The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-30-2009, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^All of Lindsey's concert pictures from this tour look so much alike that I don't even pay attention any more, but I did want to get one of him walking backwards at the end of Go Insane. The picture you posted gives me that look I was trying to capture: him retreating with panther eyes. I also want some pictures of him doing his Oh Well pantomines. This is one, but it's dark.

Old 05-30-2009, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
Scary.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:47 PM
Senior Ledgie

^ I think he's too tan.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by njova View Post
^ I think he's too tan.
Yeah, I've been thinking that. When the tour had just resumed, I thought maybe he'd been on vacation, but now I think it's not a natural tan. Really, at this stage of the game you don't need to start adopting George Hamilton's beauty regime. Don't pick up any new bad habits on the eve of your 60th birthday.

Michele
Old 05-30-2009, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So he tans then? Ok. A little disturbing. Now I am questioning whether the theory that his chest hair has really gone all gray vs. wax/shave is really true. I'm already convinced he probably reads food labels and counts calories. So he's like an outfit and *ahem* a few slight adjustments away from being a woman.

Yet I just can't stop LOVING him, in all his vainness. It's true. He rocks my world.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 05-30-2009, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
So he tans then?
Well, maybe not. Maybe he's just suddenly ruddy.

Maybe he works as a field hand on the days he's not on stage. Maybe he roams the desert, searching and not finding, like in the Hold Me video.

Michele
Old 05-30-2009, 10:21 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
^All of Lindsey's concert pictures from this tour look so much alike that I don't even pay attention any more, but I did want to get one of him walking backwards at the end of Go Insane. The picture you posted gives me that look I was trying to capture: him retreating with panther eyes. I also want some pictures of him doing his Oh Well pantomines. This is one, but it's dark.

Oh No!!!! Not the "Oh Well" pantomine act caught on camera! I pray that someday he will come to his senses and stop trying to butcher that amazing classic with his goofy theatrics. Why why why does he do the hand/body odor/talk to God thing? I really get the chills in a bad way when I see him do that....
Not even his smokey salt and pepper hair and ice blue panther-esque eyes can get away with that silliness!

Philly, 4/15/09
Old 05-30-2009, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyJas View Post
Oh No!!!! Not the "Oh Well" pantomine act caught on camera! I pray that someday he will come to his senses and stop trying to butcher that amazing classic with his goofy theatrics. Why why why does he do the hand/body odor/talk to God thing? I really get the chills in a bad way when I see him do that....
Not even his smokey salt and pepper hair and ice blue panther-esque eyes can get away with that silliness!
See, I guess I'm just so awed by being in his presence and watching him perform his heart out for every song, while he so manically plays that guitar that I can deal with the pantomiming. And I've even found a way to appreciate the long-winded, repetitive speeches and the "...yet" referring to a possible new album. In all his cerebral corniness, I guess Lindsey really makes an effort to express himself and be as open as he possibly can. He's a totally cool ass nerd and I love him for it. So I can put up with the leg lift and the hand motion thing (nerd) because a few seconds later he rips it (cool ass) and all is forgiven.

Old 05-30-2009, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyJas View Post
amazing classic
Oh Well is the BEST song of the set...no matter his antics...word.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
See, I guess I'm just so awed by being in his presence and watching him perform his heart out for every song, while he so manically plays that guitar that I can deal with the pantomiming.
He doesn't seem to do the underarm thing anymore.

I'm not an Oh Well type of person, but I do appreciate the fact that Lindsey can exhibit offhand humor, wacky humor, dead calm, or maniacal energy all while playing soul-stirring guitar. I like the walking while chewing gum aspect of it, of HIM. There's this cavalier, deft air of, "Oh, yeah, I can play that good without even paying attention," that I really eat up.

Even offstage, the multi-tasking just adds to the wonder. If he just played guitar, if he just produced, if he just wrote the songs, if he just arranged . . . any of that would be enough. But he does it all.

Michele
Old 05-31-2009, 12:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Even offstage, the multi-tasking just adds to the wonder. If he just played guitar, if he just produced, if he just wrote the songs, if he just arranged . . . any of that would be enough. But he does it all.

Michele
Thank you. This is why I love Lindsey. He's so much more than "the guitarist for Fleetwood Mac" and he shows that, not through words or cocky, bombastic ego-trip proclamations, but through action. He doesn't say, he does. I'm really awed by it. At his age, he could easily be sitting on a stool for half of that show or taking a few lengthy water breaks. Shoot he could probably just stand still.

But he doesn't.

And let me not get started on the music...

Old 05-31-2009, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
At his age, he could easily be sitting on a stool for half of that show or taking a few lengthy water breaks. Shoot he could probably just stand still.

But he doesn't.

And let me not get started on the music...
And even the way he is sitting to the side during World Turning. Yes, he wipes himself off and gets a drink. But that takes a few seconds. For 95% of his break, he is staring straight at Mick, mouth agape, with an excited look on his face as if he is really into what the drummer is doing. I love that. The degree of his participation staggers me.

In fairness to Mick, he supports Stevie and Lindsey the very same way. He participates fully in what they do and is so often an avid audience for them.

Michele
Old 06-01-2009, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wanted to contribute to some Lindsey photos and I found this one with his wife. I think it's cute.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:51 PM
Senior Ledgie

^ It's cute how their noses are touching.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by njova View Post
^ It's cute how their noses are touching.
Yes, that is endearing. Although Kristen got some of his nose in her eye.

Michele