User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-14-2017, 03:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
whether it is intentional or not, Buckingham McVie as a title has such similarity to Buckingham Nicks....... I mean they could call it anything. Seems like there's some messaging there. Look who has a new partner.....AND they're writing together....
Well, if they pose naked on the cover with his hair covering her chest, then I'll think they're baiting her.

I guess they could have said Buckingham and McVie, but too many syllables.

Linds & Chris

Michele
Old 01-14-2017, 03:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Great news!
Really looking forward to this collaboration.
Seeds We Sow was easily one of Buckingham's best solo albums; and Christine's music deserves to be brought into the 21st century with a modern sound.

I think it's going to sound a lot more current and interesting w/o Stevie.
As much as I love her voice, I like the idea of something unpredictable and unexpected.

Good for them for taking a chance and not relying on the old formula!
Old 01-14-2017, 03:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

As we've said before, doing it without Stevie itself garners a lot of automatic publicity. Everyone will want interviews because of that aspect, which might alert more people to the album. I don't expect them to buy it, but just getting the public to hear a single or two would be great.

Michele
Old 01-14-2017, 03:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
As we've said before, doing it without Stevie itself garners a lot of automatic publicity. Everyone will want interviews because of that aspect, which might alert more people to the album. I don't expect them to buy it, but just getting the public to hear a single or two would be great.
Taking that one step further, if they pushed the release date closer to the tour, called the album Fleetwood Mac, and fired Stevie in a very public way, I could see it being a marketing goldmine for the album and tour.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-14-2017, 04:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Taking that one step further, if they pushed the release date closer to the tour, called the album Fleetwood Mac, and fired Stevie in a very public way, I could see it being a marketing goldmine for the album and tour.
Not sure they can kick her out at the moment as they are all signed up for a world tour as a 5 piece. If they fired her before then they may find themselves the target of legal action by the promoters. That is going to be one seriously uncomfortable tour.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 01-14-2017, 06:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

And they might just be going by BuckinghamMcVie.....for all we know, it could still have an actual title!
What I'm really curious about is.....are they putting it out themselves.....or are they already signed somewhere? The talk of a (pretty set) May release date has me leaning towards the latter!
Old 01-14-2017, 08:01 AM
Ledgie

This announcement is getting lots of attention across social media. Most of the reactions I am seeing are very positive with a smattering of casual fans acting like they intentionally excluded Stevie. I do hope it is a critical and commercial success. Wouldn't it be interesting if this ended up delaying the FM tour by a few months?
Old 01-14-2017, 08:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It's wonderful news! I sort of wish they would call it, "Fleetwood Mac's Buckingham McVie" (crediting the band members that are participating) and then maybe try to get that old "dinosaur of an album out" and call it "Fleetwood Mac's Buckingham Nicks" and have John and Mick spice it up. We would get TWO new albums and finally be able to stop asking for it to be released. Whatever they do, I hope it comes out soon!
Old 01-14-2017, 08:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
It's wonderful news! I sort of wish they would call it, "Fleetwood Mac's Buckingham McVie" (crediting the band members that are participating) and then maybe try to get that old "dinosaur of an album out" and call it "Fleetwood Mac's Buckingham Nicks" and have John and Mick spice it up. We would get TWO new albums and finally be able to stop asking for it to be released. Whatever they do, I hope it comes out soon!

That's a pretty good idea. Fleetwood Mac are still credited without being called Fleetwood Mac.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 01-14-2017, 08:54 AM
Ledgie

I'm not bashing on Stevie but at some point she will be asked by the media about her feelings concerning B/M. I'm calling it now, she will say something like they don't listen to each other's work outside the band and will bring up that they have never been supportive of her solo career. While this may be true to some extent, B/M is not a solo project. It is essentially a Fleetwood Mac record without Stevie Nicks. I think it is gracious of the others (most likely Mick) not branding it for what it really is. I'm very interested to hear the Stevie camp's spin on this.
Old 01-14-2017, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i don't think she'll do that. it would make her look petty and jealous.
Every time she opens her mouth she looks that way.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 01-14-2017 at 09:20 AM..
Old 01-14-2017, 09:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post

I think this is a FANTASTIC idea! This could even happen without any involvement from Mick and John if you think about it.
Old 01-14-2017, 09:19 AM

Old 01-14-2017, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

#1 Trending Topic on Facebook.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 01-14-2017, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Rolls off the tongue easier.
Right. And, if you want to use a name for the 'band', and if the four people involved are Fleetwood, McVie, McVie, and Buckingham, and contractually, politically or otherwise they can't use the last names of 2 of the people, makes sense to use the last names of just the other 2 people. But the fact that Buckingham McVie mirrors Buckingham Nicks just adds a certain other layer to it, at least for me.