Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-26-2005, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation I think it's a safe bet...

that U2 will be playing OKC in late summer/early fall 2005 US North American tour...How could ya pass up playing in an arena that has attendance-wise outdrawn the arena's in LA/Dallas (Poor "Big-D", The concerts that USED to skip OKC no longer do now, Thus robbing TX of those Okies concert-goers dollars )/NYC for 3 years now?

I will make this prediction, If U2, do indeed play the Ford Center, That show will sell-out in hours (If not minutes) and annililate the records for attendance (George Strait) and box-office gross (Brit-Kneed Speared) for our two and a half year old arena.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 01-26-2005, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
that U2 will be playing OKC in late summer/early fall 2005 US North American tour...How could ya pass up playing in an arena that has attendance-wise outdrawn the arena's in LA/Dallas (Poor "Big-D", The concerts that USED to skip OKC no longer do now, Thus robbing TX of those Okies concert-goers dollars )/NYC for 3 years now?

I will make this prediction, If U2, do indeed play the Ford Center, That show will sell-out in hours (If not minutes) and annililate the records for attendance (George Strait) and box-office gross (Brit-Kneed Speared) for our two and a half year old arena.
I can only imagine. I only get 2 chances at seening them (IF they play Kansas City, and OKC) I know KC sold out very fast in 2001 I can only imagine how OKC will do.
I know the $50 floor seats will go fast. In minutes.. ONly 2 per coustomer. JESUS! I need at least 3.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down I can't believe it!

I was on right at 10 a.m. for the tickets in Philly at the Wachovia Center, & no tickets were available. What a rip off! I'm so pissed! The fan club members must have bought all the tickets.

Lee
Old 01-29-2005, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Angry Unbelievable!

So I went back to ticketmaster.com & they say they added a 2nd date, Sunday, May 22nd, which I didn't even know they were doing, & I click on that & still no tickets!

OMG, this is unbelievable!

Lee
Old 01-29-2005, 11:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
So I went back to ticketmaster.com & they say they added a 2nd date, Sunday, May 22nd, which I didn't even know they were doing, & I click on that & still no tickets!

OMG, this is unbelievable!

Lee
OMG thats awful to hear
Hope you get tickets somehow.
Old 01-29-2005, 04:27 PM
Junior Ledgie

There's been a huge uproar in the fanclub about the seats that were made available for the presale. Hardly anyone was able to get general admission seats on the floor, but rather were given seats in the nose bleed sections (even if they did sign on right at 10:00 when the window opened). Something really strange happened with the presale because we were given the impression that priority seating would be available before the public sale. The fans are really upset and threatening legal action against the website and ticketmaster. Some of the fanclub members weren't even able to get tickets because the alloted number were already sold out. A massive amount of tickets are going to start showing up on ebay any day now from scalpers etc, who bought them in huge quantities only to sell them at outrageous prices to make a profit.

Good news though, according to the website, more dates are going to be added to the tour besides the additional dates to Philly, Chicago etc. Rumour has it that more dates will be added for Madison Square Garden (since they're only playing one show there) sometime in the fall after they finish up touring in Europe, so maybe this means the band will do a second leg in the states later this year. Hopefully the next time around tickets will be more readily available to all of us!

~Megan
Old 01-29-2005, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Gee, A problem with the system...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine80
There's been a huge uproar in the fanclub about the seats that were made available for the presale. Hardly anyone was able to get general admission seats on the floor, but rather were given seats in the nose bleed sections (even if they did sign on right at 10:00 when the window opened). Something really strange happened with the presale because we were given the impression that priority seating would be available before the public sale. The fans are really upset and threatening legal action against the website and ticketmaster. Some of the fanclub members weren't even able to get tickets because the alloted number were already sold out. A massive amount of tickets are going to start showing up on ebay any day now from scalpers etc, who bought them in huge quantities only to sell them at outrageous prices to make a profit.

Good news though, according to the website, more dates are going to be added to the tour besides the additional dates to Philly, Chicago etc. Rumour has it that more dates will be added for Madison Square Garden (since they're only playing one show there) sometime in the fall after they finish up touring in Europe, so maybe this means the band will do a second leg in the states later this year. Hopefully the next time around tickets will be more readily available to all of us!

~Megan
big surprise there ...Trust me, ANY ticket broker/dealer/scalper would easily pay the $40 fee to join the fan club to get the best tickets to offer for more than the original price.

This mess sounds like 'another fan club' mess that happened in 2003 with a band on a large US tour when the fan-club screwed about 95% of their members...I just cant seem to recall that band's name at the moment, Something like Fleecewood Flac or something similar

Glad I did not join the U2 fan club, I will get possible OKC tickets this summer/fall the ol' tried and true way as I have for all concerts I have ever seen (Without having a bad seat or paying extra $$$$ to some money grubbin' ass-hat-tard!!!)

Hopefully y'all who are in their fanclub can get this problem fixed and receive the tickets ya deserve!!!

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."

Last edited by estranged4life; 01-29-2005 at 04:53 PM..