Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-09-2008, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
That was funny...

Hey CADreaming --- thanks for drawing me a picture.

Is there video of these adjustments???? I'd be a willing voyeur...

Wait a minute...Say You Will Photo shoot...is that segment on Destiny Rules DVD or is there a whole DVD of it like the Gypsy Photo Shoot?

Last edited by Betsy; 04-09-2008 at 06:05 PM..
Old 04-09-2008, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yay, shallow Lindsey talk!

I've always found him to be unbelievably handsome, in his youth and up to now. He carries himself in a very sexy, self-assured way despite being somewhat of a "nerd." But seriously, Lindsey is a pretty hot guy, and I think my particular favorite period, purely on a physical level, is Out of the Cradle. Next would probably be a tie between Tusk and Say You Will. I'm very attracted to older men, more than likely because many embody that look that shows they've lived- and are wiser for it. It's very intriguing. But the best part about him is his music and guitar-playing and how he streams all of it together and create little masterpieces that seem simple but are totally complicated.

I've met him and seen him/stared at him up close and he's gorgeous without a doubt. He's in great shape, although I think he could gain some weight just to make his face seem less gaunt...he looks wonderful for his age, though. I mean, come on, all that hair?

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 04-09-2008, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1LiddyBuckFan View Post
Hmmmmmm, I remember seeing that! (and then rewinding it a few times.)
Here Lindsey, let me get that for you.

Michele
Old 04-09-2008, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
although I think he could gain some weight just to make his face seem less gaunt...he looks wonderful for his age, though. I mean, come on, all that hair?
I didn't like the Dance fullness. Luckily, he seemed to slim down as The Dance tour progressed and he's kept it off. Gets my seal of approval. Michele
Old 04-09-2008, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

How many times do I have to tell you guys that it's the Tusk look all the way?

Tusk! Tusk! Tusk!

As for Lindsey aging well or not... in my opinion he did. But he's way too skinny, and that's not doing anything for him at all. Some might not like the The Dance chubbiness, but I think that's far preferable to the skeleton look-a-like competition he's got going on right now. In fact, The Dance Lindsey is runner up to Tusk Lindsey. That mean needs a little meat on his bones.

I bet Gerald loves this thread. Nothing gets him more going in the morning than a thread filled with shallow crap like this. Wait, Lindsey Buckingham? Is that the guy that arranged some tunes for Stevie Nicks?

I hate to drag her into this again, but I have to say that Lindsey has Stevie beat by kilometers. I'm not talking looks wise, but damn, if Stevie only captured a tenth of what Lindsey brings to the stage, I would be in heaven.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
Some might not like the The Dance chubbiness, but I think that's far preferable to the skeleton look-a-like competition he's got going on right now.
No kidding. He's about as thin as the Cryptkeeper. Other than that, he looks great.

"Or maybe she's a witch, who transcends the boundaries of time and space, and traveled back to 1981, for her own reference."
Old 04-09-2008, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I didn't like the Dance fullness. Luckily, he seemed to slim down as The Dance tour progressed and he's kept it off. Gets my seal of approval. Michele
I think he was looking smokin' during the Dance period. He was sturdier, more overtly masculine wearing a hot suit with the stunning, meticulously done hair.

I think as an older man (let's use that term) he should be a little heavier, to counter-balance the signs of aging. His face is really, really thin, which only makes him look older. At times he looks damn near delicate (like when he isn't wearing the leather jacket to appear "bulkier").
I'm actually a HUGE advocate of being in great shape, as I tend to be very image-conscious myself (and I'm hardly anyone famous), but I personally hate, hate, hate the media conception that being super-thin= more attractive/beautiful. Not always the case. the Dance Lindsey gets all my love.

(BTW: I love threads like this because when I normally discuss Lindsey it's almost always his musical contributions and overall brilliance., so these kind of things lighten the load and they're fun- in moderation! )

Last edited by Nico; 04-09-2008 at 10:18 PM..
Old 04-09-2008, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey don't listen to them. Don't gain any weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
I hate to drag her into this again, but I have to say that Lindsey has Stevie beat by kilometers. I'm not talking looks wise, but damn, if Stevie only captured a tenth of what Lindsey brings to the stage, I would be in heaven.
And it's not just energy because with Shine a Light out, people are all talking about Mick Jagger's indefatigable stage presence. I couldn't bounce and jump like Mick does for 10 minutes, let alone a whole set. But to me (I'm biased), Lindsey has more than energy. There's an exuberance and zaniness and a there-ness (penetration, intensity, whatever) that really takes the audience along for the ride. Sucks you into the vortex.

I'm not into ISA and would rarely listen to an audio version of it for too long, but live I still get swept along by it after all of these years, because he still seems to feel it. It goes beyond the sound or technique. There's a strong, magnetic focus he has that becomes contagious.

Michele
Old 04-09-2008, 10:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He's entrancing. I don't know what it is. Possibly the way he stares you down when he's singing, or just how mind-blowing he is playing that instrument, or it could be the incredibly impassioned performances he is still capable of giving- but he just gets to me. Lindsey totally made me the Fleetwood Mac fan I am now. My dad had always played the pre-BN era stuff out when I was younger, and of course they're stuff was always all over the radio, but it was without a question of a doubt Lindsey and his amazing, amazing presence that made me a fan. I remember watching "Live in Boston" and gaping at his energy and charisma. No offense, but I hardly glanced at Stevie. She was "just there" to me. He's pretty powerful I suppose.

Quote:
Lindsey don't listen to them. Don't gain any weight!
Pfft! Lindsey, go to the "In & Out Burger" and get yourself one, or 12.

Old 04-09-2008, 10:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think as an older man (let's use that term) he should be a little heavier, to counter-balance the signs of aging.
Yeah, if his face was fuller, it wouldn't be so lined. But I just found The Dance a turn off and he wasn't even really overweight then.

I think he's very sexy Tusk era, but I like the attitude then. That's what attracts me most about that time.

If I could only choose one period for looks alone, it would be around 1987, the Seven Wonders video. That's like the archetype of beauty for me. He would not have gotten out of the band alive looking that good. The part of the video where Stevie tousles his hair . . . I become faint and slightly disoriented.

Michele
Old 04-09-2008, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He's entrancing. I don't know what it is. Possibly the way he stares you down when he's singing, or just how mind-blowing he is playing that instrument, or it could be the incredibly impassioned performances he is still capable of giving- but he just gets to me. Lindsey totally made me the Fleetwood Mac fan I am now. My dad had always played the pre-BN era stuff out when I was younger, and of course they're stuff was always all over the radio, but it was without a question of a doubt Lindsey and his amazing, amazing presence that made me a fan. I remember watching "Live in Boston" and gaping at his energy and charisma. No offense, but I hardly glanced at Stevie. She was "just there" to me. He's pretty powerful I suppose.
Now, I'd heard Over My Head, Rhiannon, Say You Love Me and the Rumours songs on the radio and I liked them, but I wasn't even aware that it was one band putting out that music. I never investigated any of those songs. I was a kid and I didn't have a lot of disposable income and I guess I wasn't that interested. It wasn't until I heard Sara that I said, "Who is that??" That's when I went and got the album and found out who FM was.

Stevie drew me in, but I was quickly mystified by the whole kit and kaboodle. Lindsey, Stevie, Christine too. The entire dynamic just enthralled me.

Quote:
Possibly the way he stares you down

The eyes do have a lot to do with it. And I do think the dark eyebrows (which have already been mentioned as having disappeared) had a lot to do with that. It gave his bright eyes a shaded, hooded look that made them pierce deeper. One of my favorite moments is in the video (Tusk doc?) where he is arguing with John and John says something about being tired and wanting to go home and Lindsey says that he wants to go home too. Then, he just narrows his eyes and glares at John for good measure. It's so funny to me.

Quote:
No offense, but I hardly glanced at Stevie. She was "just there" to me. He's pretty powerful I suppose.
He's so very powerful.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 04-09-2008 at 10:44 PM..
Old 04-09-2008, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, if his face was fuller, it wouldn't be so lined. But I just found The Dance a turn off and he wasn't even really overweight then.

I think he's very sexy Tusk era, but I like the attitude then. That's what attracts me most about that time.

If I could only choose one period for looks alone, it would be around 1987, the Seven Wonders video. That's like the archetype of beauty for me. He would not have gotten out of the band alive looking that good. The part of the video where Stevie tousles his hair . . . I become faint and slightly disoriented.

Michele
Hmm, well I think he looks great all the time (except that hideous Go Insane video), so I'm gonna say yes on the Seven Wonders, because he looks extra cocky and sure of himself, as he does always- but more pronounced here than most times.

Tusk= beautiful. Lindsey looked stunning then. He was more in my age group so, yeah, don't ask me what I'd do if one of those was walking around now. Of course I jest...

I love the Out of the Cradle era best. His hair, his demeanor, and MOST IMPORTANTLY his music. I'd relive all the horror that was the early 90s just to appreciate that Lindsey at the time. *sigh*

Old 04-10-2008, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
Hey CADreaming --- thanks for drawing me a picture.

Is there video of these adjustments???? I'd be a willing voyeur...

Wait a minute...Say You Will Photo shoot...is that segment on Destiny Rules DVD or is there a whole DVD of it like the Gypsy Photo Shoot?
Hi Betsy. This is a screencap from the DR doc and as far as I know that's the only dvd of this shoot.

I'd LOVE to see more of the 500+ supposed hours that were filmed...
Old 04-10-2008, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Here Lindsey, let me get that for you.

Michele

Old 04-10-2008, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Hi Betsy. This is a screencap from the DR doc and as far as I know that's the only dvd of this shoot.

I'd LOVE to see more of the 500+ supposed hours that were filmed...
Yeah, you'd think SOMEBODY could leak that. Where's Stevie's Brother when you need him?