it through.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-09-2018, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I 'accused' Lindsey of lying because... he did lie LOL
To whom did he lie (and do you have a link to it)?

In 2014, he said the following to Larry King about what became the Buckingham/McVie album (5:28-5:34: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2r42fs): "Stevie has yet to join the mix, and it's all about the timing."

That suggests Stevie would participate, but I don't read it as a firm commitment that she would. Nor do I read it as an assertion that the group as a whole was necessarily viewing the album in that light. It may have been nothing more than wishful thinking.

Last edited by cbBen; 11-09-2018 at 05:06 PM..
Old 11-09-2018, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
To whom did he lie (and do you have a link to it)?

In 2014, he said the following to Larry King (5:28-5:34: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2r42fs): "Stevie has yet to join the mix, and it's all about the timing." That suggests Stevie will participate, but I don't read it as a firm commitment that she will.
cbBen, I'm sorry, I don't have the actual link or thread to the interview. I can tell you that someone posted it on this message board- it was a good read, but one question that generated a lot of interest was something like "since 4 of the 5 members recorded it, why didn't you just call it a FM album?" and Lindsey responded along the lines that it was never meant to be a FM album and acted like he was confused that the interviewer would even think such a thing. Then when the interviewer pressed the issue, Lindsey's agent intervened and told the interviewer to drop the subject and move on or the interview would be over. It really wasn't a big deal, we all knew Lindsey was lying and that it was originally meant to be a FM album and that they had been waiting for Stevie to participate, but she never did.

The thread is here on this board somewhere, maybe someone will dig it up. Your quote from Lindsey just proves that they were waiting for Stevie to participate. And it's kind of ironic that Lindsey said in interviews that the Buck/Vie album was never meant to be a FM album, since he now says in the lawsuit that it WAS supposed to be a FM album.
Old 11-09-2018, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I see. Thanks.
Old 11-09-2018, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And it's kind of ironic that Lindsey said in interviews that the Buck/Vie album was never meant to be a FM album, since he now says in the lawsuit that it WAS supposed to be a FM album.
yes. being a team player in Fleetwood Mac is not appreciated, it became very obvious this year.

you gotta be an a$$hole only in it for yourself - while lying through your nose how the band comes first for you.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-09-2018, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yes. being a team player in Fleetwood Mac is not appreciated, it became very obvious this year.

you gotta be an a$$hole only in it for yourself - while lying through your nose how the band comes first for you.
Over the last 2 years or so, I have decided none of this band can be taken at face value, none of them are innocents, none are truthful..
I like their music, but I don’t particular like them....any of them
Well okay John’s sort of okay.
Old 11-09-2018, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
Just saw this on Neil Finn Instagram:

New FM material in the works

Since I can't embed anything here is the link:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp98yxZAY7m/
is he actually being serious, or a bit facetious given the bizarreness of what he's playing in this clip?? he's playing a small keyboard but what's coming out of it sounds like electronic robotic voices... Plus he's in a hotel robe and wearing swimming goggles, and the clip is like 3 seconds long.

I think he might just be taking the p*ss and making a joke.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Do the goggles facilitate the writing process?
Old 11-10-2018, 12:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Do the goggles facilitate the writing process?
I thought it was just a kiwi thing.

And, he WAS in the Split Enz.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 11-10-2018 at 12:12 AM..
Old 11-10-2018, 12:50 AM
Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac has had fifteen years to record a album. It is obvious who delivered and who did not deliver.

If Fleetwood Mac records a new album, I wonder if Dave Stewart of the Eurythmics will be chosen to produce. Stewart has collaborated with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and Stevie.
Old 11-10-2018, 01:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
Fleetwood Mac has had fifteen years to record a album. It is obvious who delivered and who did not deliver.
Obviously, she didn’t want to do another album with Lindsey for whatever reason. The equation, at least as far as she’s concerned, is different now.

Quote:
If Fleetwood Mac records a new album, I wonder if Dave Stewart of the Eurythmics will be chosen to produce. Stewart has collaborated with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and Stevie.
Or Mitchell Froom, who’s worked with Mick, John, and Neil.

Actually, Neil and Mike are great producers in their own right. Why pay someone else to do something that can be managed in-house?

THE Stephen Hopkins