Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default In case you want to know the answer to: "WHAT IS A SUPPORTING LEDGIE?"

This information is actually included under the FAQ section at the top of the board (frequently asked questions):

A "Supporting Ledgie" is someone who, through a nominal contribution, helps us to meet the expenses of The Penguin and the Ledge. All contributions are either used for enhanced functionality or to offset running expenses. We pay a monthly fee for a dedicated server providing ample bandwidth, speed, and space to reliably run the Ledge and the rest of the Penguin. In addition to helping to support the site, "Supporting Ledgies" receive the following additional benefits: no banner advertising as they browse, the ability to turn off the Ebay auction listings, up to 150 private message storage capacity, a green username on the Who's Online List, their name listed on the 'View Forum Leaders' page, contribution status indicated under your username, a maximum Avatar Size of 75x75 (instead of 50x50), and the ability to be invisible on the Who's Online list.

Contributions can be conveniently and securely be made via Paypal in the Paid Subscription section of your User CP. Subscriptions can be purchased for either $6 for 6 months or $12 for 12 months. That only a dollar per month -- less than a cup of Starbucks coffee!

If you think about it, some folks here use The Ledge as their personal guidance counselor, sounding board, venting house, confessional, advice column, a place to find out where and when to purchase tickets, sell stuff on eBay, promote their school work, etc-- it seems the people that post the most could certainly come up with a buck a month for having a place to talk to others. Everyone wastes a dollar a month somewhere, even college kids--why not help with the upkeep and do something positive for everyone?
Old 03-20-2012, 08:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Is The Ledge worth 4 cents to you per day??!!

It is to me!! It takes even less than that to be a Supporting Ledgie!!

I think most of us here think The Ledge is a wonderful place for fans of Fleetwood Mac. A lot of us are here every day. Michele (michelej1) has done an excellent job. She wants to keep this site, but is losing over $200 per month trying to do that.

All of us could help to keep this site in Michele's capable hands. Please consider becoming a Supporting Ledgie!
Old 03-20-2012, 08:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just paid $6
Old 03-20-2012, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I would actually like to hear some reasons as to why more Ledgies don't contribute and become Supporters? Especially ones that are here day in and day out. It only costs a pittance!
Old 03-20-2012, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
I would actually like to hear some reasons as to why more Ledgies don't contribute and become Supporters? Especially ones that are here day in and day out. It only costs a pittance!
I have said as far as me. It's not about 12 dollars a year either. Surely we all have that. But again, news of the site either selling soon, possibly even closing, still leaves a lot unclarified as to whether or not our 12 dollars together is enough to save this site, cause it's looking to me like the heads want out from under it regardless at this point, even though they say it's against their wishes. Would hate for everyone to start paying and the site close anyway if it doesn't sell. I have no idea what is going on and seem like the only one asking real questions unless those privy on here know things from others behind the scenes that us others aren't as privileged to be aware of.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^Unless someone who is really comfortable financially buys it and can fork over the $235/month to keep it up, then it makes sense to support the site now and help out either the current owner or the future owner.

It would really suck to lose the site-the board too, but we can always discuss in other forums. It would take eons to rebuild the info that is in the site....