The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thats great! Thank you for the update Gail. I hope your email will let Christine and others know there is a serious interest!
Old 04-02-2008, 05:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
I emailed Martin Wyatt yesterday with our collected thoughts on a new official website.

Basically I think we had all come to the same conclusions and the main common items are as follows:

Biography
Discography
Photo Gallery
Downloads (inc outtakes from ITM)
Q&A
News

I mentioned that no one had asked for a discussion forum and that I realised that any participation from Christine herself may be difficult to achieve. I did say that perhaps a Q&A with a limited number of questions might be possible.

I haven't had an answer yet - he's probably seen the email and thought "oh God not her again".

I did say that I hoped it had given him some ideas and let him (and Christine)know that we would like to see a new official site.

I'll let you know when (or if) I get a response.

Gail
Thanks, Gail. It certainly can't hurt.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:48 AM

The legend lives....
Old 04-02-2008, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
The legend lives....
She is so cool.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-07-2008, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
She is so cool.
Like a menthol ciggerette... KOOL
Old 04-07-2008, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd be really happy as well to see a Chris site in full swing. As visited as an LB or SN site. If this comes along, I'd happily share some great pics I have of her.

Just as a dumb side note, I swear to you, whenever I get an FM song REALLY stuck in my head for a period of time, it's always a Chris song. I'd say I dunno why, but I figure she's the real witchy woman of FM!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 04-08-2008, 03:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarboSpeaks! View Post
I'd be really happy as well to see a Chris site in full swing. As visited as an LB or SN site. If this comes along, I'd happily share some great pics I have of her.
I'd really like to hear some of the outtakes from ITM but I don't know if that will happen.

I think we might see a new site if Mr Wyatt can agree something with Universal for ITM. If that happens then I think a new site will.

I haven't had a response from him re our suggestions.

Gail
Old 04-08-2008, 06:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I think we might see a new site if Mr Wyatt can agree something with Universal for ITM. If that happens then I think a new site will.

Gail
That's what I think too. The old site's purpose was strictly to promote ITM. I doubt that Chris really cares about having a website unless there is a reason for it( an album).
Old 04-08-2008, 06:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post
I doubt that Chris really cares about having a website unless there is a reason for it( an album).
Which is actually not very caring of her fans if we only get a website to make us part with our hard earned cash. If that is the case then she is beeing a bit naughty or Martin Wyatt is. He seemed to think there was nothing to put on it.

Gail
Old 04-09-2008, 05:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Which is actually not very caring of her fans if we only get a website to make us part with our hard earned cash. If that is the case then she is beeing a bit naughty or Martin Wyatt is. He seemed to think there was nothing to put on it.

Gail
I agree, but I just don't think the internet is a major thing with her. She admitted that she doesn't like to surf the internet. It's just a very new thing for her. I have a feeling that Mr. Wyatt has tried to push her a bit. He did buy her a new laptop a year or two ago.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post
I agree, but I just don't think the internet is a major thing with her. She admitted that she doesn't like to surf the internet. It's just a very new thing for her. I have a feeling that Mr. Wyatt has tried to push her a bit. He did buy her a new laptop a year or two ago.
Yes that's true, I'm sure she doesn't spend her spare time surfing.

The last site was specifically for ITM but they seemed to lose interest in it very quickly.

I'm sure she'd be better off with a low maintenance, informative site which would please new comers and those of us who still keep the faith.

I'd like to know what "re-working" ITM means. Probably that we're going to have to shell out for the album again to get the outtakes and demos

Gail
Old 04-09-2008, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Probably that we're going to have to shell out for the album again to get the outtakes and demos

Gail
At remastered quality, perhaps.

Michele
Old 04-09-2008, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

How many authorized musician sites are more fun or more thorough than the best fan sites?

The Christine info on the Penguin is excellent. Unless Chris herself wants to coordinate something really nice (like Lindsey's videotaped responses to fan questions) for an authorized site (& that seems to me at best a pipe dream), how would its objectives or accomplishments make it any more worthwhile than this site?

I have no idea how much Internetting Christine does. For all I know, she scopes out her bookmarked sites every morning, afternoon & evening, seven days a week. (I thought my mom had no interest in the Internet -- except for e-mail -- until I saw her Favorites folder in the browser. Can you say chock-a-block?) But based on the fraction of interaction with the public she has shown interest in in the past (like the AOL questions taken live) -- & that seems a reasonable basis on which to ascertain her interest in us, her fans -- I would conclude (reasonably again, I think) that an authorized site probably won't get off the ground, & if it does, probably wouldn't have much worth writing home about.

I think what some fans want is simply e-mail access to Christine, in which case ask Wyatt to ask Chris whether she'd agree to his posting an e-mail addy for her. He could create a new address for her, specifically for the public. She could read or respond however & whenever she wanted to -- just like any personal e-mail.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-09-2008, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I think what some fans want is simply e-mail access to Christine, in which case ask Wyatt to ask Chris whether she'd agree to his posting an e-mail addy for her. He could create a new address for her, specifically for the public. She could read or respond however & whenever she wanted to -- just like any personal e-mail.
Much as I would like that I can't see her agreeing to it - it would be far too much of an open ended arrangement.

I did ask Mr Wyatt if perhaps she might agree to answering a limited number of questions.

I'd like to see an official site if only to see if we got anything new that we hadn't seen or heard before. I suspect that there will only be a new site if there is a re-working of ITM

Gail
Old 04-09-2008, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'd like to see an official site if only to see if we got anything new that we hadn't seen or heard before. I suspect that there will only be a new site if there is a re-working of ITM
Remember how Chris filmed that "making of" for her 1984 album? Very laid back, very lowkey, very mature & solid & sensible -- it made for an enjoyable afternoon's viewing.

Christine, put something like that together again for your last album! (The only problem might be that the last album was less picturesque -- you didn't go to Switzerland to record.)

moviekinks.blogspot.com