The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:51 PM

If she was having panic attacks then all bets are off. Has that been stated? I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. I've had those in my 20's
Old 10-16-2013, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
If she was having panic attacks then all bets are off. Has that been stated? I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. I've had those in my 20's
It's been stated by Stevie.

Michele
Old 10-16-2013, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
It's been stated by Stevie.

Michele
Maybe that's a part of what the therapy was for.. those are no fun..
Old 10-17-2013, 03:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Maybe that's a part of what the therapy was for.. those are no fun..
that, apart from her many other issues. I want her therapist's number. Though I would have to fly there...

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 10-17-2013, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebucked View Post
that, apart from her many other issues. I want her therapist's number. Though I would have to fly there...
Her therapist is so good, I want to tour now!
Old 10-17-2013, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FierySequences View Post
Regardless of how displeased you are with airlines in general, the cramped spaces, stinky passengers, high-prices, etc. We are all trained thouroughly and follow Federal Aviation Administration rules. What I would like to know is where you get your spoken FACTS about "pieces" flying off the plane and airlines considering "more seats", etc. Links, please?
I understand that you do your jobs to the best of your ability given the circumstances imposed upon you, and in no way would I place the faults of the industry on the shoulders of staff such as yourself. I know that all of the things I complain about could be handled by executive management making choices that were about quality and standards instead of stockholders and dividends - I even believe air traffic would increase and prices and profits could go up without complaint from customers like myself if flying were actually the enjoyable and luxurious experience it was 40 years ago. I appreciate the stewards and definitely recognize the bullsh*t they have to put up with every single flight of every single day.

Links, as requested. I never make up my facts.

From yesterday, regarding a body panel falling off a BRAND NEW 787:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...99F0J420131016

From Tuesday's news, regarding smaller, tighter, even-less-comfortable seats:
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireSto...ngers-20572090
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case

Last edited by KarmaContestant; 10-17-2013 at 12:23 PM..
Old 10-17-2013, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
That's true in some cases. In my case, being marijuana free for 4.5 years now shows me how paranoid I once was about unseen fears. Nowadays I feel like I can face any obstacle and deal with anything that comes my way. As a pothead I might have cowered in fear and drowned in my weed and now I am very well aware that the pot just made things worse.
It's funny that being clean is better for you. I'm the opposite...

So I'm absolutely terrified of heights/flying. I can force myself to fly, and never make a scene. The FA usually notices my white knuckles, and asks if I'm okay, but that's about it.

But to address the substance issue....when I'm in Nashville I usually walk from my hotel to downtown(I'm cheap, to save the $15 taxi fare = 15 minute walk), and this involves walking over a long bridge than spans the Cumberland river. Now, on my way over it, ON my way downtown(sober), I'm pretty scared. I don't get near the rail, and do my best to think about other things, to not think about how high I am. Now, on the way BACK, after probably 5-6 beers, and 5-6 shots, there is almost no fear at all. I'm cool as a cucumber, and the fear is 98% gone.

My fear of heights has grown over the years. I've been looking at apartments there, and was looking at an 8th floor apartment last month, and I couldn't go out on the balcony. I was paused at the doorway, and the lady showing it said, "just go out there and take a pic". I just shook my head, and she said, "that's why the first question you asked me, was if people place requests for lower floors, isn't it?". Yup. Terror.

And my flying rule is, if it's 1000 miles or less(16 hour drive), you put your happy ass on that plane, and I'll drive and meet you there. I'm more than happy to give up a day of my vacation, keeping my happy ass on the ground!

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 10-17-2013 at 12:44 PM..
Old 10-17-2013, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have never ridden a plane in my life, so I don't know how it feels.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 10-17-2013, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
I understand that you do your jobs to the best of your ability given the circumstances imposed upon you, and in no way would I place the faults of the industry on the shoulders of staff such as yourself. I know that all of the things I complain about could be handled by executive management making choices that were about quality and standards instead of stockholders and dividends - I even believe air traffic would increase and prices and profits could go up without complaint from customers like myself if flying were actually the enjoyable and luxurious experience it was 40 years ago. I appreciate the stewards and definitely recognize the bullsh*t they have to put up with every single flight of every single day.

Links, as requested. I never make up my facts.

From yesterday, regarding a body panel falling off a BRAND NEW 787:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...99F0J420131016

From Tuesday's news, regarding smaller, tighter, even-less-comfortable seats:
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireSto...ngers-20572090
TY Karma! And I am regretful for your "unfortunate experiences" with airlines, in general. Thx for the links...I have read your posts on here before to know that you are a stand-up man and honest poster. Just thought I'd give you a challenge that hits a soft-spot with me currently . And Yes, I did see the news this morning about the "piece" falling off. That IS Terrifying!

Hmm...now about the more seats/cramped spaces....I have Not viewed the link, yet...but I will say that most airlines would reconsider this. FAA regulations insist that there are 1 FA (flight attendant, not steward lol) to every 50 ppl on board. This would require (most regional, charter-flights) to pay another FA the hourly-wage of a mere (approx) $20.00/hr. That Adds up over time. So Yes, I agree the "Corporate-heads" are always looking to explore the ways to "maximize profit", there IS a cost that comes with it. I don't see that happening with my airline anytime, soon.

And before anyone thinks/posts that (approx) $20.00 an hour is ALOT....consider we are FAA regulated. MOST of US only fly approx. 75 hours/month. That's about what? Part-time employment (on-call) most-of -the-time with full-time benifits that are sub-par. 100 hours maximum for senior FA's, period. Do the Math....that's really NOT that much.

I'm Smiling...but I really shouldn't be....LOL
Old 10-17-2013, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
And before anyone thinks/posts that (approx) $20.00 an hour is ALOT....consider we are FAA regulated. MOST of US only fly approx. 75 hours/month. That's about what? Part-time employment (on-call) most-of -the-time with full-time benifits that are sub-par. 100 hours maximum for senior FA's, period. Do the Math....that's really NOT that much.
Are flight attendants only paid for the time they're actually flying? That's surprising to me, considering there are many other hours beyond actual air-time that FA's give up their personal lives for.

Do people really suggest that 20/hr is a lot of money for an FA job? That seems pretty cheeky to me! How much do they think someone with that level of skill, responsibility, and ability to put up with heaps of total BS should be paid? It's more than I make, granted, but for a job of that nature I don't see how it could be seen as "a lot" by any standard.

People are just awful sometimes, I guess. But to an FA I suppose that's not exactly news.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
And my flying rule is, if it's 1000 miles or less(16 hour drive), you put your happy ass on that plane, and I'll drive and meet you there. I'm more than happy to give up a day of my vacation, keeping my happy ass on the ground!
Indeed!
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 10-17-2013, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=Dex;1107740]Are flight attendants only paid for the time they're actually flying? That's surprising to me, considering there are many other hours beyond actual air-time that FA's give up their personal lives for.

Do people really suggest that 20/hr is a lot of money for an FA job? That seems pretty cheeky to me! How much do they think someone with that level of skill, responsibility, and ability to put up with heaps of total BS should be paid? It's more than I make, granted, but for a job of that nature I don't see how it could be seen as "a lot" by any standard.

People are just awful sometimes, I guess. But to an FA I suppose that's not exactly news.

Last edited by FierySequences; 10-17-2013 at 06:55 PM..
Old 10-17-2013, 06:09 PM

Quote:
LOL, I have only been able to recently responed to this...Sounds like I WANT THE Same-expected of me, not-matter if in the pool, other areas, YES! I want dominated!
I fly 50 to 75K miles a year. The FA's are your best friends. Treat them with respect, that's what you get back. At least in my travels.. They don't get paid enough in my opinion. It's the airlines that hog all the $$ for the Jeff Smisek bonuses for ruining two good airlines... but I digress..
Old 10-17-2013, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LOL, I have only been able to recently responed to this...Sounds like I WANT THE Same-expected of me, not-matter if in the pool, other areas, YES! I want dominated!
OMG-Never mind my recent post^^^ here, sounds as if I revealed TMI that WAS NOT relevant to this thread.....never mind my senseless posting....this is clearly NOT the forum to post THAT! LOL.

My only defense is I thought I Was some place else posting this! (Not ashamed, in the least)

Ok I will quit typing, and probabley not post here ever again.....LMAO!
Old 10-17-2013, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=FierySequences;1107751]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
Are flight attendants only paid for the time they're actually flying? That's surprising to me, considering there are many other hours beyond actual air-time that FA's give up their personal lives for.

What I meant to post, Dex....is YES $20.00/hr is about standard for most FA's. Possibly More for those who fly Continental (International). And You are right, it Is Not "A Lot" to put up with what We and they Do.

I am regional (domestic) only But none-the-less....but, the reality of it is (we are essentially) part-time employee's employed full-time. Yeah, so you can imagine $1500/month is NOT alot of money to support ourselves. Many ppl do not realize or think that we all live "really glamourous" lives with (FREE) flight-benefits to anywhere we please. The reality couldn't be farther from the truth, seriously!

I recently was STUCK in New Orleans Airport for 13 HOURS! trying to get home! Yeah....if my degree leads me to another "full-time" job with Health-Care, I can't say right now I'd turn it down. The life and benefits of a FA is NOT what it used to be! I wouldn't suggest it as a career path to Anyone for that matter.