User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-25-2019, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucewayne View Post
We finally had the Rumours band back together again, with a chance of getting new music, and they ruin it with their egos.
I agree 100%. And I think there is no one or two villains. I blame the whole 5.
Old 06-25-2019, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Well, Stevie's ultimatum was certainly the straw that broke the Rumours Five.

I'm not saying he didn't push her buttons. But she's an idiot. I'd have a hard time not pushing her buttons!
Old 06-25-2019, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, but at the end, he was the one that was fired.

I'm also not saying he was exactly adoring her before he was kicked out of the band but he'd probably never get him fired just to prove a point. He'd never jeopardize the legacy of the band over a whim.

Only Stevie can do that.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 06-25-2019, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
He'd never jeopardize the legacy of the band over a whim.
Never? I'm not sure about that. Ok, not over a whim but over egos, personal interests... I'm not sure. Remember he thought all of them have some inner demons that they struggle with. He sure said that for a reason, and the song was named My little demon, not His/Her little demon. Anyway I'm not demonizing Lindsey, and not victimizing Stevie. I just think they all are a bit guilty, in some way they all are responsible. But just my perception. Only they know what really really happened.
Old 06-25-2019, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was thinking the other day of when Lindsey said John told him in an email he wasn't supposed to talk to him. Really? You are all in your seventies for crying out loud. Who won't let you talk? Your mommy? So childish and immature. I really thought things had changed during The Dance. I guess that was all about the money too.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 06-25-2019, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I was thinking the other day of when Lindsey said John told him in an email he wasn't supposed to talk to him. Really? You are all in your seventies for crying out loud. Who won't let you talk? Your mommy? So childish and immature. I really thought things had changed during The Dance. I guess that was all about the money too.
I agree. And following the "What if" speculations, what would have happened if John and Chrstine had said they would not continue in the band without Lindsey? If all was about money, Mick and Stevie would have accepted.

But again, only they know the complete story. I'm pretty sure they have not told everything.
Old 06-25-2019, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Never? I'm not sure about that. Ok, not over a whim but over egos, personal interests... I'm not sure. Remember he thought all of them have some inner demons that they struggle with. He sure said that for a reason, and the song was named My little demon, not His/Her little demon. Anyway I'm not demonizing Lindsey, and not victimizing Stevie. I just think they all are a bit guilty, in some way they all are responsible. But just my perception. Only they know what really really happened.
So, I guess I'll have to wait and see how life punishes Stevie the same way that is punishing Lindsey now.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 06-25-2019, 09:44 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I really thought things had changed during The Dance. I guess that was all about the money too.
I wish I shared this view, but my impression was that pretty much everything they did after Tusk was about money and only money. Recording Mirage and Tango were reportedly MISERABLE and occurred after the solo careers were up and running. I can't imagine why they'd put themselves through that if not for money or contractural obligations relating to money. "Live" was only released because Mick was bankrupt, same goes with his tabloid autobiographies. Chris and John were confirmed conservatives (and BRITISH) so I can't imagine their reuniting for the Clinton performance was because of their passion for his campaign.

Everyone's careers were in the TANK by the time 1997 rolled around, so I'm sure The Dance (which was originally just going to be an MTV Unplugged episode) and the ensuing tour was attractive to all of them. I mean Christine was unhappy for the entire thing. I guess things (both money and personal relationships) went well enough for them to think Say You Will would be a less miserable experience (it wasn't) but you could argue a good bit of why they made that album was to ride off of the success of The Dance. Every tour after that has just been a Greatest Hits cash grab`(with the possible exception of Christine's return, I don't think that was motivated by money on her part).

As far as the solo albums, you could make an argument that Mick's albums were done out of his own weird passion but his financial issues at the time cast doubt on that. Christine was contracturally obligated to make her 1984 album, which is why she had Todd Sharp do half of it for her. In the Meantime was a passion project for sure though.

Lindsey's solo career is obviously for his love of the music, and I'd make the argument that Stevie's first two solo albums are the same way. They were vehicles for her to express herself more freely and get more of her songs out there (Jimmy Iovine's motivations are different story obvisouly). RAL is a sell out album for sure.

This isn't to say that all of these projects are just soulless cash grabs, they wouldn't have turned out as amazing as they did without all the other factors (their love of making music, wanting to express themselves creatively, playing so well off of each other etc). But I can't imagine a prime motivator other than money, why else would they make themselves so unhappy so often?

But you know what... that's okay. They're talented musicians and it's a business and it's a business I'm happy to indulge.

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)

Last edited by Netter75; 06-25-2019 at 09:46 PM..
Old 06-25-2019, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
So, I guess I'll have to wait and see how life punishes Stevie the same way that is punishing Lindsey now.
We can only hope! Come on Karma, get her! not
Old 06-29-2019, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netter75 View Post
Chris and John were confirmed conservatives (and BRITISH) so I can't imagine their reuniting for the Clinton performance was because of their passion for his campaign.
Great post above. Just one thing. While John and Chris are British conservatives (her more so than he, I think) John became an American citizen (presumably by way of marriage) and WAS able to vote for Clinton. When asked if he did, he said yes.
Old 06-29-2019, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Great post above. Just one thing. While John and Chris are British conservatives (her more so than he, I think) John became an American citizen (presumably by way of marriage) and WAS able to vote for Clinton. When asked if he did, he said yes.
John has expressed strong dislike for the Labour Party publicly for many, many years. Which Clinton? Bill in the 90s? Surprising. Do you have a link?
Old 06-29-2019, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post

I voted for Clinton ONCE, too. Doesn't necessarily define who you are politically.
Old 06-29-2019, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And one more thing. Stevie Nicks broke The Chain.
Old 07-04-2019, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Still praying LINDSEY will never reunite with that rickety old bunch.

Good riddance to all that ballast, I say.

Old 07-09-2019, 08:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

more specifically, when asked whether he can ever see Lindsey back in FM, Mick says - "no. we're done."

yes, we are done, Mick.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"