The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-26-2018, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie Delayed 2012 Tour, So Why Such Hostility When Lindsey Asked To Do The Same?

Aside from being untrue or at least exaggerated with respect to the timeframe of the requested delay, the purported reason for Lindsey's firing (asking for a delay of the 2018 tour) contradicts how the band treated Stevie's similar request in 2012.

It’s clear from this interview that Fleetwood Mac had been planning to tour in 2012, but Stevie then decided to tour instead with her solo band (co-headlining with Rod Stewart) and to delay the Fleetwood Mac tour to 2013: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozXM_SjnfcE (1:30 mark)

This makes it all the more farcical for her and the rest of the band to suggest that no member has the right to ask the others to push back their collective tour plans.

Also, since Stevie used Brett Tuggle for her tour, she left Lindsey without his righthand man and put him in the position of not being able to tour with his own band (although Lindsey may have been just fine with that, and in fact eager to try a true solo show as he did in 2012).

Last edited by cbBen; 12-26-2018 at 10:44 AM..
Old 12-26-2018, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Aside from being untrue or at least exaggerated with respect to the timeframe of the requested delay, the purported reason for Lindsey's firing (asking for a delay of the 2018 tour) contradicts how the band treated Stevie's similar request in 2012.

It’s clear from this interview that Fleetwood Mac had been planning to tour in 2012, but Stevie then decided to tour instead with her solo band (co-headlining with Rod Stewart) and to delay the Fleetwood Mac tour to 2013: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozXM_SjnfcE (1:30 mark)

This makes it all the more farcical for her and the rest of the band to suggest that no member has the right to ask the others to push back their collective tour plans.

Also, since Stevie used Brett Tuggle for her tour, she left Lindsey without his righthand man and put him in the position of not being able to tour with his own band (although Lindsey may have been just fine with that, and in fact eager to try a true solo show as he did in 2012).
I definitely don’t want to resurrect old wounds. I think this just reinforces the utter BS tossed fans way earlier this year, as well as the total disregard FM has for their fans. This is 199% one woman flexing her muscles and seeing what people will let her get away with. She is the boss in this band too!
Old 12-26-2018, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Perhaps someone can clear something up for me. Did FM ever plan a tour in 2008 that was delayed to 2009 because of Lindsey's Gift of Screws tour? Someone mentioned this to me on social media and for the life of me I cannot recall that at all.

As for the above post I feel that because she is the big draw in the band some people feel she has the right to dictate when they will or won't tour. Lindsey isn't a big draw so people don't see a point to him delaying tours for albums that won't sell and small crowds etc. Plus there is the whole age thing that people have talked about on social media. People think given their ages he shouldn't be delaying tours etc. On Facebook, Twitter etc I have seen comments that suggest what I posted above. In my opinion why is she given a a pass for delaying the 2012 tour, barely showing up for Tango recording sessions etc but he gets crapped on for the one time he allegedly asks for a delay. It seems very hypocritical.

Last edited by Nicks Fan; 12-26-2018 at 12:04 PM..
Old 12-26-2018, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The same with the set list. I got into arguments because people kept insisting the WHOLE band sacked him even though it was clearly Mick and Stevie's doing. When the discussion over the stale set lists was brought up people argued that even though Mick is the boss Lindsey has the final say in what they play which I don't believe. If Mick really cared to honor the work of prior FM members over the years then he could have put his foot down and demanded so. The truth is Mick is so concerned with money that he willingly went along with whatever the band wanted to do. It was SN who insisted that they play some real deep cuts for the current tour. He wasn't exactly chomping at the bit to play deep cuts.

You can't call Mick the boss but then say he isn't when it comes to the set list. If they were so tired of the same old same old they should have done something about it long ago (Especially when Lindsey was absent for 10 years).
Old 12-26-2018, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default setlist

maybe Lindsey and Christine inisisted they do some BuckVie tunes this time around, so the setlist is not as stale or set in ancient past as it usually is.

we can imagine how that type of demand would not go over well.

frankly though, i don't think they ever even came to discussing setlists, but you never know. we do know Lindsey has been frustrated with GH tours and stale setlists forever and was trying to find something - anything - to be different from tour to tour. for starters, this year's tour could have had 2 BuckVie songs that were never performed before - Carnival Begins and On With The Show - both songs that are very much about Fleetwood Mac.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-26-2018, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
Perhaps someone can clear something up for me. Did FM ever plan a tour in 2008 that was delayed to 2009 because of Lindsey's Gift of Screws tour?
According to his 2008 interview on A&E's "Private Sessions" program, after the 2003-04 tour Lindsey asked the band for four years to release and tour two albums through 2008, and the band agreed. I can't find the interview, but recall his statement to this effect.
Old 12-26-2018, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
maybe Lindsey and Christine inisisted they do some BuckVie tunes this time around, so the setlist is not as stale or set in ancient past as it usually is.

we can imagine how that type of demand would not go over well.
When I saw CSN in 2004 they played material from the new Crosby-Nash album, even though Stephen was not part of that album.

Last edited by cbBen; 12-26-2018 at 12:58 PM..
Old 12-26-2018, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
According to his 2008 interview on A&E's "Private Sessions" program, after the 2003-04 tour Lindsey asked the band for four years to release and tour two albums through 2008, and the band agreed. I can't find the interview, but recall his statement to this effect.
yes. and that was after Lindsey gave up opn band recording another album of new music in fast succession after Say You Will, and realized he will have to continue using solo avenue if he wants to keep releasing new music. anyone who actually watches Destiny Rules doc could see that LB was hoping SYW could be a new start, kinda like Tusk, and that Fleetwood Mac could actually be a creative band. "commercial gods" followers quickly put a stop on that.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-26-2018, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
When I saw CSN in 2004 they played material from the new Crosby-Nash album, even though Stephen was not part of that album.
just shows what reasonable bands and people can do.

Old 12-26-2018, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
just shows what reasonable bands and people can do.

I guess you didn’t get the memo that they recently had an ugly split. You should read the “words of affection” Graham Nash is saying about David Crosby these days.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-26-2018, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There’s a hell of a lot of nuance between 2012 and this past year. It’s a very different equation. Stevie wanted to extend the tour she was already on behind an album of new material that was already out. FWIW, Mick very publicly called her out on it.

That was six years ago. Since then, John has survived cancer and Christine (the oldest) came out of retirement.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-26-2018, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
There’s a hell of a lot of nuance between 2012 and this past year. It’s a very different equation. Stevie wanted to extend the tour she was already on behind an album of new material that was already out. FWIW, Mick very publicly called her out on it.

That was six years ago. Since then, John has survived cancer and Christine (the oldest) came out of retirement.
i think many here and on other social media wonder how are you not tired of offering those same ole arguments over and over. if someone was paying you for trying so hard, i guess i'd understand.

Old 12-26-2018, 05:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i think many here and on other social media wonder how are you not tired of offering those same ole arguments over and over. if someone was paying you for trying so hard, i guess i'd understand.

Old 12-26-2018, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's so hard to be a fan of this bunch.
Old 12-26-2018, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Steve’s ability to continuously try to justify or explain the last year of Fleetwood Mac drama is purely amazing.