Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-03-2004, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Do You Wear Jewelry?

I wear a chain with my Hebrew name on it, but that's it unless you count a watch. I hate rings. Hate the feel on my hands when I'm writing or working out. Plus I've lost every ring I've ever worn, including an heirloom that had caused a family feud (actually, I'm sure that one was stolen by a college girlfriend's housemate while I was in the shower ). For my Confirmation a family friend gave me a blank ID bracelet - she wasn't sure what name exactly I'd want engraved, so I was supposed to give it back to her with instructions. It's still sitting here untouched almost twenty years later. Just couldn't do the bracelet thing. I have no piercings either, so I guess you can say that I wear almost no jewelry ever.

So what jingles on you?

- Jake
Old 08-03-2004, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I usually wear my G-cleff and silver crescant moon necklaces, and I normally wear silver hoop earrings or these silver dangle-y ones with tiny faux diamonds on the end. I'm not a big fan of gold, incase it isn't obvious . Sometimes I'll wear an ankle bracelet, if I'm wearing a skirt or dress. I rarely wear rings. Sometimes I'll wear black rubber bracelets. It depends on what I'm wearing, really.

-Kate
Old 08-03-2004, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdreamsunwindx
I usually wear my G-cleff and silver crescant moon necklaces, and I normally wear silver hoop earrings or these silver dangle-y ones with tiny faux diamonds on the end. I'm not a big fan of gold, incase it isn't obvious . Sometimes I'll wear an ankle bracelet, if I'm wearing a skirt or dress. I rarely wear rings. Sometimes I'll wear black rubber bracelets. It depends on what I'm wearing, really.

-Kate
Silver is nice.

Nice to know I'm not the only ring un-fan. I'll add that toe rings look pretty uncomfortable.

- Jake
Old 08-03-2004, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

well, I wear the same earrings everyday...four loops in each ear (small loops) On dressy occassions I have dressier earrings...

Once in a while I wear rings...my mom bought me a beautiful ring w/ my birthstone on it for graduation...also I have a plain silver band as well as a spoon ring I wear...I wear the spoon ring on my left middle finger, the ring my mom gave me on my right middle finger and the band on my left pointer finger

Once in a while I also wear necklaces...either hemp or a really cool one my boyfriend gave me that was made by someone in the art department of our school...

for dressier occassions I have a silver chain that has a small treble cleff charm on it...

I'm not too fancy when it comes to jewelry....and I hate gold...I don't ever wear anything gold...
Old 08-03-2004, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna

I'm not too fancy when it comes to jewelry....and I hate gold...I don't ever wear anything gold...
Yeah, you have a pretty natural manner, which is why I think it's funny that you like Dolly so much.

- Jake
Old 08-03-2004, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Rings!

I love rings, although I don't wear them anymore, as I'm a hermit right now, working at home and never going out much. LOL I used to wear rings and necklaces to church (I'm a heathen now, as I don't attend anymore. ) but I'm not really into jewelry. I don't have any piercings, never have. I remember wearing clip-on earrings when I was around 12 or something, but that didn't last long as they hurt my ears...oh, and I looked stupid. LOL Me being a tomboy and all, that didn't fly well with me.

Rings and necklaces are okay, but only if I'm going to church, a wedding or something.
Old 08-03-2004, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

At work, I don't wear a LOT of jewelry, a pair of hoop earrings, two rings (each ring finger) and a watch.

On my off time, then yep, I wear a lot of jewelry. I have 3 piercings in each ear, so I fill those up. I wear four rings typically (both ring fingers, left index finger and right thumb), my watch and sometimes bracelets/necklaces, sometimes toe rings. Incidentally, Jake, some toe rings ARE uncomfortable and some you can't even feel you have on. And I don't wear rings when I work out. They're not good to lift weights with.

All silver, btw. I rarely wear gold, but I do put it on occasionally.

"Don't f*&k with anyone's dog and don't ever date a musician."
Old 08-03-2004, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
I love rings, although I don't wear them anymore, as I'm a hermit right now, working at home and never going out much. LOL I used to wear rings and necklaces to church (I'm a heathen now, as I don't attend anymore. ) but I'm not really into jewelry. I don't have any piercings, never have. I remember wearing clip-on earrings when I was around 12 or something, but that didn't last long as they hurt my ears...oh, and I looked stupid. LOL Me being a tomboy and all, that didn't fly well with me.

Rings and necklaces are okay, but only if I'm going to church, a wedding or something.
What, a Mac concert isn't an auspicious occasion?

- Jake
Old 08-03-2004, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I used to be into wearing jewelry but a few years ago I started having an allergic reaction to nickel so I can't wear much anymore... it takes me months to find a watch that I can wear if mine breaks because they all have metal somewhere on them that's close to the skin. I have a Lego watch that I've vowed never to part with for that reason. I wear earrings if I remember to, but more often than not I forget... Sometimes I'll wear a necklace, I have a treble clef one I wear for special occasions. I used to like to wear rings but now all they do is bother me.. I'm more of a bracelet/anklet person (if I can find any that don't have nickel in them).

a bell is not a bell until you ring it.
a song is not a song until you sing it.
love wasn't put in your heart to stay.
love isn't love until you give it away.

when life hands you lemons, stick them down your bra and make your boobs bigger
Old 08-03-2004, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Lol

Nope. I only wear jewelry when I'm dressing up...which I wouldn't do for a concert...I wanna be comfy!

I also used to wear a watch, but these days, there is no need.
Old 08-03-2004, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti
At work, I don't wear a LOT of jewelry, a pair of hoop earrings, two rings (each ring finger) and a watch.

On my off time, then yep, I wear a lot of jewelry. I have 3 piercings in each ear, so I fill those up. I wear four rings typically (both ring fingers, left index finger and right thumb), my watch and sometimes bracelets/necklaces, sometimes toe rings. Incidentally, Jake, some toe rings ARE uncomfortable and some you can't even feel you have on. And I don't wear rings when I work out. They're not good to lift weights with.

All silver, btw. I rarely wear gold, but I do put it on occasionally.
I had a colleague in Austin who wore more than you described in your off-hours. She was the total TX stereotype. Big hair, the accent, the makeup, the smile, the glitter everywhere.

- Jake
Old 08-03-2004, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianogirl04
I used to be into wearing jewelry but a few years ago I started having an allergic reaction to nickel so I can't wear much anymore... it takes me months to find a watch that I can wear if mine breaks because they all have metal somewhere on them that's close to the skin. I have a Lego watch that I've vowed never to part with for that reason. I wear earrings if I remember to, but more often than not I forget... Sometimes I'll wear a necklace, I have a treble clef one I wear for special occasions. I used to like to wear rings but now all they do is bother me.. I'm more of a bracelet/anklet person (if I can find any that don't have nickel in them).
Hey, a Swatch is easy, and no nickel, Miss Fancy Schmancy.

- Jake
Old 08-03-2004, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
Nope. I only wear jewelry when I'm dressing up...which I wouldn't do for a concert...I wanna be comfy!

I also used to wear a watch, but these days, there is no need.
I hear you. In a few days I'll have to start paying attention again to what day of the week it is.

- Jake
Old 08-03-2004, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wear and Irish stone necklace. I'm not Irish, I just like it. Supposedly, if you look through the hole in the stone at someone who's rude to you, they'll be hexed. It hasn't worked yet.

Old 08-03-2004, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
I wear and Irish stone necklace. I'm not Irish, I just like it. Supposedly, if you look through the hole in the stone at someone who's rude to you, they'll be hexed. It hasn't worked yet.
Hang on, I seem to feel my ankles twisting around.

- Jake