User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-09-2013, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldDustBoy View Post
I went to Cologne with my mum to see the show. Just as we got there we found out that the biggest food festival in the world was taking place on the day of the concert, and the next couple of days. We ended up spending a ridiculous amount of money for a hotel room, but we had a blast. Finally, after fifteen years of fandom, I saw the band for the first time. My mom, a Lindsey fan, was blown away by Stevie. SOTM and GDW were simply incredible. Our seats were pretty decent, but not that close to the stage, so during the second encore, when some people left to avoid the crowd, we managed to move just like 8 ft from Stevie. I was DYING!!! I wish i could see them again on this tour, but I don’t think I can afford it. Anyway, I’v got a pretty great audio recording of GDW. I wish I recorded the entire show, but I was so excited to be there, I could barely pull myself together for that one lol. I hope a complete bootleg of the show surfaces soon. For me, this was a dream come through.

GDW: http://www.fileswap.com/dl/z8oPD0zk1/
I'm glad you DIDN'T record the whole show! You got to experience it fully and give the band some energy back with your rapt attention. Awesome.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:32 PM
Senior Ledgie

Question Hey, Elle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
He's saying his mother is a Bucky fan and as a Bucky fan, was blown away by Stevie; she hadn't expected to be. (?????)

It's like being a Stevie fan and going to a FM show and being blown away by Bucky even though you're there to stare at Stevie
Exactly my take, StreetAngel86!! Elle, I wish you would try to give Stevie half a chance, but if you can't, I am asking you to please try not to bad mouth her at every turn, ok? It always makes me feel a little bad because, of course, I love her and although I know she has her quirks (understatement) does she really deserve that? May I ask why you dislike her so I can try to understand where you're coming from?

When I first came back to The Ledge, I made a few not so nice remarks about Lindsey and you called me out. I stopped making unnecessary snide remarks about him because I realized that it bothered you. You convinced me to listen to all of Lindsey's music from OOTC on. I already knew how extraordinary it was! Never cared much for the man but amazing talent is amazing talent. And, people change so I gave THE MAN another chance too. I still find him to be a bit of a diva but I also find him changed and have come to enjoy him. What do you say?
Old 10-09-2013, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
This is a good point and I have to applaud your mom. I would probably like Lindsey less, if I had not seen him live.

When I first saw FM in 1979, he really was the last thing on my mind when I went to the show. If I knew his songs, they are not the ones that stood out to me. So, his music, playing and production talent had not yet sealed the deal. It was seeing him in concert that sparked my interest and then he retained that interest.

Michele
It was just wonderful seeing my mom go completely insane during GDW. She is not a big fan of female vocalists, and on the way back from the concert she kept saying how good Stevie sounds live, and how she knew they would be good live, but never expected they would be that good. I loved them both. I loved the whole band. Its been four days since I saw them, and I am still full of happiness.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Anyway, I’v got a pretty great audio recording of GDW. I wish I recorded the entire show, but I was so excited to be there, I could barely pull myself together for that one lol. I hope a complete bootleg of the show surfaces soon. For me, this was a dream come through.

GDW: http://www.fileswap.com/dl/z8oPD0zk1/
That is a great recording, thank you very much. I don't want to compare the cologne version to others right now, I felt that this one was special, both Alex and Andrea felt that too, we were in awe. Charismatic, hypnotic, totally crazy and totally professional. Stevie has her moments. We also found Sisters of the moon fantastic, but GDW was another level.

My friends did do photos and videos, but so far, they have difficulties to make them public. I don't like recording in a concert much, it distracts you from the experience.

I just stood there, trying to absorb it all and to be absorbed by it all, if that makes any sense. First time in months that I was really just happy, being in the moment. I'm not there still, but I know that somehow the concert will make my horrible year okay for me in retrospect. And that's not because I made a good video .
Old 10-09-2013, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashingDan View Post
I'm glad you DIDN'T record the whole show! You got to experience it fully and give the band some energy back with your rapt attention. Awesome.
That is so true. This may be the only time I got to see them live, and I really wanted to experience it without any pressure of holding any kind of recording device. I just hope a bootleg appears soon, and if not, I am really happy with just being able to see them.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
He's saying his mother is a Bucky fan and as a Bucky fan, was blown away by Stevie; she hadn't expected to be. (?????)

It's like being a Stevie fan and going to a FM show and being blown away by Bucky even though you're there to stare at Stevie
i understand that, i guess i'm just so used to see the reaction you describe here than the other way around.

Quote:
It's not like he is touring all over Europe all the time, so no, she's never seen him live. Basically this ↓↓↓
true! and that's why i was so surprised, although you didn't say whether she was blown away by his performance too or he left her cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
This is a good point and I have to applaud your mom. I would probably like Lindsey less, if I had not seen him live.

When I first saw FM in 1979, he really was the last thing on my mind when I went to the show. If I knew his songs, they are not the ones that stood out to me. So, his music, playing and production talent had not yet sealed the deal. It was seeing him in concert that sparked my interest and then he retained that interest.

Michele
yep, again reaction that you usually see or hear about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiree View Post
[B]Exactly my take, StreetAngel86!! Elle, I wish you would try to give Stevie half a chance, but if you can't, I am asking you to please try not to bad mouth her at every turn, ok?
huh? i wasn't even talking about Stevie. i was surprised that there was no reaction from a bucky fan seeing him live for the first time. maybe there was a reaction but golddustboy was more interested and happy about his mom's reaction to SN who is his preferred performer, and that's why he described that.

you can read into others' posts what you want, it's your prerogative, but try not putting words in my mouth. i'm talking about music and a performance, you are talking about character of a person you don't know. big difference. if i don't like someone's music or performance, i have the right to say it. that is not bad-mouthing them, that's just an opinion on the work they do.

that said, honestly i think Stevie has been performing much much better on this tour than from what i've heard of the previous 2 FM tours. that still doesn't mean that i have to like most of her songs or her slow slow twirls that for some reason drive others delirious (while at the same time LB is doing amazing guitar solo that those people don''t even notice b/c they are so mesmerized by the slowed down twirls). i'm pleasantly surprised by European audiences choosing guitar solos over slow twirls. but whatever makes people happy, it's all good. it's entertainment, taking you away from your everyday problems!

Quote:
It was just wonderful seeing my mom go completely insane during GDW. She is not a big fan of female vocalists, and on the way back from the concert she kept saying how good Stevie sounds live, and how she knew they would be good live, but never expected they would be that good. I loved them both. I loved the whole band. Its been four days since I saw them, and I am still full of happiness.
i know the feeling! happy you had such great time and that you managed to come down close.

btw, Stevie has recently started to interact with the audience a little too, it was nice and surprising to see!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-09-2013, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i understand that, i guess i'm just so used to see the reaction you describe here than the other way around.

true! and that's why i was so surprised, although you didn't say whether she was blown away by his performance too or he left her cold.

yep, again reaction that you usually see or hear about.

huh? i wasn't even talking about Stevie. i was surprised that there was no reaction from a bucky fan seeing him live for the first time. maybe there was a reaction but golddustboy was more interested and happy about his mom's reaction to SN who is his preferred performer, and that's why he described that.

you can read into others' posts what you want, it's your prerogative, but try not putting words in my mouth. i'm talking about music and a performance, you are talking about character of a person you don't know. big difference. if i don't like someone's music or performance, i have the right to say it. that is not bad-mouthing them, that's just an opinion on the work they do.

that said, honestly i think Stevie has been performing much much better on this tour than from what i've heard of the previous 2 FM tours. that still doesn't mean that i have to like most of her songs or her slow slow twirls that for some reason drive others delirious (while at the same time LB is doing amazing guitar solo that those people don''t even notice b/c they are so mesmerized by the slowed down twirls). i'm pleasantly surprised by European audiences choosing guitar solos over slow twirls. but whatever makes people happy, it's all good. it's entertainment, taking you away from your everyday problems!

i know the feeling! happy you had such great time and that you managed to come down close.

btw, Stevie has recently started to interact with the audience a little too, it was nice and surprising to see!

During the ISA solo, she was the first to stand up from her seat, and burst into a raging applause before the song was over and it certainly was one of the highlights of the show, beside GDW. I love LB. He is a fantastic guitarist and most of the time, a great producer. I am a highly trained classical musician (opera singer-vocal coach), and as one, I have a great appreciation for flawless technical performance and execution of a musical piece, but something I appreciate above anything else is the artists ability to preserve, express and transfer the emotion through their art. Stevie is no instrumental virtuoso, but she is certainly capable of doing that through songwriting eons better then Linds, even if her songs are sometimes rudimentary as Linds once said. What she lacks in the technical part, she compensates with the ability to force you feel exactly the way she felt creating her art, and relive it through your eyes. Isn't that the sole purpose of art in general? Don't get me wrong, I don't find you a bad, irritating person at all. Quite contrary. I just don't understand your need to overanalyze everything Stevie does, so you can criticize her later every time you mention her name, and all that in front of a group of people that obviously mostly adore her. It would be much easier for you to enjoy her work with FM that you can put up with, and ignore the rest. And no, I am not one of the fans who faints of excitement every time she twirls, and wears platform boots. I am one of those fans that loves her for who she is as an artist.

Last edited by GoldDustBoy; 10-09-2013 at 09:28 PM..
Old 10-09-2013, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
That is a great recording, thank you very much. I don't want to compare the cologne version to others right now, I felt that this one was special, both Alex and Andrea felt that too, we were in awe. Charismatic, hypnotic, totally crazy and totally professional. Stevie has her moments. We also found Sisters of the moon fantastic, but GDW was another level.

My friends did do photos and videos, but so far, they have difficulties to make them public. I don't like recording in a concert much, it distracts you from the experience.

I just stood there, trying to absorb it all and to be absorbed by it all, if that makes any sense. First time in months that I was really just happy, being in the moment. I'm not there still, but I know that somehow the concert will make my horrible year okay for me in retrospect. And that's not because I made a good video .

Check your personal messages
Old 10-09-2013, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
During the ISA solo, she was the first to stand up from her seat, and burst into a raging applause before the song was over and it certainly was one of the highlights of the show, beside GDW. I love LB. He is a fantastic guitarist and most of the time, a great producer. I am a highly trained classical musician (opera singer-vocal coach), and as one, I have a great appreciation for flawless technical performance and execution of a musical piece, but something I appreciate above anything else is the artists ability to preserve, express and transfer the emotion through their art. Stevie is no instrumental virtuoso, but she is certainly capable of doing that through songwriting eons better then Linds, even if her songs are sometimes rudimentary as Linds once said. What she lacks in the technical part, she compensates with the ability to force you feel exactly the way she felt creating her art, and relive it through your eyes. Isn't that the sole purpose of art in general? Don't get me wrong, I don't find you a bad, irritating person at all. Quite contrary. I just don't understand your need to overanalyze everything Stevie does, so you can criticize her later every time you mention her name, and all that in front of a group of people that obviously mostly adore her. It would be much easier for you to enjoy her work with FM that you can put up with, and ignore the rest. And no, I am not one of the fans who faints of excitement every time she twirls, and wears platform boots. I am one of those fans that loves her for who she is as an artist.
I love this post.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
no, I am not one of the fans who faints of excitement every time she twirls, and wears platform boots.
I would be happy if she spent an entire show just twirling. She wouldn't even have to sing.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
something I appreciate above anything else is the artists ability to preserve, express and transfer the emotion through their art. Stevie is no instrumental virtuoso, but she is certainly capable of doing that through songwriting eons better then Linds, even if her songs are sometimes rudimentary as Linds once said. What she lacks in the technical part, she compensates with the ability to force you feel exactly the way she felt creating her art, and relive it through your eyes. Isn't that the sole purpose of art in general?
see, i don't get emotion from Stevie like you do. i get emotion and intensity from Lindsey. his performances provide something that you can get lost in, for me. so when someone says SN can express emotions through music "eons better than him" as an absolute truth like you did here, well... we all have different things that move us, and the right to our opinions, no? i don't feel what you do, and you don't feel what i do.

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I don't find you a bad, irritating person at all. Quite contrary. I just don't understand your need to overanalyze everything Stevie does, so you can criticize her later every time you mention her name, and all that in front of a group of people that obviously mostly adore her. It would be much easier for you to enjoy her work with FM that you can put up with, and ignore the rest. And no, I am not one of the fans who faints of excitement every time she twirls, and wears platform boots. I am one of those fans that loves her for who she is as an artist.
wow. when did we switch to personal attacks just because we like different kind of music? it's always good to have a balance. most people don't like to hear opinions that differ from theirs. but it should be healthy discussion, not jumping down people's throats, and calling them "bad" people b/c they don't like the same artist.

it would be much easier for me if LB stays solo, period.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-09-2013, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I love this post.
of course you would.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
wow. when did we switch to personal attacks just because we like different kind of music? it's always good to have a balance. most people don't like to hear opinions that differ from theirs. but it should be healthy discussion, not jumping down people's throats, and calling them "bad" people b/c they don't like the same artist.

it would be much easier for me if LB stays solo, period.
So, not considering you a bad, irritating person, and having an absolutely opposite opinion about you is a personal attack? Having many laughs (in a good way) reading your posts, while many people on his board would obviously disagree is switching to a personal attack? Lady, be aware of the fact that if i wanted to verbally attack you, you, and every other member of this board would be very aware of that. You constantly belittle Stevie's work, indirectly belittling the musical taste and opinion of the majority members of this board, you find your part a "healthy discussion" , but me calling you not bad and irritating is a major case of personal attacking? Now that's a strange approach to logic and balance... Read my post a few more times if necessary. I hope you realize I never jumped down your throat calling you bad. Quite the opposite. And stop twisting my words.

Last edited by GoldDustBoy; 10-10-2013 at 12:01 AM..
Old 10-09-2013, 11:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
see, i don't get emotion from Stevie like you do. i get emotion and intensity from Lindsey. his performances provide something that you can get lost in, for me.
that Ill give you

Quote:
so when someone says SN can express emotions through music "eons better than him" as an absolute truth like you did here, well... we all have different things that move us, and the right to our opinions, no? i don't feel what you do, and you don't feel what i do.
We are not discussing the laws of physics here, so I never mentioned nothing similar to "absolute truth", but her music does have the ability to reach much more people of different profiles. I seems you only feel we all have the right of different opinions, as long as they are close to yours. I love Lindsey, but that doesn't seem enough for you . I don't frantically follow musicians I despise, so I can trash mouth them in every given opportunity. I see no point in that. To be able to have a "healthy discussion" with you, I guess I would have to imagine her burning live on a stake every night before I go to sleep with a smile on my face. Oh, and STOP TWISTING MY WORDS.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
that still doesn't mean that i have to like most of her songs or her slow slow twirls that for some reason drive others delirious (while at the same time LB is doing amazing guitar solo that those people don''t even notice b/c they are so mesmerized by the slowed down twirls). i'm pleasantly surprised by European audiences choosing guitar solos over slow twirls.
I would say that even when Stevie was young and amazingly swift in her high heeled boots, I was not a fan of the (then) fast twirls or the high kicks.

I like her music in and of itself. In concert, I like her in the context of Fleetwood Mac shows the best. In her solo shows my favorite songs are the ones that have an edge like, well, EDGE, Sorcerer, Stand Back and GDW, because sometimes Waddy's arrangement has rocked that song harder than FM does over the years.

I would say I have been kind of mesmerized by the way she could run and jump about in the past, but the high point for me was never anything she was doing physically (although I am fascinated with what she and Lindsey and Christine do to each other physically), but it's mostly for me when her words are strange, intense and emotional like her panting, "I'm tired, I'm thirsty, I'm wild-eyed in my misery ..." that's the kind of thing that awes me, when the song delivery joins with the unique, odd emotion and message of the lyric -- which is why I always enjoy the ending of GDW. It's not the odd gyrations she does that I like, but I do enjoy the "you can't feel me. You can't see me. You can't fix me" riff.

So, I appreciate the way words join with delirious delivery. But Lindsey does it too, for instance, with Go Insane.

Christine's lyrics aren't odd like theirs can be, so it's not exactly the same. Her words don't make me think, "In one sentence you have captured a feeling that I could never articulate before." But the way Chris sings simple things does tap into feelings that I can't voice sometimes too, but in concert I think I need her with FM to get real pleasure from her live performances. I can't say that for sure though, because I did not see her solo in 1984. But I am one of those people who when attending a show nearly faint over SYLM and Over My Head and feel really nothing for Songbird and I just hate Oh Daddy live, so I definitely have those concert moments when the whole audience is into it and I'm thinking, "well, when will this be over."

Michele