User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-18-2006, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default IDWTK yet again...........

Hi all,

Yet again i pester the talented guitar players on our forum. Please have a look through your wealth of tabs and see do you have the tabs to the solo on IDWTK. For some reason they are nowhere to be found on any website.

I do want to know

my best

Paul
Old 06-18-2006, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madness Fades
Hi all,

Yet again i pester the talented guitar players on our forum. Please have a look through your wealth of tabs and see do you have the tabs to the solo on IDWTK. For some reason they are nowhere to be found on any website.

I do want to know
Didn't I post the published tab for that solo here already?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-18-2006, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You sure did david, and thanks.
wasnt that the .pdf document. i think it was a scanned image.
but it was impossible to make it out.

i couldnt make head nor tail of it.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Doesn't anyone just listen to the track and play along over & over until they learn the song anymore? With CDs that should be a whole f***ing lot easier than the old days when you had to pick up the tone arm and try to hit a specific spot on the LP. I think guitarists (and to a lesser extent, bassists) have gotten WAY too overly reliant on posted tabs.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

ChiliD,

I really "hear" what your saying, i just dont have the ear for it or something. i would love to be able to just play it the way i hear it.
Also i never thought of how hard it would have been back in the days of LP's., golly.

I can barely figure out how to sturm basic three chord songs without having to know the chords. However in the last few months though, if someone tells me what key a song is in i could figure out what chords we are likely to find.

But fair play to the guys (and girls) that can play just by hearing it. i just hope someday with all my practicing i'll eventuall get that part sussed too.

paul
Old 06-19-2006, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Nobody round heres gonna make this less painless than what it already is, and just tell me the F**kin tabs.

your all at your computers sayin "he'll never learn anything if we just keep giving him all the answers"

Fair enough.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:12 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
ChiliD,

I really "hear" what your saying, i just dont have the ear for it or something. i would love to be able to just play it the way i hear it.
Also i never thought of how hard it would have been back in the days of LP's., golly.

I can barely figure out how to sturm basic three chord songs without having to know the chords. However in the last few months though, if someone tells me what key a song is in i could figure out what chords we are likely to find.

But fair play to the guys (and girls) that can play just by hearing it. i just hope someday with all my practicing i'll eventuall get that part sussed too.

paul
Boy do I ever feel the same way. I think guitarists are definitely getting lazier these days. But at the same time I would also love the tab
Old 06-19-2006, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i just dont have the ear for it or something.
What better way to TRAIN your "ear for it"-ness?
Old 06-20-2006, 07:13 PM
Senior Ledgie

I second Madness Fades. I would also really appreciate it if someone posted the tabs for this with the solo. I really suck at guitar and having never taken lessons, when I try to figure something out it usually comes out wrong. You get so used to hearing it your way (the wrong way ) that it becomes harder and harder to figure out how to play the part the correct way.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdfwiner
I second Madness Fades. I would also really appreciate it if someone posted the tabs for this with the solo.
They were posted already several months ago. I don't know why Madness had trouble reading or downloading the file--it was a standard PDF file. Someone would have to do a search on this forum's archive.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-20-2006, 07:34 PM
amber
This message has been deleted by amber.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
They were posted already several months ago. I don't know why Madness had trouble reading or downloading the file--it was a standard PDF file. Someone would have to do a search on this forum's archive.
Searched the archive but for the love of me I can't find the bloody tab. Anyone have a link?
Old 06-21-2006, 04:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah David but its gone now.

TomBanks posted a thread called Im Waiting a few months ago. and that was the thread i asked for the IDWTK tabs.
David you defo posted them. however the link to the tab has expired. this hosting site must only host the stuff for 30 days or whatever..................
not to worry though lad, dont be going to any bother.

paul
Old 06-21-2006, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdfwiner
I second Madness Fades. I would also really appreciate it if someone posted the tabs for this with the solo. I really suck at guitar and having never taken lessons, when I try to figure something out it usually comes out wrong. You get so used to hearing it your way (the wrong way ) that it becomes harder and harder to figure out how to play the part the correct way.
"Correct way"?? Why be a "copyist"? So what if you learn it a little differently than the original? Did Lindsey nag Mick for tabs to play "Oh Well" note for note like Peter Green? No.

If you don't start tapping into your OWN creativity now, you most likely never will. Learn the songs, but learn them your own way. (just know when too much is too much...Lindsey's abomination of George Harrison's "Here Comes The Sun" as a prime example)
Old 06-21-2006, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I totally get what yer sayin chilliD, I'm gonna try harder to "Tap in " and play what i here. Could be messy for the first few months. hope my girlfriend has earplugs.

however "ENOUGH ALREADY about HCTS - I like it" In fact im gonna play it now just despite you..

Here comes the sun Dut en du du ...................la la la
Old 06-21-2006, 08:29 PM
Senior Ledgie

How about all of those instrumental layers in IDWTK. I'm positive I hear a piano playing in the rhythm somewhere in the background. It also sounds like he used three different guitars in the mix. The rhythm guitar is acoustic, the lead that kind of builds up sounds like it might be a strat (?), and for the solo maybe a les paul with a lot of reverb/delay (?). That bass line carries the song though.