The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-09-2009, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Great to hear all of you all's stories!!! Thanks for sharing!!

All I can say is that if I was alive, I would have been there!!!
Old 08-09-2009, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldDustBoy View Post
OMG, when she says: "It's called Landslide" it sounds like she's about to cry :'(
There was a little foldout blue brochure given out at the concert that had a bunch of donors' names on it, plus Fleetwood Mac's names, the penguin & the baseball, & Robin's dates, along with a dedication.

Glenn Frey sang his beautiful hit "The One You Love" during his set.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-09-2009, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
You had a very odd reaction...were you afraid she was going to eat your hand?
The visual to this isn't pleasant. But no . . . she doesn't generally eat hands.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I saw the Mirage tour on September 15, 1982 at The Worcester Centrum. I had floor seats in the second row, second section not the front section. The seats sucked but what was to happen later that night made up for it.

To be totally honest I don’t remember much about the show so I am going to fast forward to what happened after the show.
I was 17 at the time and it was my dream to get to meet Stevie. I went with a friend and her brother and we decided to wait at one of the stage doors after the show. There were a few other fans hanging there too and we had a pretty good time chatting. After about an hour a few people walk by us and go “we met Fleetwood Mac” and we were all like yeah OK whatever. So they proceed to tell us that a door that goes backstage is unlocked. So, the group of us that had been waiting went over to that door and sure enough it opened and we walked right in! No security at all. I guess since it was only the second show at the Centrum that security was a bit lax.
Anyway has we walked in a certain someone was walking to their limo. Yep, Stevie Nicks walked right by us! So, I express my disappointment to my friend and she suggests that I call her so I did. I yell out “Stevie Nicks” and she stops and turns around.
So now I have to go up to her and I am totally freaking out. My friend goes up to her first and just says that she thinks the show was great and that she was a great singer, blah blah and Stevie just kept saying “thank you.” So while this exchange is happened I am trying to rack my brain for something intelligent to say to Stevie. Uh didn’t happen. I wanted Stevie to know that I liked her a lot more than my friend did so I grabbed Stevie’s arm and tell her “I love you!” to which she replied “I love you, too.” So now a few of the other people who walked in with us proclaimed “I love you, Stevie!” So Stevie says, “ oh I love everyone, really I do!”
Now Stevie is at her limo and she gets in and one of the fans asks Stevie for an autograph and Stevie replys “oh I don’t know if they’ll let me do this” while she is looking all around like she is going to be in serious trouble if she does this. I found that part to be very odd. So, Stevie takes the small notebook and pen from the girl and everyone sort of yells out their names. Stevie starts signing and flipping the pages like a maniac. Stevie gives the girl back the notebook and we get our autographs. I got something that starts with a “P” but I don’t think it says “Pattie” oh well. LOL
Stevie’s limo drives away and Stevie makes the stuffed animals she received wave bye bye to us. LOL After Stevie left a few others said that Christine had already left a while ago. I don’t know if any of the guys were still there but I really didn’t care. I only had an interest in Stevie at the time and it was already very late.
So that was my meeting Stevie story. I forgot to add that Stevie had her hair up in a black top hat with a yellow scarf around it and her hair looked very damaged. She had on a black shiny top and a black mini skirt with fish net nylons and high heeled open toe black shoes. She looked hot but she was high as a kite and being young I didn’t understand. I was excited to get to meet her but the drug part sort of made me have a little less love for her. I knew she was rather promiscuous which didn’t really bother me (unless it was with a married man) but being a drug addict I thought was the lowest. I got over it because everyone in rock and roll was on drugs and I figured at least Stevie was nice to us and probably a nice person.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just wanted to thank all of you for taking the time and posting some really grand pictures!!!! Classic FM right there for ya!
Old 08-10-2009, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Pattie,

Your whole story was great, but to me the cutest part when when she made her stuffed animals wave goodbye.

Michele
Old 08-10-2009, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
I saw the Mirage tour on September 15, 1982 at The Worcester Centrum. I had floor seats in the second row, second section not the front section. The seats sucked but what was to happen later that night made up for it.

To be totally honest I don’t remember much about the show so I am going to fast forward to what happened after the show.
I was 17 at the time and it was my dream to get to meet Stevie. I went with a friend and her brother and we decided to wait at one of the stage doors after the show. There were a few other fans hanging there too and we had a pretty good time chatting. After about an hour a few people walk by us and go “we met Fleetwood Mac” and we were all like yeah OK whatever. So they proceed to tell us that a door that goes backstage is unlocked. So, the group of us that had been waiting went over to that door and sure enough it opened and we walked right in! No security at all. I guess since it was only the second show at the Centrum that security was a bit lax.
Anyway has we walked in a certain someone was walking to their limo. Yep, Stevie Nicks walked right by us! So, I express my disappointment to my friend and she suggests that I call her so I did. I yell out “Stevie Nicks” and she stops and turns around.
So now I have to go up to her and I am totally freaking out. My friend goes up to her first and just says that she thinks the show was great and that she was a great singer, blah blah and Stevie just kept saying “thank you.” So while this exchange is happened I am trying to rack my brain for something intelligent to say to Stevie. Uh didn’t happen. I wanted Stevie to know that I liked her a lot more than my friend did so I grabbed Stevie’s arm and tell her “I love you!” to which she replied “I love you, too.” So now a few of the other people who walked in with us proclaimed “I love you, Stevie!” So Stevie says, “ oh I love everyone, really I do!”
Now Stevie is at her limo and she gets in and one of the fans asks Stevie for an autograph and Stevie replys “oh I don’t know if they’ll let me do this” while she is looking all around like she is going to be in serious trouble if she does this. I found that part to be very odd. So, Stevie takes the small notebook and pen from the girl and everyone sort of yells out their names. Stevie starts signing and flipping the pages like a maniac. Stevie gives the girl back the notebook and we get our autographs. I got something that starts with a “P” but I don’t think it says “Pattie” oh well. LOL
Stevie’s limo drives away and Stevie makes the stuffed animals she received wave bye bye to us. LOL After Stevie left a few others said that Christine had already left a while ago. I don’t know if any of the guys were still there but I really didn’t care. I only had an interest in Stevie at the time and it was already very late.
So that was my meeting Stevie story. I forgot to add that Stevie had her hair up in a black top hat with a yellow scarf around it and her hair looked very damaged. She had on a black shiny top and a black mini skirt with fish net nylons and high heeled open toe black shoes. She looked hot but she was high as a kite and being young I didn’t understand. I was excited to get to meet her but the drug part sort of made me have a little less love for her. I knew she was rather promiscuous which didn’t really bother me (unless it was with a married man) but being a drug addict I thought was the lowest. I got over it because everyone in rock and roll was on drugs and I figured at least Stevie was nice to us and probably a nice person.
I'm crazy jealous of you haha
Old 08-10-2009, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristochango View Post
I'm crazy jealous of you haha
I definitely second that. What a cool story!
Old 08-11-2009, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Pattie,

Your whole story was great, but to me the cutest part when when she made her stuffed animals wave goodbye.

Michele

Ditto what she said.

That action sets Stevie apart from the Rock Diva Stories.

Thanks Pattie for posting.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is a side note of sorts...

After the tour, they released the Mirage tour video (which didn't include the entire concert). I recall that most of the reviews commented on the Sisters of the Moon performance. All noted that Stevie was in such bad shape that she couldn't finish the song, so Lindsey had to step in and sing it. "Some call her sister of the moon/some say illusions are her game/they like to wrap her in velvet/does anyone know her name."

This never made any sense to me; as I understood it, that was a planned arrangement of the song. It had nothing to do with Stevie being too tired! The reviews neglect to say that Stevie finishes the song (and the show) just fine.

This comes to mind because I've been listening to a few Mirage era concerts, and Lindsey sings that verse in every performance. How could it be that she would lose it before that verse at every show? It just goes to show how the media really defaulted to assuming the worst.

Granted, those assumtions (spelling right? I wish spell check was here!) sometimes bear some truth, but not in this case.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 08-11-2009 at 08:56 PM..
Old 08-11-2009, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post

This comes to mind because I've been listening to a few Mirage era concerts, and Lindsey sings that verse in every performance. How could it be that she would lose it before that verse at every show? It just goes to show how the media really defaulted to assuming the worst.

Granted, those assumtions (spelling right? I wish spell check was here!) sometimes bear some truth, but not in this case.
Hey, now I'm beginning to think Lindsey sings "lightning strikes maybe once, maybe twice" because Stevie is physically unable to do it.

The reviews are funny. Even during this tour, some media and many fans are fooled into believing the Sara clutch is spontaneous.

Michele
Old 08-13-2009, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Hey, now I'm beginning to think Lindsey sings "lightning strikes maybe once, maybe twice" because Stevie is physically unable to do it.

The reviews are funny. Even during this tour, some media and many fans are fooled into believing the Sara clutch is spontaneous.

Michele
Yes, singing "lightning strikes...maybe once, maybe twice" is a very physical task. Even the strongest of singers would likely suffer a physical and mental break down at the attempt! Getting through an entire Stevie song is an Olympic event - not for the faint of heart! Sing it if you dare!
Old 08-13-2009, 11:18 PM
Registered

The HBO/Forum concert wasn't originally broadcast live, was it? I'm 95% sure it wasn't, but can't remember for sure.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
The HBO/Forum concert wasn't originally broadcast live, was it? I'm 95% sure it wasn't, but can't remember for sure.
It was broadcast live on Showtime in early 1983 ..was never on HBO.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:49 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
It was broadcast live on Showtime in early 1983 ..was never on HBO.
Thank you for clarifying re: Showtime.. although it couldn't have been broadcast "live" in 1983.