User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-24-2013, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by getTusked View Post
Ok, while we are on the subject of this book, can I just ask about the content OTHER than the abuse? I have already heard all about that and all the opinions about it...but are there any other interesting tidbits/stories about LB that make the book worth getting? I have literally debated getting it for months now. I know some of the abuse accusations can be pretty tough to read, but are there any other stories she gives that just gives us more insight to LB...for us fans? Him being funny? Romantic? Dramatic? Cute? Funny FM stories?

I did hear the Kenny Rogers story. That's a goodie
Wait till you read the Mick Jagger story! The book is worth it for that alone
Old 11-24-2013, 08:24 PM
Senior Ledgie

Stevie/Carol Ann Similarities I Noticed (aside from the May 26 birthday)

1. Stevie's mom has red hair. Carol Ann's mom has red hair.
2. Stevie moved to LA when she was 18. Carol Ann moved to LA when she was 18.
3. Stevie once lived in a Spanish-style apartment. Carol Ann once lived in a Spanish-style apartment.
4. Stevie lived in a Tudor-style home during the Tusk era. Carol Ann lived in a Tudor-style home during the Tusk era.
5. Stevie lived in a home with a 30-ft high ceiling. Carol Ann lived in a home with a 30-ft high ceiling.
6. Stevie and Lindsey had an altercation on Christine's driveway. Carol Ann and Lindsey had an altercation on Christine's driveway. (Looks like couples needed to steer clear of Christine's driveway.)

I would have liked to have read more about her friend Lori Lazenby but, much like George, it seems she just made a one-off appearance.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ok, while we are on the subject of this book, can I just ask about the content OTHER than the abuse? I have already heard all about that and all the opinions about it...but are there any other interesting tidbits/stories about LB that make the book worth getting? I have literally debated getting it for months now. I know some of the abuse accusations can be pretty tough to read, but are there any other stories she gives that just gives us more insight to LB...for us fans? Him being funny? Romantic? Dramatic? Cute? Funny FM stories?

I did hear the Kenny Rogers story. That's a goodie
Yes!! Definitely worth the read. It's a good look into the band's life, and the music world at that time, and there are more than a few memorable moments. It's a quick read, really, and yes, it will get sad/depressing at parts, but I'm glad I read it. If you're a fan of Lindsey (and I know you are), then I recommend it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
Wait till you read the Mick Jagger story! The book is worth it for that alone
And the Dick Clark story
And Eric Clapton's frigid house...
There are plenty of other good tidbits in there, too, that don't involve famous people.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^ after all the good discussions, comments and questions on the last few pages - to quote louie in another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Can we PLEASE let this one thread, just this ONE thread, not be about Stevie Nicks?
and
Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
There are so, so many questions... and none of them have anything to do with Stevie freaking Nicks.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-24-2013, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
And the Dick Clark story
And Eric Clapton's frigid house...
There are plenty of other good tidbits in there, too, that don't involve famous people.
Eric Clapton's frigid castle/house with who's who of legendary guitarists of the time all jamming together and ending up throwing darts at each other while high.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-24-2013, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire Girl View Post
Stevie/Carol Ann Similarities I Noticed (aside from the May 26 birthday)

1. Stevie's mom has red hair. Carol Ann's mom has red hair.
2. Stevie moved to LA when she was 18. Carol Ann moved to LA when she was 18.
3. Stevie once lived in a Spanish-style apartment. Carol Ann once lived in a Spanish-style apartment.
4. Stevie lived in a Tudor-style home during the Tusk era. Carol Ann lived in a Tudor-style home during the Tusk era.
5. Stevie lived in a home with a 30-ft high ceiling. Carol Ann lived in a home with a 30-ft high ceiling.
6. Stevie and Lindsey had an altercation on Christine's driveway. Carol Ann and Lindsey had an altercation on Christine's driveway. (Looks like couples needed to steer clear of Christine's driveway.)

I would have liked to have read more about her friend Lori Lazenby but, much like George, it seems she just made a one-off appearance.
Stevie and Carol both have mitral valve prolapse.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
one thing i would give you heads up about is that even though the rest of the book may be horribly written entertaining highly romanticized fluff sprinkled with some interesting tidbits, be prepared you may definitely get off LB fandom wagon for a while when reading those abuse stories, if you believe they are even partially true.

you can probably read the book for free on google books or somewhere instead of getting it.

Old 11-24-2013, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Umm stupid question, but what's that?
Old 11-24-2013, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
one thing i would give you heads up about is that even though the rest of the book may be horribly written entertaining highly romanticized fluff sprinkled with some interesting tidbits, be prepared you may definitely get off LB fandom wagon for a while when reading those abuse stories, if you believe they are even partially true.

you can probably read the book for free on google books or somewhere instead of getting it.
That's a good point, though, peoples' reactions vary greatly, of course. It was hard to read, but I wasn't really shocked, given I'd already read the stories. And I can't see the man in the book, as the man I see, and have spoken to, in recent years. So, I wasn't turned off to him, as Elle was. Yes, be prepared for some ugliness, but it doesn't have to change how you see or appreciate Lindsey now. Elle and I discussed this a lot, in the last couple of years, and our reactions have been similar in some ways, and very different in other ways. So, if you're interested in Lindsey's life, this is part of it. It's got some good stuff, and some bad. I do know a couple people that were turned off to him after reading this. But, after some time, and a chance to digest it, and look at who he is now, they are, in fact, fans again.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'msoAfraid95 View Post
Umm stupid question, but what's that?
Mitral valve prolapse is a heart problem in which the valve that separates the upper and lower chambers of the left side of the heart does not close properly.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:39 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Do they? Then that's similarity #8.

I remember someone mentioning Carol Ann's remark about John Wayne's birthday also being on May 26. Out of all the famous people born on that date who were of relevance back in 1977, he is the only one who didn't perform under his given name.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Mitral valve prolapse is a heart problem in which the valve that separates the upper and lower chambers of the left side of the heart does not close properly.
I figured that it was something related to the heart because of the word "valve". It most not be that serious if Stevie's able to do all the shows she does.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
And sometimes people move on, and find love again.
Right. It makes me giggle the way people go out of their way to prove every other relationship either ever had was fake. Oh, that's a façade for the public. Behind the scenes, they're really committed only to each other. Obviously, this has been the JFK weekend of conspiracy plots, but the SnL ones put the assassination scenarios to shame.

You move on, you find love again and you often find a different love that's richer and deeper, if not as passionate and volatile. If Stevie and Lindsey were cut out for an enduring relationship, they would have had one. Actually, they have had one and that's commendable, but I think both of them really envision a monogamous kind of love that they never seem to have had together and I think that's the crux of their "what might have been" fantasies -- that they regret what they couldn't actually achieve. I don't think they could have had a family for a minute. Sure, they could have had kids, but not given them a home or a foundation.

You don't spend 40 years apart if you were actually destined to be together. Star-crossed love is usually crossed for a reason in romances, but there were many, many years when Stevie and Lindsey never actually had a reason not to be together. There were plenty of times when there were no obstacles to a permanent reunion between them, except each other.

Now, I can ship pretty hard. I love what Stevie and Lindsey have between them, but I don't think what they have is 35 years of secret love. I don't doubt they've had sex back and forth over time. But the fact that they've been sleeping around with other people constantly during that span of time quickly tarnishes whatever romantic fantasies I'd like to entertain.

Michele
Old 11-24-2013, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I also heard Stevie had a secretary named Harris and Carol had one named Nicks.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
I also heard Stevie had a secretary named Harris and Carol had one named Nicks.
And after years of believing otherwise, I heard that was NOT true of Kennedy and Lincoln.

Michele