The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-03-2011, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, I tend to doubt they're in contact much these days. But like many old friends, I bet when they do see each other it's like no time has passed.
Didn't Stevie say something about knowing she could show up at Christine's door in the middle of the night with a suitcase in hand? Something about how Christine and Sheryl are the only two women she she could ever do that to. I think I read that somewhere...
Old 04-03-2011, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzoforte View Post
Didn't Stevie say something about knowing she could show up at Christine's door in the middle of the night with a suitcase in hand? Something about how Christine and Sheryl are the only two women she she could ever do that to. I think I read that somewhere...
Yeah, I too read that somewhere, can't remember where. They both have that bond of enduring Fleetwood Mac and in general the rock n' roll lifestyle.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
^^ I have a mental image of that and it's HILARIOUS!
it sure is!!!! omg! that's too damn funny!

and i highly doubt it too!
Old 04-03-2011, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
yeah between the 13 years and the Atlantic ocean, I can't see Christine and Stevie as BFFs.

Has anybody here kept in contact with former friends/co-workers from 13 years ago?
i'm sure ppl have. it was more that just being "co-workers" too! they made HISTORY together. and women were NOT, and still are not, the majority in the rock n roll game!
Old 04-03-2011, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chele_belle View Post
Billy Burnette posted this on Twitter a couple of months ago...
Funny, if I imagined that happening, it would have been the other way around with Christine lobbing something at Stevie, instead. I always got the impression that Chris was slightly annoyed with Stevie, like you would be with that fly that is always buzzing around your house. And I thought that Stevie was a little intimidated by Christine. I mean no big problems between them but just small things.

Like on the Dance tour, I would watch them and get amused because Christine used a tamborine for a song and Stevie had zillions of them and Christine would go up to the stand to get a tambo and Stevie would like hand her two or three and to try on for size and Christine would kind of brush her away as if to say, "I can grab a tamborine for myself, you don't need to be a salesgirl about it."

Michele
Old 04-03-2011, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well that's why Christine doesn't throw chairs. She gets dismissive, sarcastic. Whereas Stevie has a petulance about her--she'll jump across a room and choke you.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Funny, if I imagined that happening, it would have been the other way around with Christine lobbing something at Stevie, instead. I always got the impression that Chris was slightly annoyed with Stevie, like you would be with that fly that is always buzzing around your house. And I thought that Stevie was a little intimidated by Christine. I mean no big problems between them but just small things.

Like on the Dance tour, I would watch them and get amused because Christine used a tamborine for a song and Stevie had zillions of them and Christine would go up to the stand to get a tambo and Stevie would like hand her two or three and to try on for size and Christine would kind of brush her away as if to say, "I can grab a tamborine for myself, you don't need to be a salesgirl about it."

Michele
I just got the best visual from that.

Christine's definitely much more practical than Stevie in just about every sense haha.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine has always had a general respect for Stevie, but they are very different personalities. Though, over the years, she has made little digs about her, which in fact, are not off base.

She would comment about how Stevie writes so many songs, and she wasn't so enamored with Stevie's airy fairy ideals. One of her infamous quotes was when she asked by an interviewer "How does it feel to be a sex symbol in rock and roll?" She responded "I don't know, ask Stevie Nicks."
Old 04-03-2011, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Christine has always had a general respect for Stevie, but they are very different personalities. Though, over the years, she has made little digs about her, which in fact, are not off base.

She would comment about how Stevie writes so many songs, and she wasn't so enamored with Stevie's airy fairy ideals. One of her infamous quotes was when she asked by an interviewer "How does it feel to be a sex symbol in rock and roll?" She responded "I don't know, ask Stevie Nicks."
yeah but she also said that stevie was not trying to be a sex symbol.......that the public labeled her as one.

i think of them as the big sister w/ lil jabs and the lil sister that rolls her eyes.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumidesigns View Post
yeah but she also said that stevie was not trying to be a sex symbol.......that the public labeled her as one.

i think of them as the big sister w/ lil jabs and the lil sister that rolls her eyes.
That's a good way of looking at their relationship!
Old 04-03-2011, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chele_belle View Post
I think they had their moments, just like any friendship. Billy Burnette posted this on Twitter a couple of months ago...
Quote:
RockaBilly4ever Billy Burnette
OKay, there was one time that Stevie a Chris were fighting (don't ask me why!) and Stvie picked up a chair and lobbed it at Chris!
Hysterical!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Michele
Awesome! ITA with your assessment. In fact, it seemed like something was going down with all of them during The Dance rehearsal video. When they were doing the interview and the reporter asked if they had talked everything out. Stevie said, "we didn't talk" with a heavy insinuation and Lindsey sort of whispers to her, "we're still not talking" to which she grinned - but I had to wonder if he was in some way directing that towards Christine; Stevie looked right at her but Christine seemed pretty tense. Stevie and Lindsey were loose with each other at least during that segment.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Stevie has a petulance about her--she'll jump across a room and choke you.
Hahaha!
Old 04-04-2011, 04:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talks about first meeting Christine here, fairly recent interview as well.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Awesome! ITA with your assessment. In fact, it seemed like something was going down with all of them during The Dance rehearsal video. When they were doing the interview and the reporter asked if they had talked everything out. Stevie said, "we didn't talk" with a heavy insinuation and Lindsey sort of whispers to her, "we're still not talking" to which she grinned - but I had to wonder if he was in some way directing that towards Christine; Stevie looked right at her but Christine seemed pretty tense. Stevie and Lindsey were loose with each other at least during that segment.
They were loose cause they just had sex. Lol!

I have to look at that interview again cuz i remember lindsey saying that but i dont remember christine's face.