User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-22-2017, 01:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuchagirl View Post
Wednesday night's Buck-McVie was such a wonderful experience! I'm more of a lurker, a reader, with my first post on Wednesday.

I was worried about the weather, so I waited until the night before to buy a ticket! I snagged an excellent reserved seat, for $65 including all fees, next to another confirmed FM aficionado who was lovingly clutching signed CD and LP. I got a keychain.

The $10 parking was a fantastic deal. I usually would go for the free parking, but it's almost like there's a "point of no return" when you drive up the Chateau's driveway, and all that was ahead of me was $10 parking, so I relaxed and did it. I was incredibly close to an entrance point: short walk, quick rifling of my bag, a metal-detector, and swoosh I was in. The concession booth was not very busy (I often am deterred by lines), so I checked it all out. Very mellow for such a big-league concert.

Fantastically for me and my FM-addict seatmate, the seat in front of us was vacant!

My seatmate went down to the front as soon as she saw that security was allowing it. I liked what I had in my reserved seat and stayed.

The crowd was appreciative, welcoming. I saw two ladies, when "Hold Me" started up, they looked at each other, clasped hands, and began singing the lines to each other, like little fan girls, but they were easily in the 40s-50s. So cute!

I enjoyed the entire experience, Chateau St. Michelle is just about the best venue I've ever been at, glad Lindsey/Christine played there.

I noticed that nobody on stage said "Seattle" or any locational name: I read on this board that there was a screwup related to Boston, so maybe they are a bit shy about that right now, especially since Woodinville is a half-hour from Seattle.

I didn't have any wine, but a lot of people were indulging.

It was a fabulous night: I'm so glad Lindsey keeps performing with the little machine, and he seems very engaged & in great shape so he may do this into his 70s. Yay for us!
where were your seats?

We were towards the back of the reserved seating section.
Old 07-22-2017, 03:11 AM
Junior Ledgie

Hi,
I really enjoyed your account and your video clips!

I was in Row P, Seat 17. We were on a little ledge, so had a 6-inch height advantage over row O.

It was either the best seat I've had, or else it matched the time I saw Lindsey at the Moore Theater in Seattle.
Old 07-22-2017, 09:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Trouble - Buckingham solo album
Wish You Were Here - FM
Never Going Back Again - FM
Shut Us Down - Buckingham solo album
Sleeping Around the Corner

This bit here is too heavily weighted to Lindsey. And he dominates on SATC, so really that's 4 of the first 5 songs are him. The more I ponder this post-show the more it sorta bugs me. SUD has to go. Why is it even in there???? She probably can't do Never Make Me Cry anymore; Never Forget certainly has the right vibe but is still a bit higher in pitch than she seems comfortably able to reach these days. Something off In The Meantime would have been a very cool surprise, but she doesn't seem to give that album the love it deserves.
I completely agree with this. I don't object to them playing "Trouble," since it was a hit, but why play such an obscure song as "Shut Us Down"? It also isn't fair to have three Lindsey songs and only one of Christine's in the acoustic set. She basically just stood at her keyboard looking gorgeous during his three songs. I don't think she even played the organ; if she was playing, I couldn't hear it.

"Shut Us Down" should be replaced by either a Christine solo hit, probably "Got a Hold on Me," or a Christine pre-Rumours era FM song, such as "Spare Me a Little." Or even something from 'In the Meantime' -- is "Friend" or "You Are" any more obscure than "Shut Us Down"?

I personally liked having the acoustic set at the start of the show, but it would have worked equally well to have it in the middle of the show.
Old 07-22-2017, 09:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The more I ponder this post-show the more it sorta bugs me. SUD has to go. Why is it even in there???? She probably can't do Never Make Me Cry anymore; Never Forget certainly has the right vibe but is still a bit higher in pitch than she seems comfortably able to reach these days. Something off In The Meantime would have been a very cool surprise, but she doesn't seem to give that album the love it deserves. [/B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
It also isn't fair to have three Lindsey songs and only one of Christine's in the acoustic set. She basically just stood at her keyboard looking gorgeous during his three songs. I don't think she even played the organ; if she was playing, I couldn't hear it.

"Shut Us Down" should be replaced by either a Christine solo hit, probably "Got a Hold on Me," or a Christine pre-Rumours era FM song, such as "Spare Me a Little." Or even something from 'In the Meantime' -- is "Friend" or "You Are" any more obscure than "Shut Us Down"?

I personally liked having the acoustic set at the start of the show, bu
welcome to my world girls!! i've been screming about this since the first show when i saw this eetlist, and definitely since i first experienced it live. it's completely ridiculous and i have to wonder whether they had something different there and retumbled it all up at the last minute before the tour started?

my 0.02 - they should have just 2 acoustic songs as an opener, one of hers one of his. i agree that she really just stands and mouths his songs there looking faboulous during his 3 acoustic songs, and it's a complete waste of -space in the setlist. they should do just-2-of-them acoustic to start, it's very effective (vs in the middle like Mac does, that would bring their highly energetic show to a screeching halt). but after 2 acoustic openers with just 2 of them on stage (WYWH and one of 3 his - NGBA?) they should just plunge in the main rocking set. skip Trouble and SUD. or do SUD instead of NGBA if you want guitar/voice showcase. and then add 2 LB deep cut songs to the main set - What Makes You Think from Tusk, never played other than on the Tusk tour, would be amazing and fit the highly energetic set!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 07-22-2017 at 09:43 AM..
Old 07-22-2017, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I completely agree with this. I don't object to them playing "Trouble," since it was a hit, but why play such an obscure song as "Shut Us Down"? It also isn't fair to have three Lindsey songs and only one of Christine's in the acoustic set. She basically just stood at her keyboard looking gorgeous during his three songs. I don't think she even played the organ; if she was playing, I couldn't hear it.

I personally liked having the acoustic set at the start of the show, but it would have worked equally well to have it in the middle of the show.
I think Christine was very much involved in every decision of the final setlist. Lindsey loves playing her songs and I'm sure he suggested a couple of hers. I think Christine is for now comfortable with letting Lindsey lead the show. Maybe that will change with time but let's hope that not to the point of acting like Stevie.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 07-22-2017, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Good points all, especially about placing the acoustic set in the middle of the set. Just seems like an odd way to begin the show. However, I suspect there are specific reasons behind the scenes that Chris and Lindsey arranged the set the way they did.

For example, I bet Lindsey starts the show with 3 out of 4 songs because Christine wanted it that way so she could 'warm up' first, so to speak. Even more so when they first started. Also, it makes sense the rest of the band wouldn't want to take a 4 song break in the middle of the set, so that's why Chris and Lindsey do the acoustic part at the beginning. Plus probably other reasons we fans can't even imagine.

I also understand why Chris isn't doing any songs from In the Meantime, but I'm shocked she left out Got a Hold on Me. Playing that instead of Everywhere would have been a more interesting choice and such a treat for the fans.
Old 07-22-2017, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I thought it was great fun. It starts slow; as I noted earlier the acoustic opening really starts the show on a slow note... and a lot of people don't know Shut Us Down or Wish You Were Here to be totally blunt. Trouble is recognizable and then of course Never Going Back Again. That's 3 LB songs and 1 Christine and I don't think that's quite fair..... Love Will Show Us How was her single off her first solo album and did well, and Lindsey was on Who's Dreaming This Dream which if they wanted a slower tempo Chris solo song (LWSUH is rather upbeat and bouncy) that would work in that opening section too.......

Once they get through those first 4 songs the show has a nice momentum and rocks!

So I would highly recommend it as a nice way to see the two of them doing stuff you won't see at a FM show. I was lucky the audience in Seattle had really good energy (maybe all the wine!) and I could see where an audience that stays seated and quiet could really kill the buzz.

I haven't gone to a band tour since Chris left and didn't see them yet since she's come back. I'm not such a fan of large arena shows (crowds) as I used to be so for me seeing BuckVie in a smaller venue was perfect. And it was outside which was even better. I like the venues Lindsey plays solo as well. I've seen shows at 3 of his solo tours in the last ten years; I've seen multiple Stevie shows but honestly not since the 90s. Getting older I guess; when I was in my 20s and 30s I was at concerts almost every month.

The band is excellent (BuckVie band) and if you've seen Lindsey solo he's got that same type of energy here (at least in Seattle.... elle indicates maybe he was far more serious earlier in the tour. maybe he and Chris got into the wine at the winery before the show too!!) Plenty of rocking energy after those first few songs. ....

What do other people who've gone to shows think??

Ok, you sold me!!! I've never seen Chris or Lindsey solo or as a duet, so this will definitely be a new experience for me. I like the cheaper tickets factor as well as opposed to a full on FM concert.

Glad you had a great time at the concert!
Old 07-22-2017, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Ok, you sold me!!! I've never seen Chris or Lindsey solo or as a duet, so this will definitely be a new experience for me. I like the cheaper tickets factor as well as opposed to a full on FM concert.

Glad you had a great time at the concert!

Which show do you think you'll try and see?

Let us know how it goes!
Old 07-28-2017, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Me, too. I'm short and thick like Stevie.
Remember that Christine was a chubby adolescent. At least she thought of herself that way. Michele