User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-29-2015, 10:29 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, who knows what she does at night. Pony tail or hair net? Then some kind of night time moisturizer for the face. Lip balm.

Michele
It would drive me crazy to have to deal with all of that hair every night. Poor girl!
Old 11-30-2015, 12:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Those curlers were just used to set her hair. She wouldn't sleep in those.

Michele
Then I'd have to think about it.

At the risk of embarrassment, may I ask what's
the hot-water bottle for?

I suppose I could "Google" it - but why not take
a chance.
Old 11-30-2015, 08:04 AM

10 Years Ago: Aerosmith, Eagles, Tom Petty Play $10 Million Bat Mitzvah
By Jeff Giles November 27, 2015 11:12 AM

Aside from the three aforementioned acts, Brooks also hired Stevie Nicks, Kenny G, Ciara, and 50 Cent, all of whom were paid anywhere between $500,000 and $2 million and shuttled to the event on Brooks’ corporate jet.

Read More: 10 Years Ago: Aerosmith, Eagles, Tom Petty Play $10 Million Bar Mitzvah | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/aeros...ckback=tsmclip
Old 11-30-2015, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post

a chance.
Sometimes you can just use it for a bedwarmer. sometimes if you have a stomach ache, it can help soothe that. It's good for cramping. Or you can put it any place where you might put a hot pack. For instance, if you put a hot pack on your back, neck or knee, you could do the same with a hot water bottle.

Michele
Old 11-30-2015, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Then I'd have to think about it.

a chance.
warm your feet on a cold night.....
Old 12-01-2015, 06:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ohhhhhhh.
You guys teach me something new each day.

Seems like years ago my dad or mom had one
of those hot-water bottles. Just not all dressed
up like Stevie's.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:15 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
10 Years Ago: Aerosmith, Eagles, Tom Petty Play $10 Million Bat Mitzvah
By Jeff Giles November 27, 2015 11:12 AM

Aside from the three aforementioned acts, Brooks also hired Stevie Nicks, Kenny G, Ciara, and 50 Cent, all of whom were paid anywhere between $500,000 and $2 million and shuttled to the event on Brooks’ corporate jet.

Read More: 10 Years Ago: Aerosmith, Eagles, Tom Petty Play $10 Million Bar Mitzvah | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/aeros...ckback=tsmclip
WHAAAT?
That is absurd.
Idc how wealthy a person is (by legal means or otherwise, as per the referenced article), I think it's ridiculous to spend that much money on this kind of event. I wonder if it's even healthy for any young teen to have a bat/bar mitzvah, quinceńera, debut, etc that costs TEN MILLION DOLLARS?! When I think of the wealth gap in this country- in the entire world- I'm sure there are ten million other places that the money could have been better spent.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papillon View Post
WHAAAT?
That is absurd.
Idc how wealthy a person is (by legal means or otherwise, as per the referenced article), I think it's ridiculous to spend that much money on this kind of event. I wonder if it's even healthy for any young teen to have a bat/bar mitzvah, quinceńera, debut, etc that costs TEN MILLION DOLLARS?! When I think of the wealth gap in this country- in the entire world- I'm sure there are ten million other places that the money could have been better spent.
Yes, exactly.
And to think that I was a bit sorry when my parents gave me a week-end family trip as a present for my 18th birthday...
Old 12-05-2015, 01:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[Obituary for Brownell, Robert T.]

Rapid City Journal 12/2/2015

http://rapidcityjournal.com/obits/br...6013ce2cf.html

It was back to Arizona where he would have another back surgery and of course a few more unique encounters. He was hired as a general laborer by the Phoenix Greenhouse, a wholesale plant business serving four states and Mexico, and within three months was promoted to general manager. He always did have a green thumb and enjoyed telling the story of how he would assist Stevie Nicks in picking out plants and flowers for her mother. And, we still have the backgammon board on which he played a few games with Omar Sharif, while at a neighborhood gathering. "Omar always won," he said.
Old 12-05-2015, 01:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Glamour Magazine excerpt

Why you should step away from the sneaky celeb shot
by HELEN WHITAKER Wednesday, 2 December 2015

http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/new...aky-celeb-shot

Who can resist asking a famous person for a selfie if you happen to meet them? While I try to play it cool when it comes to the stars I interview (it's always good to pretend you have some semblance of professional veneer), this just means that I don't ask legends like Stevie Nicks for a photo when I'm working at the GLAMOUR awards, yet have a picture of me with Chesney Hawkes when I ran into him randomly at an LA hotel a few years ago.
Old 12-17-2015, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Stevie's concert was one of the ones where no amount was listed as being paid for use of the stadium]

Loophole lets celebrities dodge Pittsburgh entertainment tax, audit finds
December 16, 2015 12:00 AM By Mark Belko / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/ci...s/201512160105

Kenny Chesney and Taylor Swift both played to big crowds at Heinz Field in 2013. But what they paid for use of the stadium ended up being as divergent as their audiences.

While Ms. Swift paid $70,411 based on the 3 percent facility usage fee levied by the city, Mr. Chesney forked over a mere $131, according to an audit released Tuesday by city Controller Michael Lamb.

The 3 percent fee is paid by non-resident entertainers, performers, athletes and other for-profit users of Heinz Field, PNC Park and Consol Energy based on the person’s salary for the time they are in the city.

Mr. Lamb’s performance audit regarding the direct revenue received by the city from the sports venues found big discrepancies in the amounts paid by the performers who played at those facilities, and at Mellon Arena before it closed, between 2009 and 2013, the period measured.

The controller suspects that some performers have “found a way to say I didn’t make any money that night.” In some cases what entertainers reported as income in a performance ended up being “significantly less than what we see from the gate,” he said.

While the audit concluded that the properties owned by the Pittsburgh Sports & Exhibition Authority and the city Stadium Authority have generated $107.2 million in taxes and fees for the city over the five-year period, the disparities related to the facility usage fee stood out.

For instance, during Consol Energy’s first year in 2010, Paul McCartney paid $75,000 and $57,329 in usage fees in his two performances opening the arena, while Lady Gaga ponied up $22,571 for her show, the Eagles $11,273, and Justin Bieber $16,333. The Trans Siberian Orchestra paid $704 and the Harlem Globetrotters $102.

At Heinz Field in 2011, Ms. Swift paid $63,486, while Mr. Chesney forked over $135. U2 paid $26,855.

In other cases, no payment was listed by a performer’s name. Such cases included a Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band 2011 Consol show, a Rod Stewart and Stevie Nicks 2012 show, and a Barry Manilow 2013 performance.

Mr. Lamb’s office called on the Peduto administration and city council, which had requested the audit, to make closing the loophole “a top priority,” saying it is costing the city thousands of dollars. But how performers take advantage of the loophole was unclear.

“It’s just a loophole we’ve got to find a way to close,” Mr. Lamb said. “What we know is that we’re getting less from one-time performances than we expected and we think it’s because they’re taking advantage of the loophole.”

One recommendation is for entertainers to obtain local tax ID numbers so the city can work more directly with them to collect taxes rather than their management companies. It also recommended that performers pay a penalty if payments are not made within six months of a performance. In some cases, the city would receive tax payments several years after the entertainer performed, the city’s finance department told auditors.

Overall, the audit found that the sports facilities had generated $107.2 million in amusement, parking, payroll, earned income and real estate taxes and usage fees over the five-year period. Federal, state and local funding for the venues and the David L. Lawrence Convention Center totaled more than $800 million.

Mr. Lamb said the city had benefited from the construction of the facilities given the amount of revenue they generated and that city contributions to the projects were minimal.

“Some may argue whether it’s a good deal for county taxpayers or state taxpayers, but for the city itself it’s been a very good deal,” he said.
Old 12-19-2015, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Homo for the Holidays: 12 Ways to Make December the Queerest Month of the Year:

http://www.queerty.com/homo-for-the-...ampaign=buffer

No. 6: Celebrate the winter solstice. Serve up Stevie Nicks realness and ring in the shortest day of the year pagan witch-style. On the 21st, grab a lacy shawl, a candle and some suede boots, and sing “Rhiannon” while dancing around a pine tree. Cocaine optional.

Cool Stevie pic too.
Old 01-15-2016, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Celebs Who Perfectly Shut Down The ‘Why Don’t You Have Kids’ Question
YES, you go ladies…

Catriona Innes 15th January, 2016 Look

Stevie Nicks: “It’s like ‘do you want to be an artist and writer, or a wife and a lover?’ With kids your focus changes. I don’t want to go to PTA meetings.”

Read more at http://www.look.co.uk/news/celebs-wh...bDJV4tMGqDG.99
Read more at http://www.look.co.uk/news/celebs-wh...VRxqjHEuxqH.99
Old 01-18-2016, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Celebs Who Perfectly Shut Down The ‘Why Don’t You Have Kids’ Question
YES, you go ladies…

Catriona Innes 15th January, 2016 Look

Stevie Nicks: “It’s like ‘do you want to be an artist and writer, or a wife and a lover?’ With kids your focus changes. I don’t want to go to PTA meetings.”

Read more at http://www.look.co.uk/news/celebs-wh...bDJV4tMGqDG.99
Read more at http://www.look.co.uk/news/celebs-wh...VRxqjHEuxqH.99
did she really say 'wife and lover' or maybe 'wife and mother'? which is what she has said many many times in the past.
Old 01-18-2016, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
did she really say 'wife and lover' or maybe 'wife and mother'? which is what she has said many many times in the past.
Good point. Does Stevie go around saying "lover" often? Not really. It's too directly sexual. Even in songs. I mean she has said lover (Nightmare) but even in lyrics she's more often to say "you're not my love" than to say "lover."

Michele