Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-18-2003, 02:00 PM
Senior Ledgie

Smile Another Atlantic City Review

OH. MY. GOD. Last night totally exceeded any and all expectations I had.

I went to Boardwalk Hall last night with Marissa (GardenStateGirlie) and her friend Steve. We also met up with Janet and her best friend while there. We had such a great time and rather than try to remember everything at once, I'll break things down song by song.

The Chain - Great as always, but like I will say several times, I missed Christine. I have a problem with them performing this song because it's written by and about all FIVE of them and it's not right if only FOUR people are there.

Dreams - I was sick of this song for a really long time but I'm starting to enjoy it again after all these years.

Peacekeeper - Once Lindsey said "Here's one from the new album," 95% of the crowd sat down. The three of us remained standing though and sang along. It really is a great song and more people would've had the same reaction they did if they actually went out and bought the new album. There were people in the souvenir line who had no clue about there being a new album and it fustrated me to no end.

Eyes of the World - Definitely missed Christine here. The new drum and guitar intro does not compare to Lindsey and Christine's version of Pachibel's "Canon". Otherwise the song was full of energy much like the entire show.

Rhiannon - One of the better live versions I've heard. Stevie was SO on tonight. I've seen her three times previously and this was her best performance to date.

Come - Lindsey Buckingham is a god. I was sooooooo ready to jump him during this song. Shhh, don't tell John ;o) Anyways, this bitch behind us actually grabbed my friend Marissa's pants and yelled at her to sit down. Hey, Marissa paid 150 bucks for her ticket, she has the right to stand if she wants to. I sat as well, but I didn't stop moving. Lindsey's guitar work just has this way of getting inside you. So amazing it and he is.

Gypsy - Definitely one of the finest Buckingham/Nicks moments musically. Just a beautiful song. I loved seeing the clips from the video projected behind the band.

Landslide - OH. MY. GOD. This song was the cause of the moment I was absolutely freaking out about. The song was lovely but the best part was after the traditional hug and a kiss on the head at the end. As Stevie was walking away, Lindsey still had her hand and he pulled her towards him and planted a deep kiss right on her lips. Obviously Lindsey's wife was NOT there last night because he usually would've NEVER done this. It was amazing...those two, as much as they deny it, belong together and will be again evenutally.

Say Goodbye - I am totally loving this song. It definitely put a tear in my eye last night. I just wish more people would listen to the new stuff so they'd embrace it as much as the 25 or so people in the crowd who already were.

Beautiful Child - I love that they're playing more stuff from "Tusk" FINALLY. Stevie did a lovely job with the song and had a lot of people tearing up by the end.

Second Hand News - This replaced Running Through The Garden on the setlist after the first concert. I've always loved hearing it in concert because it always gets the crowd up and moving. And besides, who doesn't love Lindsey Buckingham yelling "Do it, do it, DO IT!"?

Gold Dust Woman - Stevie brought out both of her capes tonight and did a captivating version of this song. She did her pose at the end as usual and did the scream - which I was totally happy about. I cannot begin to say how much she rocked last night, really.

I'm So Afraid - Definitely Lindsey's showstopper piece. So godlike, so sexy, so talented. Easily one of the greatest guitarists in rock and roll by far. His solos just cut right through you and hit you right in the heart and there is no better feeling.

Silver Springs - Again, missing Christine and her piano here. I love the song to death but it really needed the Christine touch.

Tusk - Also, needed the Christine touch on the accordion. The percussion section was totally working it though and Lindsey was screaming his head off. Again, loved clips from the video showing up on the screens behind the band.

Stand Back - The BEST freaking version of Stand Back that I've EVER heard. So totally freaking wonderful. Holy freaking hell it was great. I'm sorry for the random babbling but it was SOOOOOOOOOOO good! As I said, Stevie was rocking tonight and she had the cape and the twirling action going on. Carlos and Neale (the backup guitarists) were totally going at it too. The whole hall (despite how small it is) was totally rocking because of her.

Go Your Own Way - This song always takes on another dimension live, with Lindsey singing at Stevie for the majority of it. The rhythm section was also on last night, but then again, they always are.

World Turning - By now I was starting to miss Christine more and more. I just did NOT like Stevie singing her parts, but my indignation got worse later. But it is the ultimate Fleetwood Mac jam song and despite the warnings, Mick's drum solo wasn't as long as expected. He has a vest with electronic sensors in it that play different drum parts or sound effects and the like. The best part though was the sensor near his crotch played a clip of Lindsey screaming. It was totally hilarious. I guess I found the trick on how to get Lindsey - grab Mick's crotch. Hehehe.

Don't Stop - While I love this song with all my heart and believe in it, I refuse to recognize that they're doing this without Christine. Lindsey of course did well on his verse but Stevie SUCKED on Christine's part...no one was made to sing Christine's part on Christine's song but her. And the piano solo? Forget it. Brett's keyboard sounded almost out of tune...the solo was too high and way too short and not Christine-esque. I sure hope they got her permission to do this song because otherwise, I'd be really pissed they butchered it.

Goodbye Baby - During the break between Don't Stop and this, we managed to sneak our way up to the 12th freaking row as (stupid) people were leaving. I felt as if I could reach out and touch the band we were so close. Marissa, a girl in front of us and two gay guys behind us stood on their chairs and some guy was about to kill them for doing so. But it was the last song, what could he really do to them? It was beautiful and a lovely end to an amazing show. I missed Songbird, but it was probably better that that didn't happen because I would've started bawling like a baby.

All in all, a fantastic show. I don't know whether to rank it 2nd or 3rd out of the three Fleetwood Mac shows I've seen. 3rd only because Christine wasn't there. It was such a great night and I'm so thankful I was able to go. Definitely worth it.

Ali
Old 05-18-2003, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the review! Sounds like you had a great time...plus yes I feel for all the diehard Chris fans..but it IS a great show!

Tamara

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." --Eleanor Roosevelt

"Maybe now he could prove to her... That he could be good for her... And they should be together.." --SN
Old 05-19-2003, 02:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I'm glad she's gone