User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-06-2020, 08:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
The fact that she minimized his heart attack and sprayed it with fairy dust tells you how much remorse she feels. None. None at all.

She's probably eagerly waiting for the final axe over his head...

She doesn’t feel remorse because she doesn’t feel like she did anything wrong. Interpersonal relationships became unmanageable for her and a change needed to be made. That happens in life.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-06-2020, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
Eh, I don't necessarily view that scene in particular as faux shipping or a stage act, I genuinely believe Lindsey wanted to make amends creatively as he admires, and probably still does, her writing talent. As much as he may hate her personally I still believe he loved the creative body of work they produced as a duo and think that is what he wanted back; a non-hostile and beneficial working relationship.

You can see it in her face. Stevie is many things but a talented actress she is not. You can clearly tell her feelings during that doc and they are all over the place. She likes the magic they create as evident during the beginning of the recording phase, introducing her demos, ect. It drives her. It's when Lindsey becomes 'the Producer' and 'the Artsy take risks' guy that he wrecks her nerves.
I think what triggers her every darn time is when ANYONE pushes her to do better or asks her to do something that just maybe she’s not sure about. It goes all the way back to Bella Donna. There are clips of Jimmy clearly frustrated because she “calls the lawyers” every time he asks to do another take.
Old 05-07-2020, 12:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
^^^^
Yep, all of that.

Everyone(I mean, her fans) have always said that her Mom was her grounding force, and when Mama died, it was Ego Mania Gone Wild. She's the greatest. Just ask her.

And she's always hated it that Lindsey found the loving home and family life that she never could.
Her mother and father would both have criticized her harshly, but so would Tom Petty.
Old 05-07-2020, 12:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I had the same beef you did. The burning bridges, her songs live didn't translate well, etc etc. etc..
I had many bootlegs of Dance tour shows and I would watch their interaction together and then it was pretty clear to me that he loved her. I mean a lot of the time, if he was not at his mic singing, if he was away from his mic playing, he would just be staring right at her for a good duration of the concert. And you can’t say he was doing it for show, because no one goes to a Fleetwood Mac concert looking at the bond between Christine and Lindsey.

Also, he was upset that Christine was leaving for purely mercenary reasons too. They wanted to capitalize on the reunion momentum and her leaving put an end to that.

He had 3 million negative things to say in those SYW interviews, especially. I wanted to kill him. 33% more room! But we all remember that Christine also knocked him after the Tango exit.
Old 05-07-2020, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I had many bootlegs of Dance tour shows and I would watch their interaction together and then it was pretty clear to me that he loved her. I mean a lot of the time, if he was not at his mic singing, if he was away from his mic playing, he would just be staring right at her for a good duration of the concert. And you can’t say he was doing it for show, because no one goes to a Fleetwood Mac concert looking at the bond between Christine and Lindsey.

Also, he was upset that Christine was leaving for purely mercenary reasons too. They wanted to capitalize on the reunion momentum and her leaving put an end to that.

He had 3 million negative things to say in those SYW interviews, especially. I wanted to kill him. 33% more room! But we all remember that Christine also knocked him after the Tango exit.
She did. She towed the FM Company line. Playing than we ever have. We are more of a band.

They have no filters sometimes.
Old 05-07-2020, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

His comments about the more masculine sound always killed me. As if Lindsey suddenly could make Fleetwood Mac into Metallica

90% of the time Chris sounded more masculine than Lindsey!
Old 05-07-2020, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
His comments about the more masculine sound always killed me. As if Lindsey suddenly could make Fleetwood Mac into Metallica

90% of the time Chris sounded more masculine than Lindsey!
Come was pretty close. No wonder I hate that song! (I HATE heavy metal)

I'd rather fight Lindsey than Christine(well, back when they were young).
Old 05-07-2020, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Haha, Come is NOT heavy metal! I like the song live but the album version was meh.

And Christine pre 1997 could kick a grown man's ass without a doubt and be tougher than Buck. Less so since her return.
Old 05-07-2020, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
btw, something you and your girl Stevie have in common there!!
Old 05-07-2020, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Haha, Come is NOT heavy metal! I like the song live but the album version was meh.

And Christine pre 1997 could kick a grown man's ass without a doubt and be tougher than Buck. Less so since her return.
Come sucks! There, I said it. I'd call the guitar hard rock. And the screaming.
For the millionth time, I was gifted the deluxe SYW because my cousin's roommate bought it, and HATED Come, and gave it to me. "This doesn't sound like FM!". Indeed. Come sucks!!!

Christine is an old lady now. She lost her spine in some sort of accident.
Old 05-07-2020, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
btw, something you and your girl Stevie have in common there!!
I did NOT have sexual relations with that woman!
Old 05-07-2020, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Come is not heavy metal

And you hate heavy metal? Ok, this is where we drift apart…..

You and Stevie have more in common than you want to admit.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-07-2020, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Come is not heavy metal

And you hate heavy metal? Ok, this is where we drift apart…..

You and Stevie have more in common than you want to admit.
I had my AC/DC phase in life. I do lighting regularly for a hard rock band(wearing ear plugs!). I still like it, BUT....

I'm really a melody/harmony addict. I like pleasing sounds. Probably the reason Christine used to be my favorite. She has a soothing voice.

I HATE to be yelled at. Roger Daltry SUCKS(wasn't it Keef who said he sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard?)! Don't yell at me! Sing to me. Make me relax. I'm a hyper person anyway, so I want music to relax me.

BTW, Storms is my least favorite song(by FAR) on Tusk. It's too relaxing. More like a coma. So I don't have that in common with $tevie.
Old 05-08-2020, 11:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I had my AC/DC phase in life. I do lighting regularly for a hard rock band(wearing ear plugs!). I still like it, BUT....

I'm really a melody/harmony addict. I like pleasing sounds. Probably the reason Christine used to be my favorite. She has a soothing voice.

I HATE to be yelled at. Roger Daltry SUCKS(wasn't it Keef who said he sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard?)! Don't yell at me! Sing to me. Make me relax. I'm a hyper person anyway, so I want music to relax me.

BTW, Storms is my least favorite song(by FAR) on Tusk. It's too relaxing. More like a coma. So I don't have that in common with $tevie.
AC/DC and Metallica are my favorite metal bands. I love it exactly for the same reasons you don't like it: I'm also a hyper person but I love to be one. I'm not a person searching for relax. And I love to get crazy and have fun moving my head with heavy metal

Heavy metal guitar solos are perfect. Just perfect.

Love the lyrics on Storms. The melody totally sucks. Too whiny. Too…. $tevie.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-09-2020, 01:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
AC/DC and Metallica are my favorite metal bands. I love it exactly for the same reasons you don't like it: I'm also a hyper person but I love to be one. I'm not a person searching for relax. And I love to get crazy and have fun moving my head with heavy metal

Heavy metal guitar solos are perfect. Just perfect.

Love the lyrics on Storms. The melody totally sucks. Too whiny. Too…. $tevie.
Well, it depends on the time of day, or situation. I've sometimes been fond of things that $tevie has been fond of in the past.
Seriously though, shutting down my brain at the end of the day is a huge task. Listening to metal late night would keep me up until dawn(actually, when I do lighting for the metal band, I have an impossible time going to sleep those nights).

The best guitar solos are country "chicken pickin'". I work on perfecting playing those daily.

At least we agree that $tevie is too $tevie. A little bit is too much!

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 05-09-2020 at 02:43 AM..