User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-19-2013, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
well, luckily you will never have to worry about whether or not you can feel at ease and can carry a normal conversation with Lindsey since it's Mick and not him offering these .

if i remember correctly, at the time One Take first came out, there was a lot of characterization of LB as a cadillac liberal so i don't think you'd have to worry about his political inclinations.

the one FM member i could never see myself beeing able to spend any time with is Stevie... maybe it would be ok when she was younger, but she seems to never stop talking these days. i know too many people like that in real life and don't think i'd be able to stand it for entertainment purposes too. she also seems to be someone you'd have to walk around on the eggshells ("you wouldn't say that to Bob Dylan!" comes to mind), and i'm not sure about her political views.

John definitely seems to have very different political views from what mine may be, but somehow i'm thinking i could find something to talk about with John, although from all we know he's probably the one who is the least talkative of that bunch, if you are worried about the pregnant pauses.

Christine looks like she'd be really interesting to spend some time with... but like you said, it's hard to tell, we really don't know these people outside of their public persona.

so if i had my pick of spending some time with any of the 5, it would probably be Lindsey, Christine, and Mick, in that order.
I honestly have no desire to spend time with any of them. Sure, meeting them is fun and exciting. But spending prolonged periods of time, during which you know most of them would be looking at the clock or thinking about other pressing matters, is another thing. Unless they take an active interest in you as an individual, they are being put out in a sense, and that's a terrible feeling. And other than my admiration for their music and lives, we would have pretty much nothing to talk about!
Old 02-19-2013, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I honestly have no desire to spend time with any of them. Sure, meeting them is fun and exciting. But spending prolonged periods of time, during which you know most of them would be looking at the clock or thinking about other pressing matters, is another thing. Unless they take an active interest in you as an individual, they are being put out in a sense, and that's a terrible feeling. And other than my admiration for their music and lives, we would have pretty much nothing to talk about!
not going on Mick's private jet then?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-19-2013, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
not going on Mick's private jet then?
Nope... makes more room for you.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Nope... makes more room for you.
i hate flying.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-19-2013, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Did all the M&G sell out for the UK shows? (Not that I would bother tbh) Someone said earlier that they would love to do a M&G with Christine (I know it's never going to happen but we can dream, ay) and I completely agree. Although Stevie i my favourite I'm not entirely sure if I would know what to say to her...apart from a load of stuff she probably hears on a daily basis. Whereas Christine seems pretty chilled out. Even from watching Mac interviews I've always found Christine the most interesting, her humour is very British and I like that.

AND I found out that she went to art college ten minutes from my house. If only I was born sixty years earlier hahaha.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild-heart View Post
Did all the M&G sell out for the UK shows? (Not that I would bother tbh) Someone said earlier that they would love to do a M&G with Christine (I know it's never going to happen but we can dream, ay) and I completely agree. Although Stevie i my favourite I'm not entirely sure if I would know what to say to her...apart from a load of stuff she probably hears on a daily basis. Whereas Christine seems pretty chilled out. Even from watching Mac interviews I've always found Christine the most interesting, her humour is very British and I like that.

AND I found out that she went to art college ten minutes from my house. If only I was born sixty years earlier hahaha.
only M&Gs that are available are with Mick and you can check here whether they sold out http://mickfleetwoodofficial.com/events .

we are just kidding around speculating about other members. yeah Christine looks like someone you might have fun sitting next to in the pub and bs.

(lol seems that this conversation has moved into the choosing-your-politicians by "it would be fun to have beer with this guy" territory )

Last edited by elle; 02-19-2013 at 03:27 PM..
Old 02-19-2013, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
only M&Gs that are available are with Mick and you can check here whether they sold out http://mickfleetwoodofficial.com/events .

we are just kidding around speculating about other members.
I know they're only available with Mick. I was just adding to the speculation.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree with that. Quite frankly, other than wanting to tell them to run Fleetwood Mac my way and stop making so many stupid moves, because I know best, I don't even think about talking to any of them.

I mostly think about the conversations I might have with Larry David or Ricky Gervais, but even then I'd want us to be on an equal level. I wouldn't want to approach them as one of their tv viewers and say, "Oh, I just love your work so much." I'd like to run into them in the ice cream shop and find out we have mutual complaints about the service or something. That's my daydream.

Also, I think if I saw Chaz Bono, I would tell him how much I liked Sonny, because I don't think he gets that a lot and I would say to Nigella Lawson or her children how much pleasure John Diamond gave me as he was dying of cancer and how I'd be laughing so hard every week -- and then crying. I think if I saw an opportunity to make an acknowledgment of someone who I don't think gets a lot of attention anymore, I would do that. But that wouldn't include anyone in Fleetwood Mac.

Michele
Old 02-19-2013, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Whereas Christine seems pretty chilled out. Even from watching Mac interviews I've always found Christine the most interesting, her humour is very British and I like that.

I love Christine's caustic humor, but I don't get the impression she'd be very open to a conversation. I wouldn't even try to talk to her. I'd just eavesdrop on what she was saying to someone else. I think she's very down to earth among her peers, but I don't think she's open to fans, partly because she'd feel very uncomfortable, but like it or not I do think she can be quite cold. I mean, I don't love her any less. I probably love her more because of that, but I think I'd keep my distance. Michele
Old 02-19-2013, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I agree with that. Quite frankly, other than wanting to tell them to run Fleetwood Mac my way and stop making so many stupid moves, because I know best, I don't even think about talking to any of them.
that's what i usually end up doing.

not that they ever listen.

Old 02-19-2013, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I love Christine's caustic humor, but I don't get the impression she'd be very open to a conversation. I wouldn't even try to talk to her. I'd just eavesdrop on what she was saying to someone else. I think she's very down to earth among her peers, but I don't think she's open to fans, partly because she'd feel very uncomfortable, but like it or not I do think she can be quite cold. I mean, I don't love her any less. I probably love her more because of that, but I think I'd keep my distance. Michele
Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. I liked your last post about wanting to meet people on a more personal level, not approach them as a fan. I have a friend who is OBSESSED with meeting band members but I've never been bothered. I like seeing the show then getting the train home, not see the show then wait an hour outside for them. I don't think I'd ever want to meet someone I looked up to. Everyone's different though so fair play to those one who do meet their idol.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You know, this private label experience is attractive to me, but not really because I'd feel like an insider or schmooze with Mick (as if that's an enticement). I mean it's trying to give you an artificial sense of being "one of the band," just like Vegas tries to give you an artificial sense of being in Paris, Italy or NY. The backstage lounge you'll be in, for instance, won't be the same lounge that Mick would be actually be in, if he wasn't hosting fans. Nothing is real. Still I think I could get something out of it. From a social perspective though, it would not be that comfortable.

When I first came to California, I went home for Christmas but not Thanksgiving and, of course, I missed the family gathering a bit. My friend would always invite me over for her Thanksgiving, but I would decline, because being in the midst of someone else's family (when you didn't know them) would not make me miss my family less. It would make me miss them MORE. You can't make a stranger magically not feel like a stranger. You aren't getting a real band experience with this package, you're getting a simulation. Still, I think it has its merits.

Michele
Old 02-19-2013, 05:23 PM
Registered

Quote:

When I first came to California, I went home for Christmas but not Thanksgiving and, of course, I missed the family gathering a bit. My friend would always invite me over for her Thanksgiving, but I would decline, because being in the midst of someone else's family (when you didn't know them) would not make me miss my family less. It would make me miss them MORE. You can't make a stranger magically not feel like a stranger. You aren't getting a real band experience with this package, you're getting a simulation. Still, I think it has its merits.

Michele
aptly stated. from my (limited) experience, that's exactly how you'd feel.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know they're only available with Mick. I was just adding to the speculation.
yeah i realized after i posted that i only half-read your message.

i was thinking about what "spending time" seems to mean to various people. there is a middle ground between spending a minute at a m&g and spending 3 days in Mick's plane.

one of the things i enjoy so much about going to these shows is meeting people from all walks of life that i never normally would, having dinner or lunch or breakfast with them, or a drink after the show. some of it i may enjoy more, some less... but i definitely find it interesting. so yes, the same way i may have had a dinner or a drink with several people i met through The Ledge or at the show, i would not mind having a drink with someone like Lindsey or Christine. it may turn out to be interesting, or not, but i cannot say that i would not want to do it. even if they refused the actual drink like Lindsey did when mylittledemon bought him that bourbon.

Last edited by michelej1; 02-19-2013 at 05:39 PM..
Old 02-19-2013, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry, Elle, I messed up your post. I was trying to reply.

I don't like having drinks with people either.

That's why I only went through the meet and greet once for unleashed and after that Cory gave me my tickets and goodie bag separately and I didn't talk to anyone else after that.

With this private-label experience though you get to and from the first stops on your own. After that you only travel with Mick from Boston to Toronto or from Las Vegas to Los Angeles. That doesn't give you a lot of time to kill at all.

Michele