Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-21-2004, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
You've got me. When you put in those terms, he's f*cked up quite a bit, actually.

However, unlike Clark, he never bombed a Chinese embassy and he never bombed a civilian convoy and lied about it. When he was caught lying about the convoy bombing, he blamed it on a US pilot, as confirmed by his staff. Then Clinton fired him. And Clark should be the last person complaining about Iraq when he led the invasion of Yugoslavia. Talk about hypocrites.
Hmm... good points. I'd forgotten about the Chinese embassy. And now I'm remembering suspecting it may have been deliberate. I was in London when this all happened and it was quite an experience weaving through the crowds of angry protestors to do some sightseeing.

Believe me, I'm not enamored of Clark. Boy, I'd sure hate to be a general, though. At times of war, no matter what, you're going to make decisions that will stick in your conscience the rest of your life. I would think. I was against bombing Yugoslavia, but as I recall that decision was made by a president who also decided to circumvent the UN. Interestingly, Clark is picking up members of the Clinton team to help him with his election bid.

If Kerry is your man, that's great. I'm glad you've made a decision. I'm still not sure whom to pick. But I know I won't vote for him. Too many questionable votes on his record and too much waffling on Iraq.
Old 01-21-2004, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
Hmm... good points. I'd forgotten about the Chinese embassy. And now I'm remembering suspecting it may have been deliberate. I was in London when this all happened and it was quite an experience weaving through the crowds of angry protestors to do some sightseeing.

Believe me, I'm not enamored of Clark. Boy, I'd sure hate to be a general, though. At times of war, no matter what, you're going to make decisions that will stick in your conscience the rest of your life. I would think. I was against bombing Yugoslavia, but as I recall that decision was made by a president who also decided to circumvent the UN. Interestingly, Clark is picking up members of the Clinton team to help him with his election bid.

If Kerry is your man, that's great. I'm glad you've made a decision. I'm still not sure whom to pick. But I know I won't vote for him. Too many questionable votes on his record and too much waffling on Iraq.
I, too, would hate to be a general during a war. I mean it is very easy to judge in hindsight, but when you are in a battle, I think you kind of have to go with what you know or die. So, I guess they are just learned in the ways of "that was my decision and that is it." Then, you have every journalist second guessing your decision in that moment. I would just hate it.

Also, it is widely rumored that Clinton is 100% behind Clark.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 01-21-2004, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind

Also, it is widely rumored that Clinton is 100% behind Clark.

If that's true, it puts Clinton slightly at odds with his wife. No?
Old 01-21-2004, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Are they still married?

Actually, I do not think either of them has endorsed anyone yet. Personally, I think ole Hillary is kicking herself because W appears beatable (granted not highly beatable) and she stood a very good chance at getting the nomination.

Old 01-21-2004, 11:29 AM

I don't think she's endorsed anyone, but it Clark wins, it will put a damper on her 2008 prospects.
Old 01-21-2004, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is all playing out in such an interesting manner. Politics is just fascinating to me!!!!

Old 01-21-2004, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I always believed it was deliberate; it was too big of a mistake to be a mistake. I supported many things Clinton did, but there were a LOT of things he did that I was appalled at, Yugoslavia being one of them.

Kerry is my man for the moment. Who knows if it will change in the next week, month, or year. Like I said, I agree with you on the points you've made about Kerry (his voting record and his f*ck ups with Iraq). But, IMO, I'll take him over Clark any day of the week. Clark doesn't know **** about **** and it's painfully obvious; I can't wait until he's out of the running.

Also, a week ago, a Clinton spokesperson came out and said that the Clintons do not support Clark one way or the other. Yeah, right.

Old 01-21-2004, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Are they still married?

Actually, I do not think either of them has endorsed anyone yet. Personally, I think ole Hillary is kicking herself because W appears beatable (granted not highly beatable) and she stood a very good chance at getting the nomination.
She could take Bush in a heartbeat. Next to bush, she's the most "admired" person in the country and she'd get so many endorsements that we'd all be agape.

The Republican party would be forever decimated because they'd all have heart attacks when the winner is announced.

Old 01-21-2004, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She could take Bush in a heartbeat. Next to bush, she's the most "admired" person in the country and she'd get so many endorsements that we'd all be agape.

The Republican party would be forever decimated because they'd all have heart attacks when the winner is announced.
Rush would head straight back to the pain pills!!!

Old 01-21-2004, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Screw that, he'd slit his wrists and call it quits!

Old 01-21-2004, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
What's new?
Old 01-21-2004, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think he's off of them.
Old 01-21-2004, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Kerry is my man for the moment. Who knows if it will change in the next week, month, or year
Ah, so there is hope for salvaging this beautiful relationship.

By the way, I like to say "don't know **** from crap."
Old 01-21-2004, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ah, so there is hope for salvaging this beautiful relationship.

By the way, I like to say "don't know **** from crap."

Either way, Clark is without a clue.

Old 01-21-2004, 02:20 PM

You know, I've developed an appreciation for brie recently. But traditionally I have preferred sharper cheeses.

You know, like Vermont cheddar.