Old 08-05-2020, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default LB on Nutanix IT Unplugged Aug 5 webinar

https://event.nutanix.com/457770268/AMS

Friday, August 07 , 2020
Go Your Own Way: The CIO's Path to a Digital Future

Special Musical Guest: Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham

REGISTER HERE

Tune in to hear industry experts discuss discuss how CIO's and IT teams can again re-invent their orgs to reflect the new delivery modes required of IT. The new technologies and modes of work enabled by modern technologies such as hybrid cloud and ML/AI drive an opportunity to change how CIO's organize and deliver IT.

Nutanix CIO Wendy M. Pfeiffer will lead this discussion with a fellow executive Julie Cullivan, Forescout Technologies, Chief Technology and People Officer.

Join to hear more about how:
- CIO's personally aspire to have a career that drives technology forward and strive to be a board member, but few make it. What's the path or secret to charting your own course?

- IT must accommodate a workforce that is going to be working in multiple, individual modes for some time (remote or in-office). Wendy will share how she's recently re-organized her team to meet new requirements

- The IT Portfolio has evolved, including hybrid, multi-cloud, ML/AI technologies. How can IT leaders navigate a path to best leverage these technologies to innovate their teams

Then Grammy-Award winning musician Lindsey Buckingham (Fleetwood Mac) will perform an unplugged session you won’t want to miss!

No PowerPoint, just information in an authentic and entertaining virtual session.

Please register to join this private event.

Event Details

Friday, August 07 , 2020

10am PDT / 1pm EDT

Webinar

Agenda

Welcome

Solution Story: Private Cloud

Guest Interview: Customer Story

Special Musical Guest: Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-05-2020, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What does this mean? Sign up to be there in person, or for remote access to Lindsey's performance (as well as the remainder of the event)?
Old 08-06-2020, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So I guess you have to work in an industry that could use the info from this webinar? It asks for a job title when registering. I just want to hear Lindsey.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 08-06-2020, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I registered and I am interested to hear it but I have a feeling this is prerecorded performance. Two things bother me, they still refer to Lindsey has in Fleetwood Mac and when I got a confirmation email it said (start warming up those vocal cords now) which seemed insensitive to Lindsey's recent problems. I get the feeling this company, Nutanix, doesn't know much about Lindsey or his music.

I will be surprised if he does anything other than the standard hits like Never Going Back Again, Big Love, and others that can be done easily acoustically at home. Still will be nice just to hear from him again since it's been so long.

Your job title probably doesn't matter but it does require a business email to register.
Old 08-06-2020, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
I registered and I am interested to hear it but I have a feeling this is prerecorded performance. Two things bother me, they still refer to Lindsey has in Fleetwood Mac and when I got a confirmation email it said (start warming up those vocal cords now) which seemed insensitive to Lindsey's recent problems. I get the feeling this company, Nutanix, doesn't know much about Lindsey or his music.

I will be surprised if he does anything other than the standard hits like Never Going Back Again, Big Love, and others that can be done easily acoustically at home. Still will be nice just to hear from him again since it's been so long.

Your job title probably doesn't matter but it does require a business email to register.
great that you got in! seems that mostly people with edu emails / students are reporting they are getting in, which is kinda weird - also kinda weird for a digital space company to have problem with a number of spaces on their zoom. then again, apparently google is considering buying them, so who knows.

anyway - it will be amazing to hear Lindsey's voice after the surgery and the recuperating of his vocal chords. i really hope people who will be able to listen capture and share some bits, as people were for Jewel's performance, for example. and it will just be overall amazing to see him after what he's been through the last few years. as far as the performance, yeah i think the whole webinar is about an hour long, so i assume the artists at the end may not have time for more than 1-2 songs, and for Lindsey we know which those will be - Big Love and either NGBA or SUD. but either way it will be fantastic to see him and hear his voice.

as far as Lindsey Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac - he will always be that, and i love when people get twisted into pretzels and insist he's formerly of Fleetwood Mac. bs. he was and will always be of Fleetwood Mac, even if his name has been recently more known since all the breakup the band publicity. so every time i see that, i'm happy.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-07-2020, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

WOW didn't know what an impact it would have on me to hear him again. Guitar playing, as always, was amazing and vocally he sounded great too. The interviewer was a fan and asked some different questions but also some of the same ones we heard a gazillion times before. Lots of interviewing and the songs performed were Trouble, Never Going Back Again, Shut Us Down, and Big Love. No big surprise with the song selection, but it was still great to hear him again and in such great spirits. I did screen capture it but not sure how to share it yet. The hosts also recorded it so it will probably show up somewhere like YouTube.
Old 08-07-2020, 04:55 PM
Senior Ledgie

OH Man! I forgot about it today. I'm so glad someone posted in on YT. He looked and sounded good. It's great to have him back.
Old 08-07-2020, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by snroxman View Post
OH Man! I forgot about it today. I'm so glad someone posted in on YT. He looked and sounded good. It's great to have him back.
yup - we got some great straight of the zoom recording posted on youtube - here is one:

it was soooooooo fantastic to hear and see him, and to actually get the whole interview too!!

feels so unreal.

Old 08-07-2020, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yup - we got some great straight of the zoom recording posted on youtube - here is one:

it was soooooooo fantastic to hear and see him, and to actually get the whole interview too!!

feels so unreal.
and then zoomed into just Lindsey, another one from our own FMfanUK-

Old 08-07-2020, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey sounds and looks great. Listening to him talk about his Fleetwood Mac days......Classic act!
Old 08-07-2020, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Isn't it a bit ironic Lindsey doing an interview for a show with NIX in the name?
I wish Mick would just say definitively that the group does not exist anymore. Then we can edit Wikipedia and get rid of all this crap about the surviving members of the 2018-19 lineup comprising a current configuration.

Thanks to Mick and all erstwhile members for the good times.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrow View Post
Isn't it a bit ironic Lindsey doing an interview for a show with NIX in the name?
Someone in the comment section asked him to say hi to Stevie. I'm thinking I don't think they're on speaking terms
Old 08-07-2020, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

love that he's still the same yakkety Lindsey holding a guitar, wearing a v-neck tee shirt, in his home studio His hair does seem a bit darker. (lighting? hair color for men??)
Old 08-07-2020, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

feels so unreal.
thanks for recording and posting this!!!! I knew you'd be on top of it!!!!

And the guy passed along your comment!
Old 08-07-2020, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
thanks for recording and posting this!!!! I knew you'd be on top of it!!!!

And the guy passed along your comment!
just to make sure people understand since you replied to me - but yeah Emma was amazing today with everything including recording this and also Lindsey answered her chat question first. #karma

btw i think i saw in chat some name which sounded like you?

it was so fun seeing all the fans get in and chatting away how amazing LB is and how happy this made us.

and, it was so good to see a tiny snippet of Stan!

it felt so weird seeing and listening to Lindsey - like you said, like nothing has changed, like 2 completely crazy years haven't gone by. a great feeling, maybe even more since this was so unexpected.

of course i screamed unhappily when the first song he did was Trouble, you can just imagine lol. i had to stop myself from writing something untoward in chat. but i was so pleasantly surprised that it was actually the whole interview too, that the guy was a fan, and that Lindsey segment was lasting over 50 minutes! i fully expected just 2 songs, prerecorded and played at the end of a long interview about IT and private clouds. so this was a completely unexpected treat!