Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-20-2013, 10:33 PM
Ledgie

Default Question about Grammy's Rumours era

So sorry if I am writing this in the wrong spot. I am brand new and I have a lot of pages to look over. I am about to die to ask a question about a book I am reading. It's the Carol Anne Harris book. I am sure somewhere on this site, it has been talked about, but I could not find it. I am at the part in the book where she is describing the incident that took place at the Grammy's with Lindsey. She claims Lindsey walked up the steps all by himself with wabble legs due to taking something and just being stoned, and no one from the band helped him and they all stood way back and just stared ta him. I saw this clip and clearly saw him walking up the steps with his legs like rubber bands, but Stevie was right beside him helping him up the stairs. Am I right? If so, then Carol Anne lied? This has bothered me for days, along with a lot of things this woman said. I can no longer find the old Grammy footage on line, that is why I am asking to make sure what I saw. Thank you, P.S. I have met Stevie years ago in Florida and have some great photos, I spent over an hour with her, but this site won't let me download them, or maybe I just have not figured out how to upload them?
Old 11-20-2013, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi, you can find endless discussion of Carol Anne Harris' book (CAH) in this thread. http://www.ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/sh...ghlight=storms

There is a file size limit for uploading photos, so people usually just put their photos in an online cloud service like Photobucket. Then, from there they post the link to the photos and the photos show up in your post.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 11-20-2013 at 11:38 PM..
Old 11-20-2013, 10:59 PM
Ledgie

Thank you so much
Old 11-20-2013, 11:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi Wynne, welcome to the ledge cant wait to see your photos and feel free to share your 1 hour Stevie encounter details please
Old 11-21-2013, 02:53 AM
Ledgie

Default My Stevie story

I kind of touched on it a tad on the carol Anne Harris post I was linked. I was young so I had no idea what adults were really up to, but my Mom had a great friend, Barbara, and she invited my Mom to go to a Tusk rehearsal because we were in town visiting Barbara. I had always listened to my Mom talk about FM, stevie other band at that time etc, and she played the music and I just thought she was some fairy goddess. On this night I some how got to go. Stevie had 3 girlfriends there and they sat with us for about an hour. She was very jumpy and full of energy and buzzed around like a bee. Talking, talking, lots of laughing. I was really taken back because I had never met a woman or a human being like this, plus I was freaked out that I was meeting what I thought was a fairy goddess. They talked about things I did not really understand, girl talk and things that went over my head. There were a lot of people coming to the table and running off etc., Stevie hugged me and took a tiny piece of my hair and braided it for about 60 seconds and said you look like you could be my little sister and she hugged me and smelled my hair and said "Sweet as honey". She smelled a little tiny bit like cig. smoke, a little like alcohol but a very heavy wonderful perfume underneath. I don't even know if I could describe the scent, but it was very unusual and I have NEVER smelled a scent like that before since and I have tried because it was so far out there and unusual. Her hair smelled like wheat,a very clean smell with a hint of whatever exotic perfume she had on and very soft, she had it up and then later she took it down. Everyone was smoking so that's probably why she had a little smoke on her. I remember her hands and wrists being as small as mine, and I was a little girl. She did not stop talking, smiling and laughing the whole time. She had long nails painted red and tons of delicate jewelry on but no boots, she had on colored painty hose with strap on heels, and she was just magical. Everything she is to everyone's eyes.. Here is the wild thing, Everyone has a hard time with this but it is the truth.... After some time went on Stevie and her 3 friends left the table and I have no idea where they were, I was watching all the crazy adults etc. I had to use the little girl's room. Barbara pointed and told me to go down the hall and where to find the bathroom. When I went down the hall and turned the corner, alone, there was Stevie, leaned against the wall with one of her shoes in her hand, she was on her tip toes, kissing Lindsey. I quickly went into the bathroom. Came out, told my Mom and Barbara, and Barbara just smirked and my Mom explained it later to me. My Mom had a friend come get me when it was getting late so I only saw a few songs they sang. At the time I had no idea about the big dynamic of her and Lindsey or their status etc. Through the years and my Mom telling me I realized Stevie and Lindsey were broken up and he was with Carol at the time. So that was my one tiny epic moment in life. One thing I noticed is she was different from all the other women there. Everyone would be dead silent when she spoke. She had a real other worldy feel about her that I felt even as a small girl. I remember thinking, I want to be just like her when I grow up. She also talked in a sweet baby voice when she spoke to me. She gave my Mother's friend some type of rock if I remember correct. She was A very animated woman. She spoke briefly to me about music and I told her I danced to her songs and she just said sweet things to me, but she was having 20 conversations going at the same time. I wish I would have been an adult when I met her. I would have fired off a million questions. That's about it. I do have photos of me and her and of the night, I can share them if told where to put them, like which post,thread. I commented on the Harris post because I am reading the first part of her book and I found a few possible lies that I thought hardcore FM fans could clear up. I had no idea there were several books out there so I just finished Ken's book and now I have carol's book and Mick's left to read. I was a huge fan of FM but after Tusk and her first solo album I lost interest some what, but it all came back this past year for some reason and I am now trying to catch up on everything and fell in love with them all over again. I hope no one was wanting a huge epic story to share but it was epic for me. more so now that I am older. That's about it. Now I have weeks to read everything on this board, what a task!
Old 11-21-2013, 04:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^ Great anecdote, thanks for sharing!
So Stevie was kissing Lindsey backstage on the Tusk tour? Interesting! If only Carol Ann had written about that
I would love to see your photos, you can upload them to Imgur, Tinypic, Photobucket or similar sites and post the direct link in this thread

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 11-21-2013, 05:21 AM
Ledgie

My son is going to upload them for me. I have no clue how to do it. I will have him up load them on this thread then
Old 11-21-2013, 07:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Great story, thanks so much. I've always felt there was so much more with Stevie and Lindsey. Those were definitely crazy days. As for Carol, I think she was overdramatic and wanted a good story for her book. It's based on fact, but embellished and I think she wanted to put Stevie in a bad light. I saw the grammy footage also and you can see it's not quite like Carol made it out in her book.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 11-21-2013, 07:13 PM
joe

I believe it was the American Music Awards that Lindsey was F'd up on something and later (or earlier that night) puked in Dick Clark's office right in front of him. Was just emailing a friend about this and found their award acceptances on youtube. It's been on there for a while...

It's at about the 2:20 mark that Lindsey stumbles up the stage:

Old 11-21-2013, 07:21 PM
Ledgie

Default Carol lied then

So I was right Steve helped him up the stairs and Carol's whole story was wrong. There is this footage, clearly she had access to it, so why the lie?
Old 11-21-2013, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynne View Post
So I was right Steve helped him up the stairs and Carol's whole story was wrong. There is this footage, clearly she had access to it, so why the lie?
Welcome to The Ledge

I don't think she thinks she lied. I think she truly believed it went the way she wrote it. She probably wished that Stevie would just go away (maybe even more than once) and in her mind she did (only she didn't).

BTW, great story about meeting the band in 1979. Thanks for sharing!

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 11-21-2013, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynne View Post
Well, that was the AMAs. Lindsey walked up with Christine at the Grammy's. Either way, she was wrong.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-21-2013, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Who is the guy who is co-presenting with Nancy Wilson?

I must admit my pleasure at seeing her so excited about Mac winning. She's one of my favorite singers.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Who is the guy who is co-presenting with Nancy Wilson?

I must admit my pleasure at seeing her so excited about Mac winning. She's one of my favorite singers.
It is Ricky Nelson--love these old clips/ trips down memory lane!
Old 11-21-2013, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for sharing your wonderful story Wynne