Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default John Lennon American Masters on PBS Tonight

I agree with your friend Nico.I watched that film Lennon Naked last night on TV.It was awful and as bad as they described it.I am also looking toward to watching the 2 hour America Masters documentary LennonNYC on PBS tonight 11/22/ on TV.I am certainly hoping to be able to see Sean and The Goastt perform this coming January 2011 when they tour the USA.Here are the links again for the PBS film LennonNYC for tonight.Also the link that if you type in your zip code you can look up what channel it will be showing in your area of the USA.This is for those that are not sure what channel its showing in their area.In my own zip code they are showing LennonNYC on TV for the next 4 days on my PBS channel.

You can actually watch the entire film Lennon Naked on their PBS web site for one month.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/lennon/watch.html

American Masters LennonNYC

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmast...paign=LENNONYC

To look up in your Zip code what TV channel the PBS film will be showing

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters/schedule/

Last edited by msLinds; 12-05-2010 at 04:02 PM..
Old 11-23-2010, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default American Masters LENNONNYC ON PBS

For anyone that missed watching the film on TV last night.LennonNYC on PBS.
The entire film is being shown on the PBS web site right now.Also a link to article that came out in the Daily Mail UK this week.

American Masters on PBS
November 22,2010
Watch the full two hour documentary exploring Lennon’s life in New York City during the 1970s as a father, husband, activist and artist.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmast...ull-film/1722/

The Daily Mail UK
Rare photos of the late Beatle and his wife relaxing at their Ascot mansion to go on display in London,UK.
November 22, 2010

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz162BiOiw8

Last edited by msLinds; 11-23-2010 at 12:13 PM..
Old 11-24-2010, 03:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Yoko Ono & Sean Ono Lennon participate in Storycorps 11/26/2010

I am going to be listening to Sean interview his Mom.It should be interesting.

Yoko Ono & Sean Ono Lennon participate in Storycorps National Day Of Listening.The national nonprofit organization StoryCorps has announced the third annual National Day of Listening to take place on Friday November 26, 2010.

On friday November 26th, the 2010 National Day of Listening, StoryCorps will feature an interview on NPR’s Morning Edition with Yoko Ono conducted by her son, Sean Ono Lennon. In the course of the conversation, Sean Ono Lennon heard stories from his mother that he had never heard before, including meeting her father, an international banker, for the first time when she was three years old.Like Sean Ono Lennon and Yoko Ono, thousands of Americans have already taken part in the National Day of Listening by recording family stories. The National Day of Listening, celebrated on the day after Thanksgiving, asks everyone to take an hour to record an interview with a loved one, using recording equipment readily available in most homes, along with StoryCorps’ free Do-It-Yourself Instruction Guide.Sponsorship of the 2010 National Day of Listening is provided by The Fetzer Institute. NPR is a national partner of the National Day of Listening – and will broadcast a special series of National Day of Listening interviews during the week leading up to Thanksgiving.

http://imaginepeace.com/archives/13394

http://www.npr.org/programs/morning-edition/
Old 11-24-2010, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^ Thank you for all this msLinds. I don't know anything about the Day of Listening thing but I may hear the audio later on. I am actually going to wait until to see LennonNYC around the December 8th day. I'll watch it my parents (who love John), my guy, and many of my friends who either love his music, his works, or are just fascinated by him. I think I'll have a little John Lennon party in his memory.

Here is something for you, mslinds and of course Mr. 3rd World. And anyone else. Don't write in the comments box but actually send in the email. I think it's always wonderful to reflect...

John Lennon's music changed my life and my view on music forever. I can think of a very clear time when there was a "before John" and "after John" in my musical world and it matters to this day. His voice, his words, and his gorgeous music will always hold the crown in my musical kingdom. Love him.

Last edited by Nico; 11-24-2010 at 11:09 AM..
Old 11-25-2010, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Sean Lennon Interviewing his Mom posted on the Storycorps web site

Thanks for the Information and link Nico.I have some information about that interview that will be broadcasted on NPR's Morning Edition.With Sean Lennon interviewing his Mom.Is posted online on the Storycorps web site allready.I laughed at the end of the interview with what Sean has to say about being interviewed.Its true unfortunately
Sometimes.I also have a new interview from Amelia's magazine with Sean and Charlotte.

Storycorps
Recorded in New York, NY.
Sean Lennon Interviews his Mom
“So, I get to ask you the questions today...” Sean Lennon interviews his mom, Yoko Ono Lennon.

http://storycorps.org/listen

http://storycorps.org/listen/stories...ther-yoko-ono/

Amelia's Magazine
November 23, 2010
Interview: The Ghost Of A Saber Tooth Tiger. The opportunity to interview Sean Lennon and Charlotte Kemp Muhl about their band The GOASTT was something that Amelia's Magazine was very excited about. Little did we know that the appreciation was going to be so mutual.

http://www.ameliasmagazine.com/music...er/2010/11/23/

Last edited by msLinds; 11-25-2010 at 11:52 PM..
Old 11-28-2010, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default 'The Goastt 'European December 2010 Tour schedule

This is for anyone here that is interested in Sean Lennon and Charlotte Kemp Muhl's and their band "The Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger ' European, December 2010 Tour Itinerary.If you click on the links on ' The Goastt ' web sites tour itinerary page.It will take you to the venues web sites that they are playing at for more information and for tickets.

http://thegoastt.com/tour.html

Friday 12/17/10 Bercy, Paris, France (with -M-)

Thursday 12/16/10 Bercy, Paris, France (with -M-)

Wednesday 12/15/10 Bercy, Paris, France (with -M-)

Tuesday 12/14/10 Paradiso, Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Monday 12/13/10 Frannz Club, Berlin, Germany

Saturday 12/11/10 MOD, Hasselt, Belgium

Friday 12/10/10 Zenith, Saint Herblain, France (with -M-)

Thursday 12/9/10 Zenith, Saint Herblain, France (with -M-)

Wednesday 12/8/10 Grand Hall, Tours, France (with -M-)

Tuesday 12/7/10 Zenith d'Orleans, Orleans, France (with -M-)

Saturday 12/4/10 Anciennes Usines Boinot, Niort, France

Friday 12/3/10 Arena de Montpellier, Montpellier, France (with -M-)

Thursday 12/2/10 Nikaia, Nice, France (with -M-

Last edited by msLinds; 11-28-2010 at 01:59 PM..
Old 11-28-2010, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default “John Lennon: The Final Interview 12/3 -12/10/2010

This is reminder about that this is coming up soon.12/3 -12/10/2010

Interview : Dave Sholin shares his memories:The last interview with John Lennon
November 12th, 2010

“John Lennon: The Final Interview." It will run for a week, beginning December 3rd - the 10th 2010 all over the country in a syndicated broadcast. It's being done to commemorate the 30th anniversary of John's death and will include many things that we didn't have for the first show in 1980.

http://www.examiner.com/john-lennon-...th-john-lennon

Last edited by msLinds; 11-28-2010 at 02:08 PM..
Old 11-30-2010, 02:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Beatles Christmas exhibition to recreate John -Yoko 'bed-in'

Beatles Christmas exhibition to recreate John -Yoko 'bed-in'

A Beatles Christmas exhibition at the Artwaves gallery in Stoke-on-Trent in December will feature the famous 'John and Yoko' bed-in.Exhibits include Beatles Christmas memorabilia, and some of John Lennon's erotic prints."John and Yoko famously had a 'bed-in' for peace, and we are recreating the scene," the BBC quoted organiser Garry Marsh as saying.The exhibition - titled Everywhere It's Christmas - also marks the 30th anniversary of the death of John Lennon, who was shot in New York on 8 December, 1980. He would have been 70 this year."The show is half a tribute to John Lennon, but also a reminder of how important Christmas was to the Beatles in the early part of the band's career," Marsh said"Their Christmas shows are legendary; and each Christmas during this era would be marked by some form of new Beatles memorabilia. Most famously, the fab four used to issue a special flexi-disc with each issue of the fan club magazine," he said.On show will be Christmas-related posters, tickets and toys relating to the Beatles. A double bed, in which members of the public can lie, will form part of the show.The bed echoes the events of 1969 when John Lennon and his new wife Yoko Ono spent their honeymoon in a hotel in Amsterdam, refusing to leave their bed as a gesture for world peace.They followed up the Dutch event with a similar one in Canada, where they also recorded the song Give Peace a Chance.Also in the Burslem collection will be some limited-edition prints of Lennon's erotic lithographs, which, say organisers, have not been shown in public for 40 years. Because of the nature of the prints, adults only will be allowed in this part of the show.The Beatles At Christmas show at Artwaves, in Nile Street in Burslem, runs from December 11th to 18th 2010.

http://www.britainnews.net/story/712930

Yesterday November 29th 2010 was the anniversary of George Harrison passing away.My thoughts and prayers are with George's wife and his son Dhani today.RIP George.We miss you and Love you

George Harrison February 25, 1943 – November 29, 2001
Old 11-30-2010, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^Nine years ago...I was originally a George girl and he will always hold a special place in my heart. What an amazing individual. Love him and miss him.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Sean Lennon's New Music Video " Schroedinger's Cat "

Sean Lennon's new music video " Schroedinger's Cat "

Watch ' Ghost Of A Saber Tooth Tiger' new video for their song 'Schroedinger's Cat" off of the band's latest album, Acoustic Sessions. The video was directed by Jordan Galland. The GOASTT - a duo consisting of Sean Lennon and Charlotte Kemp Muhl, will be on tour in Europe in December and in the USA in January 2011.

http://vimeo.com/17093001
Old 12-01-2010, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Sean Performs and Interview on the Nic Hartcourt Radio Show

Here is another video with Sean Lennon performing and a interview with the Goastt recently on the Nic Hartcourt radio show, from Southern California.

http://bit.ly/fxDp9V

http://thelivebuzz.com/video/the-gho...ebuzz-session/
Old 12-01-2010, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Liverpool to host Lennon candle lit vigil on December 8,2010

Liverpool to host Lennon candle lit vigil on December 8th 2010

Beatles fans from all over the UK will be make their way to Liverpool on 8th December to mark the 30th anniversary of John Lennon’s death with a candlelit vigil set to take place at the city’s European Peace Monument, dedicated to John. They will be led in song on the occasion by local singers and musicians.

WHERE – EUROPEAN PEACE MONUMENT, CHAVASSE PARK, LIVERPOOL, UK
WHEN – WEDNESDAY 8TH DECEMBER, 8PM – 9.30PM GMT

Since its unveiling by Julian & Cynthia Lennon on Lennon’s birth date (October 9th), the monument - entitled ‘Peace & Harmony’ - has become a popular focal point for visitors to the Beatles home city looking to celebrate Lennon’s life and message of peace through his music.

The monument represents Liverpool's ever physical focal point for fans of Lennon and The Beatles to congregate and remember the artistic and creative legacy of the world icon.

The vigil of remembrance will form a counterpoint to the ‘Lennon Remembered – The 9 Faces of John’ concert taking place at Liverpool’s Echo Arena the following day (Thursday 9th December). All profits from the concert are being donated to regional charities Alder Hey Imagine Appeal, Radio City’s Cash For Kids and the Mathew Street Festival. The evening event will close the enormously successful John Lennon Season that is taking place right across the city.

Created by American artist Lauren Voiers, the striking ‘Peace & Harmony’ monument features a white feather at its apex; a detail created to the express wishes of Lennon’s son Julian. As Julian comments, “One of the things my father said to me was that should he pass away, if there was some way of letting me know he was going to be ok, it was by, in some shape or form, presenting me with a white feather.”

Jerry Goldman, MD of The Beatles Story comments:

“Although the European Peace Monument has only been on public display for just over a month it’s already taken on a global significance of its own. People from all over the world are coming to the city to pay their respects and consider Lennon’s message of peace through his music.

“The city is very excited that we finally have a focal point at which to remember Lennon and look forward to a vigil that will reach out to people the world over.”

The vigil at the Lennon Peace Monument will take place at 8pm on Wednesday 8th December on Chavasse Park, Liverpool ONE, Liverpool L1 8LT, overlooking both The River Mersey and The Albert Dock.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The Sean/Charlotte video was hilarious msLinds.

Are you planning something for December 8?

As that date slowly approaches I can't help but get choked up at the thought of what was lost and how much more he could have done. It's a horrible tragedy. At the end of the day, at the end of any of our lives- however that end should come- we are all either a woman or a man, girl or boy. John was just a man. Just like any other innocent person whose life is senselessly taken away in a violent way. But because he accomplished so much and gave so much to all of us the people who loved John really felt he was a part of them. I feel this way about him and he isn't even alive.

I want to think of December 8th as a time to just get together and celebrate John. He was a unique force and a truly inspirational and brilliant individual- a true genius. Love music as I do, and love so many amazing artists...but none of them can really touch John in my heart, in my eyes, or my ears. He was a complete one of a kind, you'll-never-see-the-like-again man.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I keep changing between liking John's, Paul's and George's music the most. But I was born on the day Lennon died in 1980 so I feel like I'm supposed to be a Lennon fanatic.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubytuesday View Post
I keep changing between liking John's, Paul's and George's music the most. But I was born on the day Lennon died in 1980 so I feel like I'm supposed to be a Lennon fanatic.
I don't think that has anything to do with it. You like what you like. I was born on John's 40th birthday, his last birthday. But initially George was my "favorite" until I realized John's songs were the ones I always loved the most- and then I found out more about him and I was converted completely.
Closed Thread