Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-02-2009, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy1 View Post
did you go to the show steviefan49?
Hey Kathy..

No, I'm going to the Houston, Tx show, where I live..

Hugs,

Arlene

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....
Old 03-02-2009, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
steviefan49, you are so welcome and I am glad to share. The show was so much fun that I am sad its over. You know how you look forward to something for so long and then when its over your kinda like huh thats it? HA! I got everything I wanted though (well besides my guitar pick) so I am really happy and can die now, HA Just kidding!
I SOOO hear what you're saying.. It's sorta like "coming down" LOLOL..- We SOOO build ourselves up for so long, that when something fun like this finally gets here, and is over, we are back "down" again, and all bummed that our good time is over! But hey, at least you have those wonderful memories, and from the pictures you shared with us, you'll remember last night for a very long time to come! Thanks SO much again for sharing your wonderful time with all of us!

Hugs,

Arlene

Old 03-02-2009, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
I agree, Josh,. Would've been great, but I honestly didn't think there'd be a chance in hell. Nobody knows that tune except us.
Exactly! As far as I knew or heard.. I've never seen or heard it be mentioned that SOTM was even a "thought of"- but everyone can always hope and dream, you know? Shoot, I was just elated with "Storms"- "Oh Well" and "Say you Love me".. So for those wonderful additions, I'm thrilled!

Old 03-02-2009, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Just got back from the show and it was a blast. I pretty much knew all of the surprises because of reading it here on the ledge but I really loved Monday Morning as the opener and I have to say it was nice to be surprised by the set list for once. I have to say though that I think the title of the show Unleashed fit perfect for tonight. I had front row and me and my hubby were to the right of Lindsey and he played his heart out tonight. I think for me the highlights were Monday Morning, Storms (absolutely beautiful, loved it), Gold Dust Woman (she killed the scream, it was damm good), Go Insane (faster version and it was amazing!), Tusk (slow in the beginning) and Say You Love Me (I thought Stevie did a great job on this song), I'm so Afraid was good but it did sound kinda different.
The song of the night was Oh Well. I freaking love this song and Lindsey killed it. I hope somebody got a boot of it it was so damm good and right in front of me. Lindsey pointed to his legs during the 'and my legs are thin' part. Good ****!!

Its funny all week I have been telling everybody that all I want is to play Lindseys guitar so during GYOW, he stands right in front of me and leans down over top and lets me be the first one to play his guitar. I was real gentle because I didnt want to break a string or something and then he let others play and then I grabbed at it again before he was done. After that song he was like Hey Baby, HA! Damm he is hot! My hubby was telling me to calm down and then later on he came over and shook hands and then he shook my hubby's hand and mine and then I started screaming, Lindsey baby, thank you, you rock! That is what I love about Lindsey is that he interacts with the crowd. He was talking to the front row people all night and somebody asked him if he was hot and he said yes and he was like arent you guys cool on that ice? HA! Some couple brought up their little girl and he made sure they got right up front and then the girl had flowers and Lindsey made sure Stevie got them. She thanked them which was so nice. The little girl was so cute too.
One thing I missed was the Stevie and Lindsey interaction. I remember last time they came to Pittsburgh in 2003 the Pittsburgh Post Gazette review talked about how much Lindsey and Stevie stared at each other and stuff but this time it was much more different. They looked at each other like old friends instead of like ex's. I do have to say the band was tight and I think they just sounded better overall. I am going to deaf though for a long time from this show.
I got some pics but camera natzi guy yelled at my hubby about 3 songs in and then we didnt bring it back out to the end. I have to say when Stevie bent down to get those flowers I thought a boob was gonna pop out, HA!
Her red/burgundy outfit in the beginning was fabulous and Lindsey wore red. Sometimes I think they read this damm board.
I was a few rows back behind you! cool. I saw you with the guitar. The guy with the little girl came up several times all night. Security kept making him go back, but he was persistant. He finally had her on his sholders and had some flowers. I'm glad that Stevie got them. It was a great concert and I agree. Lindsey was very into it and with the crowd. He and Stevie didn't interact much at all.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyMac View Post
Hmm, sounds like something was not going right.

You know this thought occurred to me that if Stevie and Lindsey actually get along, it might affect the performance on stage because there is no more tension/anger/passion to ignite the performance. I hope with the next couple of shows, the interaction gets better. It might have just been opening night jitters.
Hey Sandy..

Boy, I couldn't have said that better, as you put down in words what I was thinking too! Plus, I still think there may be a "tad" of left over anger there between Stevie and Lindsey somehow... as it tends to come across with Stevie.. (just my own guess there) ? I keep remembering the making of the SYW dvd that we all watched - and how Stevie and Karen kept fighting with Lindsey - and that's always in the back of my mind.. I hope between performing more shows, and actually getting out there in front of us fans, that hopefully, all of the details get ironed out, and things get better..

Hugs,

Arlene

Old 03-02-2009, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah its tough coming down from a FM concert. They are by far my favorite band in the world and I love all of their songs so when i see them live I am so elated that afterwards its tough to go back to the normalness of life, HA! I know in a week or so it will go away but now I really wanna go to another show. You are so right about the memories though. I have the best memories from every Stevie/FM/Lindsey shows and I cant wait to have more in the future. You are so welcome again and I just wish that all of you could have been there last night with me!
On a side note ,I got a job offer today from Pitt so I think in a few more weeks I wont be unemployed anymore. The guy from Pitt offered me the job today on the phone but said that HR would send the offer over to me. I interviewed with them almost 2 months ago now and never heard anything so a few weeks ago I emailed the lady that is in charge of the dept there and told her how much I wanted the job and I know I could do a good job for them and then I get the offer. I am so glad that I send that email. I wonder if they would have called me otherwise! It will be so nice to have money again and to pay for last nights tickets
Old 03-02-2009, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah its tough coming down from a FM concert. They are by far my favorite band in the world and I love all of their songs so when i see them live I am so elated that afterwards its tough to go back to the normalness of life, HA! I know in a week or so it will go away but now I really wanna go to another show. You are so right about the memories though. I have the best memories from every Stevie/FM/Lindsey shows and I cant wait to have more in the future. You are so welcome again and I just wish that all of you could have been there last night with me!
On a side note ,I got a job offer today from Pitt so I think in a few more weeks I wont be unemployed anymore. The guy from Pitt offered me the job today on the phone but said that HR would send the offer over to me. I interviewed with them almost 2 months ago now and never heard anything so a few weeks ago I emailed the lady that is in charge of the dept there and told her how much I wanted the job and I know I could do a good job for them and then I get the offer. I am so glad that I send that email. I wonder if they would have called me otherwise! It will be so nice to have money again and to pay for last nights tickets
Oh WOW.. CONGRATS on your job offer! All sorts of wonderful things are happening for you!!!! How awesome! I'm SOOO excited for you.. and sure hope it works out! Keep us posted!

Hugs and love,

Arlene

Old 03-02-2009, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

hey sleepless child, that is cool that you were behind me. I am glad you werent beside me because I kept screaming into the one guys ear and hitting into him, HA! I had my ear plugs in though so I didnt realize I was screaming as loud as I was. Thats cool you saw me with the guitar. I was hesitant at first because I wasnt sure if I was allowed to touch it. The was probably over in less than 5 seconds but it was the best part of the show for me.

Oh yeah I remember the guy with the little girl, I saw him up there a few times. I am glad Stevie got those flowers as well. I was thinking though that little girl should have had ear plugs in though. Yeah I really did miss the Stevie/Lindsey interaction but Lindsey is just amazing. I dont know he doesnt have carpal tunnel by now.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here are some things I noticed at last night's concert. Big crowd. Everyone was really enthusiastic. Lindsey was on fire. I'm the biggest Stevie fan but he really knows how to play to a crowd. They both looked and sounded great. Lindsey's voice sounded better than ever. No straining on the high notes like in the past. Stevie was having some kind of problem early on in the show. She was pointing to someone and then went over to John and whispered in his ear. A few songs later, she came out to sing and said better and did a thumps up. My husband swears Stevie was drunk, but I think it was nerves and a sound problem. She dedicated Landslide to Frances and her dad. Frances worked for her dad and lives in Pittsburgh. She's always dedicated Landslide to her when she sings it in Pittsburgh. Lindsey was great with the crowd. Talking and interacting. There was very little of that between L & S. The tour seemed more pared down and not as big as SYW. I really enjoyed the show and loved Oh Well, Storms and Silver Springs as the ending, but I think the showmanship was better during the 2003 tour. If those two are getting along better, you couldn't tell last night.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Steviefan49, thank you so much for the nice wishes. I am so glad that things are starting to look up for me. I had a stretch of 3 months there from sep-nov where things were really bad and I remember thinking at the time that I dont think I can deal with anything else. You know how things can get so overwhelming and you dont think it will ever get any better and then when things start going your way again you really make sure to appreciate it because you dont know how long its going to last. I just cant wait to have some money again and be able to pay off my credit card bills and stuff. I was very fortunate though to be able to collect unemployment or I wouldnt have been able to pay my mortgage.
Yeah I will keep you all updated on the job and stuff in the chit chat forum.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
Hey, y'all!

Just got home and read all 30 pages of your FREAKING OFF TOPIC BANTER OMG what is wrong with everyone? Focus, people. FOCUS.

I knew the setlist before the show started, because DavidMN is tall and could see the one taped to the floor by Lindsey's mic, so I made him read it to me, BUT I wanted to wait and make sure and text it as it happened, in case they actually did do something spontaneous (har har har, now who's the silly dreamer? Oh irony, you slay me thusly.)

All in all, I thought the show was great.

The burgundy dress she wore for the beginning of the show was stunning, and the silver spangly shirt/waist-cincher thingie she popped on over top of the black dress for Silver Springs was really pretty, too. And no Frankenboks, can I get an amen, brothers and sisters? Lindsey's bright red shirt looked very sharp on him, and I've always noted that in videos, he appears to have big feet, but now having seen him up close and in person for the first time, my lawd, the man has like, schooners attached to his ankles. Amazing.

Amen!

Thank you Zombie for such a great review and put my mind to ease on a couple of issues. Hopefully the next couple of shows will show more interaction between SN and LB.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
...they match? Dear god. They match.
Not only do they match? They came out arm in arm!!!!
And Mic's Shoes matched!!!!

Also, The I'm So Afraid thing was Mic messing up... he started to play Stand Back first!

Okay, Sorry, but I need to rant.

[Excitable Stevie fans stop here]

If I hear one more whining Stevie fangirl complaining about Sisters of the Moon, I will explode. I think that everyone would sell their souls to get that song! Get over it! I am not complaining about what songs Lindsey should have played (Think Walk a Thin Line, or Save Me a Place).

Sorry about that. No, really, I am. I just have heard so much about that song I couldn't hold it in any longer.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoS View Post

Also, The I'm So Afraid thing was Mic messing up... he started to play Stand Back first!

If I hear one more whining Stevie fangirl complaining about Sisters of the Moon, I will explode. I think that everyone would sell their souls to get that song! Get over it! I am not complaining about what songs Lindsey should have played (Think Walk a Thin Line, or Save Me a Place).

Sorry about that. No, really, I am. I just have heard so much about that song I couldn't hold it in any longer.
I know right!!!
Old 03-02-2009, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoS View Post

Amen, got over it. I have! And Save Me A Place would be frickin heaven for me, it could so replace Big Love aka Big Bore
Old 03-02-2009, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
Amen, got over it. I have! And Save Me A Place would be frickin heaven for me, it could so replace Big Love aka Big Bore
ROTFL... + 10 for the Big Bore! LOLOL..

Old 03-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Edgeof27
This message has been deleted by Edgeof27.