The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-06-2004, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile Does FM really listen to their fans?

I was just curious - I wonder if Lindsey, Stevie etc. listen to their fans at the concerts? For instance, I know I sometimes get annoyed when drunk people or people who don't know what the hell is going on yell out "Landslide" or "Leather and Lace" at a SYW concert - 1) not knowing that Landslide will be played and 2) that Leather and Lace is not a FM song.

That being said, my question is I wonder if they listen when fans yell out names of songs that are kind of obscure...like "What Makes You Think You're the One?" (I know ledgies have done this) and think to themselves "hey, somebody knows that song!" Well, my opinion is I think they do. Assuming that none of them read any fan boards - the only way they probably know what the fans want is from the concerts and from fans talking to them and telling them "hey, why don't you do this song?" I think that is the reason they are doing some obscure songs this time around.

Anyway, I think fans should yell out obscure songs at the concerts. Even though they won't be playing them this tour - if they go on tour again or even songs that we want to hear on an FM or solo album like "Down on Rodeo" etc. I wonder if anyone yells out "Without You" Lindsey and Stevie might think "WTF, somebody knows that song, maybe we should do it on the next album!" I'm half tempted to yell out some obscure Stevie demos, like "Knocking on Doors" and see if she gets a hint.

Of course it would get annoying if fans were doing this the entire concert, but maybe once or twice would be cool. And if alot of fans yelled out the same one or two songs - think of what that could do. I seriously think it would sink in and possibly appear on a future album. Sorry for the ramble, but that is something I've been thinking about for awhile.

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 05-06-2004, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Lol!!

"I Know I'm Not Wrong!!!" - Gerald (shackin'up)

Well, Lindsey seemed very surprised by people's copies of the BN album, so I don't really know how schooled they are in what the die hards wanna hear. Sometimes, I think they know more than we think, then at other times, they probably don't really know anything.
Old 05-07-2004, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ive noticed that too Christy..that the band seems kinda surprised people have Buckingham/Nicks so I dont think they really know the extent of some of their hard core fans', fandom...ya know what I mean?

Chris