User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-14-2014, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
This. It's completely absurd to tour with the band under the moniker of 'On With The Show' if you secretly just want to tour the hits and fizzle out. Her wish came true, Christine came back, it's time to put up or shut up. I didn't buy 24Karat because I'm sorry, as much as a fan I am, stood in line Day 1 at record stores to buy TISL and IYD and bought all 5 albums at once after becoming a fan of the Mac, I'm not buying into the selfish crap. And there's no bias here, if I'd been a Mac fan in 87 (wasn't born yet) I would've crucified Lindsey for leaving too.

Sure, my anger will subside eventually but it just pisses me off to no end. She released an album of basically subpar material, crap that wasn't even good enough to make her other albums in the first place and stuff she forgot about long ago. Yes, some of it turned out great. That's awesome. But Christine rejoined the band. The miracle of all miracles happened. The one thing we fans never truly thought would ever happen unless Hell froze over happened. If the band has already recorded material, we know damn well there's a 90% chance they mean to finish that material and make a record so the "no clue where our mindframes will be" is bull crap. As long as the money is there, I'm sure she'd put up with the rest of the band pushing her down a flight of freakin' stairs.

She either needs to commit 100% or get out. Like the Lindsey quotes that circulated about Christine, she needed to either be in 100% or not come back, she can't just come and go as she pleases. Same can be said to Stevie. She's by far the most accomplished member outside of this band. She has one of the most legendary solo female rock albums of all time (imo) and so many Billboard hits and critically acclaimed albums. 24 Karat, in a sense, acts as a great way to put a stamp on that career so why the hell not give the Mac the same courtesy? What more as a solo act does she possibly think she can achieve? If she wants a major hit record, her best chance is with the Mac. If she's still determined on digging around for scraps because she just can't write a hit song anymore, she has plenty to give the Mac. No need to be greedy because I sure as hell ain't buying 5 volumes of Songs from the Vault.
Subpar material? Crap? That may be your opinion, which you're entitled to of course, but....

Slant Magazine, 3 out of 5 stars
Amazon, 4.5 out of 5 stars
NY Daily News, 3 out of 5 stars
Rolling Stone, 3.5 out of 5 stars
Uncut UK, 7 out of 10 stars
London24.com, 4 out of 5 stars

These are hardly subpar reviews. (They're first ones I found in the first 4 minutes or so of searching)

Fan reviews have also been overwhelmingly positive.

As far as Stevie putting out, "crap that wasn't good enough to make her other albums in the first place" - no. If you know anything about her, she CONTANTLY writes, so just because certain songs weren't released before does not mean they were crap. At least not in her case. Was "Silver Springs" crap? It didn't make it on to Rumours.

Jamie

Last edited by jkmaletic; 11-14-2014 at 08:18 PM..
Old 11-14-2014, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie1980 View Post
Most of the heavy work falls on Lindsey and the other musicians? Are you just referring to the fact that they are playing instruments and Stevie is not? Because if you think that it is easy or no work to be the lead singer and put that kind of pressure on your voice doing vocals/harmonies on 20 songs during a 2,5 hour show then you are wrong!!

In that persepctive she is under even MORE pressure than the rest of the band due to the fact that her voice is her ONLY instrument.
I believe PenguinHead was referring to making an album, not a stage show.
Old 11-14-2014, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
THAT'S when we can have our Q&A
Yeah Stevie definitely must do her 24 Kt photo exhibition and Q&A then take us both out for dinner after that session is over Stevie has a lot of making up to do after breaking our hearts.. she may as well throw in a large printed photo framed whist she is at it....
Old 11-14-2014, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Lindsey and Christine should make the best quartet album they can come up with, then let the old dingbat bring in 2-3 of her songs at the last minute. I vote 2 dingbat songs.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I think Lindsey and Christine should make the best quartet album they can come up with, then let the old dingbat bring in 2-3 of her songs at the last minute. I vote 2 dingbat songs.
Ooooooo...you are totally on my sh*t list now!!!
Old 11-14-2014, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Get her way for what? You mistake being coy for being nice.
Huh? No, she's been stringing the band along. She's refused to do a Fleetwood Mac album since 2009. In fact all she has contributed to Fleetwood Mac since 2003 was a 40-year old Buckingham Nicks outtake. She said something along the lines that the only way she would ever record with Fleetwood Mac again was if Christine was back in the band, because "we tried it without Christine, and it didn't work" (or something like that). Stevie even offered Christine $5 million to rejoin, calling Fleetwood Mac a "wasteland" without her. Now Christine is back. There's only one way for this to end in Stevie's favor. (I suspect she's working on that.)

Quote:
She doesn't want to do the album.
And you're absolutely sure about this? It couldn't possibly be a political game that involves the Stevie, the band and WB? That being said, even if she really didn't want to do the album, then she's either in or she's out. Those were the rules clearly stated under no uncertain terms to Lindsey and to Christine, and with Christine back, those rules also now apply to Stevie. The band can relevantly function without her now. There's no bullying or pressuring. That's a very consistent position on the band's part. My hunch is she understands that.

Quote:
If she said so now the press would jump all over it.
The press would jump all over it either way. "Stevie Nicks says no new Fleetwood Mac album" is as big a read as "Stevie Nicks says new Fleetwood Mac album coming."

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-14-2014, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
As far as Stevie putting out, "crap that wasn't good enough to make her other albums in the first place" - no. If you know anything about her, she CONTANTLY writes, so just because certain songs weren't released before does not mean they were crap. At least not in her case.
I want to agree with this, but I have a friend who releases 5-6 albums a year, so I'm not at all impressed that Stevie "CONSTANTLY writes" as an argument for 24KG. She could have released most of these songs over the years as b-sides, EPs, live cuts, etc. She FORGOT about most of them and had to use YouTube to find them.

Quote:
Was "Silver Springs" crap? It didn't make it on to Rumours.
But, it WAS released. It was a b-side to GYOW in 1977, was on the box set, and has been included on various "expanded editions" of "Rumours." THE only reason it got axed is that Stevie refused to prune it down so it would fit the time constraints of vinyl, THE major medium at that time. She won the battle but lost the war.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-14-2014, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie will be on this album. Anyone that has followed this band over the years knows that it is going to happen. This is the same BS that was circulating before Tango came out. Stevie is not going to let a FM album to be released without her being very much a part of it. Tango was a huge hit and she had very little presence on it, she is not going to let this happen again.........and most likely this will be their last studio album.
Old 11-14-2014, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Get her way for what? You mistake being coy for being nice. She doesn't want to do the album. If she said so now the press would jump all over it.
She's not being nice. If she said she wasn't going to record with them, it's not as if it's going to make the other band members look bad in the press. In fact, they'd welcome the backlash she'd get if she said that. So, she's not sparing FM's feelings by being demure.

Michele
Old 11-14-2014, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wasn't it Stevie who said something along the lines of "well, if [Christine] wants to be on the CD, she has to do the tour" in 2003 (because, what if one of [Christine's] songs became a hit), after Christine offered a few songs to Mick for what became SYW?

Why, then, would the band be out of line by saying "well, if Stevie wants to be on the tour, she has to do the album"?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-14-2014, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
Subpar material? Crap? That may be your opinion, which you're entitled to of course, but....

Slant Magazine, 3 out of 5 stars
Amazon, 4.5 out of 5 stars
NY Daily News, 3 out of 5 stars
Rolling Stone, 3.5 out of 5 stars
Uncut UK, 7 out of 10 stars
London24.com, 4 out of 5 stars

These are hardly subpar reviews. (They're first ones I found in the first 4 minutes or so of searching)

Fan reviews have also been overwhelmingly positive.

As far as Stevie putting out, "crap that wasn't good enough to make her other albums in the first place" - no. If you know anything about her, she CONTANTLY writes, so just because certain songs weren't released before does not mean they were crap. At least not in her case. Was "Silver Springs" crap? It didn't make it on to Rumours.

Jamie
You overlooked a certain bit, namely this;

"Yes, some of it turned out great. That's awesome."

However my comment still stands; this is subpar material she skimped over for years as b-sides, soundtrack releases, even boxsets like Enchanted or collections such as Timespace or Crystal Visions. They are and were subpar material that she either made meh or great.

Plus, most of these songs she completely forgot about, I'm sure. She would, however, never forget the Silver Springs fiasco for even a day.
Old 11-15-2014, 01:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Huh? No, she's been stringing the band along. She's refused to do a Fleetwood Mac album since 2009. In fact all she has contributed to Fleetwood Mac since 2003 was a 40-year old Buckingham Nicks outtake. She said something along the lines that the only way she would ever record with Fleetwood Mac again was if Christine was back in the band, because "we tried it without Christine, and it didn't work" (or something like that). Stevie even offered Christine $5 million to rejoin, calling Fleetwood Mac a "wasteland" without her. Now Christine is back. There's only one way for this to end in Stevie's favor. (I suspect she's working on that.)

And you're absolutely sure about this? It couldn't possibly be a political game that involves the Stevie, the band and WB? That being said, even if she really didn't want to do the album, then she's either in or she's out. Those were the rules clearly stated under no uncertain terms to Lindsey and to Christine, and with Christine back, those rules also now apply to Stevie. The band can relevantly function without her now. There's no bullying or pressuring. That's a very consistent position on the band's part. My hunch is she understands that.

The press would jump all over it either way. "Stevie Nicks says no new Fleetwood Mac album" is as big a read as "Stevie Nicks says new Fleetwood Mac album coming."
There's only one way for this to end in Stevie's favor.

Huh? Who are you - Hitler? Talk about bullying - this is it!

It could end in Stevie's favor if she just said NO. She has earned the right.
Old 11-15-2014, 01:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

If she said no, I'm leaving the band to focus on my solo career....she has earned that right. They all have. She has not earned the right to say no I'm not recording an album with the band and I'm also not leaving so that's too bad for everyone else. If they then did record and release an album without her I don't see how that's in Stevie's favor at all.
Old 11-15-2014, 02:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Yes. Yes I am Hitler.

Be that as it may, it still doesn't change the fact that Stevie will look like an ass and hypocrite if she refuses to record with the band after saying the only way she'd ever do it is if Christine came back. Well, Christine is back now. Stevie said during the press for SYW that they couldn't let Christine record with them because they couldn't take the chance that one of her songs would be a hit, and Christine wouldn't be there to play it. In other words, Stevie was saying if Christine wanted to record with the band she had tour. Why would they now change the rules of the game to appease Stevie?

Quote:
But she hasn't earned the right to play by a different set of rules that were established for Lindsey and Christine. She is either in the band or she isn't. If she DECIDES she's in, then she has to record. If she DECIDES not to record, then she has DECIDED she's NOT in the band. Big solo career aside, she's a member of the band, and has responsibilities to the band if she DECIDES to stay.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 11-15-2014 at 02:06 AM..
Old 11-15-2014, 02:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This could never end on Stevie's favor. Fairy tale ending will still be considered ruined by Stevie. Is it her right to day no? Absolutely. Is it good for get legacy ? No. Certainly not with me.