User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-11-2018, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
The Harris book claims Christine witnessed the car/driveway event. And yet Christine toured behind Buckingham-McVie with this "monster." How can she justify touring with him if he was a monster? I wonder if Christine will eventually be in a spot where she will be pressed as to the "validity" of some of this backlog. How will Christine handle it. She is the one that wrote, (relating to John):

Why not think about times to come?
And not about the things that you've done?
If your life was bad to you
Just think what tomorrow will do

"Yesterday's gone." There was a time when yesterday could be somewhat washed away. But not in this day of the internet: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.

People are fickle. This drama is not even close to being over. A lot of people could be hurt. I don't relish any of it. I wish none of this happened. Didn't it seem "more better" (sic) when we were all unaware and just listened to the music?
Christine DEFINITELY witnessed the car/driveway episode....they all did. And when Mick's book came out and mentioned it and Lindsey said he made the whole thing up just to sell books, both Christine AND Stevie wanted to go to the press and say "No....this happened!" (It was Mick, however, who said "No....we know what happened, and that's all that matters.")
That said....a lot of these stories/events took place 30-35 years ago (maybe longer in some cases), when Lindsey clearly had a serious drug and alcohol problem. I really think being married and a dad has changed/mellowed him. Hatchet stories like this are pointless.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Turning this into part of "#metoo is insulting. Stevie and Lindsey have got beyond their issues on this a long time ago.
People never really get over abuse. Especially if it flares up again years later. Lindsey is no different from other abusers with anger issues, creative genius or not.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Breast by any other name...

Stevie's tits, titts, teats, breast etc...story sounds so lame
at this point. I would believe she wanted to keep them
covered up except for the photographic proof we have
from all the years past the Buckingham Nicks cover.

At this point I wish she would keep them covered.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
People never really get over abuse. Especially if it flares up again years later. Lindsey is no different from other abusers with anger issues, creative genius or not.
If, in fact, Lindsey is an abuser. There’s no doubt he had anger issues that might even have turned violent. Certainly Stevie’s reactions to him for the last several years point to trauma. But I’m wondering what the contexts are for all of this. I’m guessing Christine wouldn't have toured with him this past year if she saw him continually being abusive towards Stevie. So my guess—whatever that’s worth—is that at worst he was once mentally and possibly occasionally physically abusive to her but has since, through counseling or whatever, grown. But working alongside him must bring up all of those old feelings in her all the time. This is just a guess, obviously.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tothegypsy View Post
2 articles in WaPo, 2 days in a row, is that a first for either FM or LB? and the actual article just about Lindsey this time around.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-11-2018, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This article cites the Davis bio, which has almost universally bad reviews from anyone who follows Stevie or Fleetwood Mac.
It literally got Stevie's birthday wrong.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Stevie's tits, titts, teats, breast etc...story sounds so lame
at this point. I would believe she wanted to keep them
covered up except for the photographic proof we have
from all the years past the Buckingham Nicks cover.

At this point I wish she would keep them covered.
Obviously Stevie's body doesn't exist to please you, and is her's to do with as she pleases...but I honestly can't recall another topless photo from Stevie's career, beyond Buckingham Nicks. Is there one?
Old 04-11-2018, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tothegypsy View Post
I honestly can't recall another topless photo from Stevie's career, beyond Buckingham Nicks. Is there one?
There was a thread in the Nicks section that
showed way more than the Buckingham Nicks
cover ever did. Even including the outtakes
from that session.

I would respect her (her story) if there wasn't
overwhelming photographic proof that she enjoys
showing her ____ off.

The poor Stevie routine doesn't work on me.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
from that session.

showing her ____ off.

To be clear, any decisions she made later in her career don't retroactively change what she was feeling during the Buckingham Nicks photo shoot.
Old 04-12-2018, 12:43 AM
Senior Ledgie

I haven't been here in a long time but have to say this - there have been too many people who have described this behaviour by Lindsey, with witnesses present as well, for it all to be made up.

He's a brilliant guitar player and musical genius, but he's also been a terrible abuser.

You can't just say a woman deserved to be beaten up just because she was being annoying or difficult. Nothing justifies that sort of behaviour. I can't believe people seem to be suggesting it here? It's the sort of thinking that keeps women trapped for years in dangerous, abusive relationships - because they think 'Oh it was my fault, I set him off...'

He may have calmed down a bit now but can still be prickly at times and people who have experienced abuse can still have 'flashbacks' many years later that are traumatic. Unless you've been through it yourself you don't know how it can screw with your head.

We want to compare this with Christine and John McVie? They had a difficult breakup but I don't think I've ever seen anybody say that he did what Lindsey did.

We probably won't get one more full Mac tour or album. For God's sake it's sad maybe but not the end of the world! At this stage of their lives, they can choose to do what they see fit, with or without FM.

Last edited by Missy; 04-12-2018 at 12:50 AM..
Old 04-12-2018, 05:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
from that session.

showing her ____ off.

Got to be fair to Stevie and challenge you there...
Stevie has always been relatively modest regarding her body compared to most female performers. Yeah there was a thread showing some cleavage shots (most of them from late 80's/early 90's when she definitely did assentuate her chest) but she's never put her boobies fully on display. She's rarely worn short skirts.

It would be wrong to paint her as somebody who likes to flaunt her body.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-12-2018, 05:34 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy View Post
We probably won't get one more full Mac tour or album. For God's sake it's sad maybe but not the end of the world! At this stage of their lives, they can choose to do what they see fit, with or without FM.
That's where I'm at with this. I was shocked at the news (but at the same time...kind of surprised they made it 20 years post The Dance together). I may roll my eyes over the fact that in even in their 70's this band hasn't mellowed enough to just get along...but by the same token they're in their 70's and can --and should be able to- do whatever the heck they want.
Old 04-12-2018, 05:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Stevie lives in a fantasy on stage where the personality Lindsey delivers to Stevie on stage is what makes her happy. She cherishes those moments with him as good times. Off stage I feel is a very different story - that's where their real personalities still come at each other.

They tried their best to contain it in the Destiny Rules documentary but they eventually broke out into a fight...and who knows how many fights off-camera they had together.

I think if Stevie loved him SO much, that she would have ran to him during The Dance era - but knowing that she did not speaks louder than her words. There was a reason she didn't want to go back to him.

Now I don't think Lindsey is a monster but I think the image of what he is based on his past has been portrayed. Some fans feel that this departure is karma coming around full circle from the last time he left.

But will we ever really know the reason? I'm sure Stevie will give a speech about it on every show when she tells them how many shows they've done and how many minutes she talks in it.

I love them all as musicians, but damn.
Old 04-12-2018, 06:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I posted this in the duplicate thread. If the two threads are ever merged, this post will show up twice, so my apologies if that happens.. but since the threads haven't been merged yet, I though I would go ahead and repost my thoughts here.

------------

I hate that those stories from the Davis book are presented as coming from "her biography" as if Stevie supervised it - more accurately, it's a biography of her. We all know it is full of inaccuracies, third/fourth hand stories and questionable content. However, people will just swallow it all as truth... weak disclaimers located much further down in the article notwithstanding. I give more credence to the Harris book, although it too has its problems.

Lindsey certainly had some major issues. We know of two times he lost control and got physical with Stevie (The Tango fight and Tusk onstage). If it's true he was abusive with Carol Ann (and he was pretty messed up back then on alcohol so it's very possible), then I'm glad she got away from him. However she, and everyone else involved, have obviously forgiven him since they continued to work with him / speak fondly of him for years. As for his other faults outlined in the article, those just seem like typical moody entitled arteest crap.

I think the violent behavior is 30 years behind him now, and these kind of "hit pieces" serve no purpose.

One more thought: If you have to go back decades to find real evidence of Lindsey being a true jerk, that says something in itself. Shall we give him no credit at all for cleaning up his act? That's something the "biggest jerks" don't typically bother to do.

Last edited by sodascouts; 04-12-2018 at 06:08 AM..
Old 04-12-2018, 07:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

i don't have time to read what everyone has said here right now, but just wanted to chime in - it's definitely interesting to see what the line is on twitter accompanying the actual headline when you click on the link. it basically says - hey we should re-examine this guy who's just been wronged by his band.

that said, i think he's both, except biggest jerk is way out of line, just like he's not the most misunderstood genius either, not by a mile - but they didn't claim he was. on the other hand, there are tons of way bigger known jerks in rock, he's not even half way up the ladder. someone on facebook said maybe the headline should be changed to something like -

Rock's garden-variety jerk or misunderstood genius?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"