Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-19-2014, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile Country Music Coming to my Small State

Who knew that big time country music people would ever come to my small home state of Delaware? Two country music festivals in my state will be taking place this summer. I don't really like country music, so I won't be going. Just wondering if anyone here is interested in country music & might be going. I'm just helping Delaware with a little publicity.

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/...-war/20616833/

Lee
Old 12-19-2014, 11:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow Thats nice.We used too have these here in Connecticut years ago and I enjoyed them.I love the bluegrass fests.

Since I dont really enjoy todays so-called country music artists .They sound like rock and roll .I probably pass on going to one of these fests unless it has classic country artists like Emmylou Harris and her generation and older country artists like her performing there.

I notice they have some of my favorite classic country artists coming to the fests but I can do without Jason Aldean for starters.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 12-21-2014, 03:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Wow Thats nice.We used too have these here in Connecticut years ago and I enjoyed them.I love the bluegrass fests.

Since I dont really enjoy todays so-called country music artists .They sound like rock and roll .I probably pass on going to one of these fests unless it has classic country artists like Emmylou Harris and her generation and older country artists like her performing there.

I notice they have some of my favorite classic country artists coming to the fests but I can do without Jason Aldean for starters.
Jason Aldean is the anti-Christ of country. As is Puke Bryan, Blake Shelton, and that GOD AWFUL Florida/Georgia Line.
Old 12-21-2014, 10:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Jason Aldean is god-awful, as is the entire "bro country" trend. I'm so sick of the "I'm country, you're country, she's country, we're country....let's drive down a dirt road/back road to the backwoods/boondocks" songs.
Old 12-21-2014, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer View Post
Jason Aldean is god-awful, as is the entire "bro country" trend. I'm so sick of the "I'm country, you're country, she's country, we're country....let's drive down a dirt road/back road to the backwoods/boondocks" songs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Jason Aldean is the anti-Christ of country. As is Puke Bryan, Blake Shelton, and that GOD AWFUL Florida/Georgia Line.

I can handle Blake Shelton but the others got to go.Rascal Flatts tires can go too.LOL.

I love southern rock from the 1970's like the Eagles,Skynyrd,Poco 38 Special,Marshall Tucker and others crossovering into country music in the 1970's and 80's .I love those bands.Also throw in pop artists like Linda Ronstadt which was great at the time.

Now country music is flooded with these crap rock-try music artists wannabees and ruin the gender altogether. They had to do something to save the country music industry to get the younger demos to listen to it.

I'm so happy that George Strait is still recording.He's great.

Jennifer Nettles is ok singing but sucks as a host on the CMA Country Christmas show last night.

Old 12-22-2014, 05:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I can handle Blake Shelton but the others got to go.Rascal Flatts tires can go too.LOL.

I love southern rock from the 1970's like the Eagles,Skynyrd,Poco 38 Special,Marshall Tucker and others crossovering into country music in the 1970's and 80's .I love those bands.Also throw in pop artists like Linda Ronstadt which was great at the time.

Now country music is flooded with these crap rock-try music artists wannabees and ruin the gender altogether. They had to do something to save the country music industry to get the younger demos to listen to it.

I'm so happy that George Strait is still recording.He's great.

Jennifer Nettles is ok singing but sucks as a host on the CMA Country Christmas show last night.
I agree completely. It's all about numbers now. And King George is just about the only one still recording actual country music.
Old 12-22-2014, 11:08 AM
Registered

These are worth seeing I have seen them multiple times In other news I did score Garth and Trisha tickets!(at face value $56.)

Miranda Lambert
Gary Allan
Loretta Lynn

Merle Haggard

Kacey Musgraves

Sturgill Simpson

the other show Toby Keith has had no appeal for me since he went all Patriotic then lowered himself to write songs like red solo cup i love this bar etc , He use to be so good

Last edited by olive; 12-22-2014 at 11:11 AM..
Old 12-22-2014, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
These are worth seeing I have seen them multiple times In other news I did score Garth and Trisha tickets!(at face value $56.)

Miranda Lambert
Gary Allan
Loretta Lynn

Merle Haggard

Kacey Musgraves

Sturgill Simpson

the other show Toby Keith has had no appeal for me since he went all Patriotic then lowered himself to write songs like red solo cup i love this bar etc , He use to be so good

Miranda Lambert ok
Gary Allan ok
Loretta Lynn love her .Love to see her live before its to late.

Merle Haggard love him Love to see him live before its to late.

Kacey Musgraves ok

Sturgill Simpson unknown to me .

Toby Keith is ok.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:09 PM
Registered

check him out he's great live !

Old 12-23-2014, 01:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Sturgill Simpson unknown to me .
That's because he's the real deal, so they're not going to shove him down our throats, like the pablum they can sell to millions.

I did sound for him once(maybe a year ago), and he was great. And I'm very embarrassed to say that I still haven't gone out and bought any CDs. These days, I'm just out of the regular buying habit, that most of us used to have...
Old 12-23-2014, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
check him out he's great live !

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
That's because he's the real deal, so they're not going to shove him down our throats, like the pablum they can sell to millions.

I did sound for him once(maybe a year ago), and he was great. And I'm very embarrassed to say that I still haven't gone out and bought any CDs. These days, I'm just out of the regular buying habit, that most of us used to have...

Thanks guys .This guy sounds great.I like him.

Thats the problem today with the industry.The good artists are left behind and we get stuck with the crap we hear on the radio today.